Reynolds: "Nobody thinks they're better than anyone here"

Tacky

Re: Reynolds: "Nobody thinks they're better than anyone here"

Post by Tacky » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 3:15 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:34 pm
Having just invested in McQueen,a similiar sort of player to Lawrence but better,I think Lawrence wont make the 17.
Hes gotta leapfrog ET/McQueen/Else and Aloise...and IF theyre all fit cant I see it happening tbh
Just my opinion....
I've seen a lot of people butcher Aloiai's name, but this one takes the cake
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 3:20 pm

Nah i think Else and Aloise will do wonders for us..current Jillaroos aren't they...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 5:03 pm

Maybe we shld recruit Caitlain Jenner...?A real all rounder who can play most positions...?

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 5:59 pm

Alleyoop?
"Quality Stupidity"

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 6:36 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 7:57 pm
Why? I thought the podcast was really positive- and honest and raw which makes a change from ‘I just did it for the boys’ ‘were just playing one game at a time’ ‘it is what it is’.....
Agree. I thought Reynolds really dug deep and aimed up which is difficult to do simultaneously.So sick of cliches and truisms especially from captains.I guess the Bulldogs will hear plenty from that big lump of a lad with massive thighs.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 6:45 pm

Thats why we come last every year Josh...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 7:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:04 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:57 pm
clontarfkid wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 6:17 pm
Any prospect of Reynold becoming captain of WT just disappeared with these pretty average comments.
He wld offer the same level of " leadership" as what weve had last coupla years...and WT deserves better..and needs better if we wish to move forward
ET now odds on to have the c next to his name..which means hes a certain starter(as he always shld have been)
Reynolds can stick to "adding enthusiasm"
I believe Chris Lawrence is a chance to Captain the Club...
As in an old fashioned club captain or as the NRL captain

Maybe a co captain
Which comments "“At the Bulldogs, everyone has kids, 23, 24-year-olds – they have three or four kids. Mum is just sitting up in the stands thinking ‘what’s wrong with my son’. She just says I have to rejuvenate my life, but it’s about her. I have to have kids for her. It’s not about me or my partner, it’s actually about her.”

I don't know, that kind of leadership could ruin our season for the next 3-4 years. But hey we would be Dominant with a 60 player reserve in about 20 years time ;)

I don't think Reynolds should be Captain. I think Cleary should just pick someone with a Level head, preferably going with the South Sydney 5 multi captain model.

*crazy idea of the week* 17 captains. ref wants to argue the call, all 17 go get him!

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 7:37 pm

I would like to see Brooks step up and demand to be captain of his team.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:15 pm

Fibros wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 7:37 pm
Sorry Fibros but no way. I have never bagged Brooks on this forum but judging from interviews etc he simply doesn’t have the smarts to be captain
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:25 pm

colmcd wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 7:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:
Any prospect of Reynold becoming captain of WT just disappeared with these pretty average comments.
He wld offer the same level of " leadership" as what weve had last coupla years...and WT deserves better..and needs better if we wish to move forward
ET now odds on to have the c next to his name..which means hes a certain starter(as he always shld have been)

Maybe a co captain
Which comments "“At the Bulldogs, everyone has kids, 23, 24-year-olds – they have three or four kids. Mum is just sitting up in the stands thinking ‘what’s wrong with my son’. She just says I have to rejuvenate my life, but it’s about her. I have to have kids for her. It’s not about me or my partner, it’s actually about her.”

I don't know, that kind of leadership could ruin our season for the next 3-4 years. But hey we would be Dominant with a 60 player reserve in about 20 years time ;)

I don't think Reynolds should be Captain. I think Cleary should just pick someone with a Level head, preferably going with the South Sydney 5 multi captain model.

*crazy idea of the week* 17 captains. ref wants to argue the call, all 17 go get him!
I don't understand what is wrong with those comments?

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:54 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:15 pm
Fibros wrote:
Sorry Fibros but no way. I have never bagged Brooks on this forum but judging from interviews etc he simply doesn’t have the smarts to be captain
Watching Brooks in his video profile, he seems to have a lisp which would stop him from enunciating well. That would probably cause the casual observer to conclude that he may not have very high intelligence but that may or may not be the case. I say good on him for having the courage to speak in front of the camera and we should give him credit for that.

