Wests Tigers hit the training paddock in 40C heatwave

Post Reply
User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2270
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Wests Tigers hit the training paddock in 40C heatwave

Post by Tacky » Thu 14 Dec, 2017 8:59 pm

THE temperature might have passed 40C out west but that hasn’t stopped NRL coaches flogging their stars in pre-season training.

The Tigers were among a handful of Sydney teams slogging it out this morning.

Coach Ivan Cleary braved the heat with his men, who definitely earned a swim after this summer session.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 718c37bb7a
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31260
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Thu 14 Dec, 2017 11:47 pm

Brooks certainly looks fitter than last off-season. Hope it's good sign of things to come.

User avatar
palms
Member
Member
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 2:09 pm
Location: Mooloolaba, QLD

Post by palms » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 2:17 am

willow wrote:
Thu 14 Dec, 2017 11:47 pm
Brooks certainly looks fitter than last off-season. Hope it's good sign of things to come.
Agreed Willow he is looking the fittest I have seen him. It cant be a bad thing.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5570
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:29 am

palms wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 2:17 am
willow wrote:
Thu 14 Dec, 2017 11:47 pm
Brooks certainly looks fitter than last off-season. Hope it's good sign of things to come.
Agreed Willow he is looking the fittest I have seen him. It cant be a bad thing.
I think the circumstances of 2018 have left Luke with no choice but to go to the next level with his preperation. When the comfort of playing with your mates is longer there, and there is genuine competition for his spot, its a must that he works harder then ever. I'm tipping Reynolds is helping him with this too. The signing of Benji may already be paying off in this regard.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3745
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:37 am

king sirro wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:29 am
palms wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 2:17 am
willow wrote:
Thu 14 Dec, 2017 11:47 pm
Brooks certainly looks fitter than last off-season. Hope it's good sign of things to come.
Agreed Willow he is looking the fittest I have seen him. It cant be a bad thing.
I think the circumstances of 2018 have left Luke with no choice but to go to the next level with his preperation. When the comfort of playing with your mates is longer there, and there is genuine competition for his spot, its a must that he works harder then ever. I'm tipping Reynolds is helping him with this too. The signing of Benji may already be paying off in this regard.
He already improved 100% on 2017 - having no tanking 5/8 playing with him.


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16714
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:09 am

The coaches in-form son being available to approach from November 1st 2018 might also provide some motivation.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:36 pm

Moses leaving will bring out the best in Brooks.
I know previous pre seasons his been in the rehab group but the feeling I got was that with Moses there Brooks went into his shell probably with Moses dominating personality. Reynolds and Benji although possibly equally as egotistical are more team players and would only be encouraging Brooks in the pre season, not trying to out do him.
If anything, seeing Brooks sweating hard in every photo so far is enough to convince me his taking his pre season and next season serious.

Post Reply