Reynolds: "Nobody thinks they're better than anyone here"

willow

Post by willow » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 9:15 pm

Author Michael Chammas
Chief Reporter
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 03:04 PM

Josh Reynolds delves into the changes at the Wests Tigers that he believes will help him rediscover his best form, while also giving an insight into his private life and why he hasn’t been able to stay in a solid relationship for extended periods of time.

The Tigers recruit sits down with NRL.com chief reporter Michael Chammas and NRL.com reporter and former teammate Steve Turner for a candid discussion around his departure from the Canterbury Bulldogs and his expectations at his new club.

“It’s given me a whole new outlook on footy knowing the way I’m going to be playing this year,” Reynolds said.

“Just one little thing is that I know I’m going to be popping up on both sides of the field this year. For four years at the Dogs, the style we played didn’t allow me to do that.

‘’When I was growing up, my favourite thing ever was being able to step off my left foot. Just little things like that … it’s definitely going to change the way I have played the game the last few years.”

When it comes to life off the field, Reynolds expresses his desire to escape his party-boy reputation as he looks to give his mother what she really wants from of her son.

“Mum doesn’t actually care about the girl I’m with, she just wants the grandkids mate,” Reynolds joked.

“At the Bulldogs, everyone has kids, 23, 24-year-olds – they have three or four kids. Mum is just sitting up in the stands thinking ‘what’s wrong with my son’. She just says I have to rejuvenate my life, but it’s about her. I have to have kids for her. It’s not about me or my partner, it’s actually about her.”

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... yone-here/

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 9:28 pm

Some ridiculous reasons for parenthood. Maybe playing on both sides will help him find a surrogate amongst the crowd.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 9:41 pm

formerguest wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 9:28 pm
Some ridiculous reasons for parenthood. Maybe playing on both sides will help him find a surrogate amongst the crowd.
:lol:

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 12:11 am

Very interesting point about playing both sides of the ruck. Brooks will probably be doing this too. Looks like we’re going old school with a traditional back line where our half and 5/8 link instead of each being responsible for one half of the field. Could make us less predictable and give the opposition defenders more to worry about. I’m excited.
Need more props.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 1:45 am

Structure V playing what you see .....

Be interesting to see what suits us more in 2018

We will definitely need to mix it up , too much structure and we become the Dogs or Saints, too much off the cuff and we will look like the same Ol same Ol WTs

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 6:39 am

A subtle did at the recent past playing group perhaps......

Then again no one thinks they're better than anyone else here probably because they aren't..... I like we have requited well in NRL experience..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:33 am

He seems happy at the club which is the most positive thing at the moment
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:39 am

Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:41 am

I’m excited that he mentioned that (re both sides.)
One thing I noticed, once Luke was back from injury and Tui was in the 5/8 position that Cleary started playing Brooks at first receiver.
And not just on the 5th tackle, nearly every tackle.
Brooks was playing in much tighter and controlling the middle third of the field.
The thing that’s overlooked with Brooks is he has a very good out ball. His final passes might be scrutinised but for the keen observer look into how our back line plays start and the speed that Brooks would get the ball out across the park.
We always looked better on the right side with Moses because it was Brooks providing that first pass.
If you notice in the back half of our season with Tui popping up both sides we looked just as dangerous in attack either side.
Now with Reynolds one of my concerns was are we going to revert back to left side right side as I felt that would be a backwards step.
Presently surprised to here that Reynolds will be playing both sides.
If you’ve watched Reynolds closley recently as we know his running game is his strength.
But the bulldogs attack with him was predictable as Moses runs straight so when the ball went left teams would hold their shape. And when the ball came right to Reynolds in a sweeping play teams would slide. Although predicable Reynolds still looked dangerous every time he ran.
Great news!

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:07 am

Tacky wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:39 am
I love how Dave is always enthusiastic about the club.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Earl

Post by Earl » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:13 am

Masterton wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:07 am
Tacky wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:39 am
I love how Dave is always enthusiastic about the club.
He really loves the club doesn't he.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 6:17 pm

Any prospect of Reynold becoming captain of WT just disappeared with these pretty average comments.
He wld offer the same level of " leadership" as what weve had last coupla years...and WT deserves better..and needs better if we wish to move forward
ET now odds on to have the c next to his name..which means hes a certain starter(as he always shld have been)
Reynolds can stick to "adding enthusiasm"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 6:25 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 6:17 pm
Any prospect of Reynold becoming captain of WT just disappeared with these pretty average comments.
He wld offer the same level of " leadership" as what weve had last coupla years...and WT deserves better..and needs better if we wish to move forward
ET now odds on to have the c next to his name..which means hes a certain starter(as he always shld have been)
Which comments?

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 7:57 pm

Why? I thought the podcast was really positive- and honest and raw which makes a change from ‘I just did it for the boys’ ‘were just playing one game at a time’ ‘it is what it is’.....
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:53 pm

Someone said it earlier..."ridiculous reasons for having kids"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:57 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
I believe Chris Lawrence is a chance to Captain the Club...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:04 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:57 pm
clontarfkid wrote:
I believe Chris Lawrence is a chance to Captain the Club...
As in an old fashioned club captain or as the NRL captain

Maybe a co captain

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:34 pm

Having just invested in McQueen,a similiar sort of player to Lawrence but better,I think Lawrence wont make the 17.
Hes gotta leapfrog ET/McQueen/Else and Aloise...and IF theyre all fit cant I see it happening tbh
Just my opinion....