Intelligence apart though, I think he'll have enough on his plate without even thinking about captaincy and anyway, there are far more qualified contenders for the job than Luke.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:01 pm

Don Kershane wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 6:36 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Why? I thought the podcast was really positive- and honest and raw which makes a change from ‘I just did it for the boys’ ‘were just playing one game at a time’ ‘it is what it is’.....
Agree. I thought Reynolds really dug deep and aimed up which is difficult to do simultaneously.So sick of cliches and truisms especially from captains.I guess the Bulldogs will hear plenty from that big lump of a lad with massive thighs.
There is another NRL podcast with him and his best bud Klemmer available, with plenty of that, but it is what it is.

Was interesting that despite the rumbling of the sort and to the contrary, he said nobody at WT spoke to him about reneging once he signed and both sides just moved on.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:08 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:54 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:15 pm
Fibros wrote:
Watching Brooks in his video profile, he seems to have a lisp which would stop him from enunciating well. That would probably cause the casual observer to conclude that he may not have very high intelligence but that may or may not be the case. I say good on him for having the courage to speak in front of the camera and we should give him credit for that.

Intelligence apart though, I think he'll have enough on his plate without even thinking about captaincy and anyway, there are far more qualified contenders for the job than Luke.
I think co-captaincy would suit him and not change things much at all, as he will be the one barking the orders and controlling the play anyhow. That way he doesn't have to front up to the media continually as others can carry out that aspect of the role.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:31 pm

Don Kershane wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
Check out the Kelmer and Woods podcast for the real thing if your curious.
Kelmer is pretty down to earth, Woods is just a tool no matter which way you listen to it.
It’s on the nrl site link available through the page the Reynolds podcast is on.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:45 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:31 pm
Don Kershane wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
Kelmer is pretty down to earth, Woods is just a tool no matter which way you listen to it.
It’s on the nrl site link available through the page the Reynolds podcast is on.
Sorry just saw it mentioned above.

Can I just say on Reynolds comments on the reason for having kids.
Who honestly thinks his being serious. You take things so literal. It’s sarcasm. I don’t have kids myself but he said is pretty common with most family’s.
Mum just wants me to settle down cause she wants to be a grandmother.
His quote about he doesn’t care who the mum is, is obviously still speaking from his mums point of view.

The bit that I thought you guys would be up in arms about is when he conceded he would not make a good captain because his too much of a hothead on the field and as such would have a tough time getting the respect from the referees.

Finally it was mentioned that Chris Lawrence will most likely be captain.
Is that for Second Grade because all I’ve read is that no one even expects Chris to be in the starting side at all.
If he is replaced by McQueen as a lot of suggestions have been made his only going to be club captain or captain of NSW Cup.
I for one hope that if he does get picked captain and a starting spot that he remains fit and firing.

It’s a tough decision who ever you pick most likely won’t be on the field for 80.

Here is a left field one.
Kev and play him permanently on the left wing???

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:46 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:31 pm
Don Kershane wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sorry just saw it mentioned above.

Can I just say on Reynolds comments on the reason for having kids.
Who honestly thinks his being serious. You take things so literal. It’s sarcasm. I don’t have kids myself but he said is pretty common with most family’s.
Mum just wants me to settle down cause she wants to be a grandmother.
His quote about he doesn’t care who the mum is, is obviously still speaking from his mums point of view.

The bit that I thought you guys would be up in arms about is when he conceded he would not make a good captain because his too much of a hothead on the field and as such would have a tough time getting the respect from the referees.

Finally it was mentioned that Chris Lawrence will most likely be captain.
Is that for Second Grade because all I’ve read is that no one even expects Chris to be in the starting side at all.
If he is replaced by McQueen as a lot of suggestions have been made his only going to be club captain or captain of NSW Cup.
I for one hope that if he does get picked captain and a starting spot that he remains fit and firing.

It’s a tough decision who ever you pick most likely won’t be on the field for 80.

Here is a left field one.
Kev and play him permanently on the left wing???

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:47 pm

Sorry for the double post...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 12:31 am

colmcd wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 7:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:

Maybe a co captain

Sorry Col I meant Lawrence as Club Captain or Co Captain