Inside Info

Harvey

Inside Info

Post by Harvey » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:58 am

We seem to be missing inside info this year. In previous years there were a couple of posters that would give some inside information (not always accurate) around what was happening on the training paddock.

Would get tipped that certain people were killing it, while others had been admonished for their lack of fitness or effort. Would provide info around which players are training in which positions, the likely pecking order and which position Rankin would be playing in round one.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 9:01 am

We just had 30 pages on a Smoking gun offering and Yoss and Pom have thrown the odd one in

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 9:04 am

That was a signing rumour, not what is happening with our current squad. I think the closest thing have been a couple of snippets from the open training session

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 9:09 am

They are all fitter faster stronger than any pre-season before..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TigerTone

Post by TigerTone » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 9:24 am

Harvey wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:58 am
We seem to be missing inside info this year. In previous years there were a couple of posters that would give some inside information (not always accurate) around what was happening on the training paddock.

Would get tipped that certain people were killing it, while others had been admonished for their lack of fitness or effort. Would provide info around which players are training in which positions, the likely pecking order and which position Rankin would be playing in round one.
Well , Rankin has left the building. So im thinking whoever has the
inside information is at a loss.
:roll
:bash
:brick:

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 9:25 am

Wasn't it T T that provided it in the past?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 10:16 am

TigerTone wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 9:24 am
Harvey wrote:

Well , Rankin has left the building. So im thinking whoever has the
inside information is at a loss.
:roll
:bash
:brick:
We only have 28 players in our roster. Could the prodigal son return?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 11:17 am

Look as much as getting inside information is good for fans its not so good for recruitment /retention

I will explain why / how

When people linked to a club start saying we are signing this person and that person you then alert every opposition club that a player is interested in leaving a club

A lot of your opposition clubs may have no idea this player was wanting to leave and when you get more suitors it drives prices up and lessens the chance to recruit that person

I'll give my EPL side WHU as an example , the sons of the owners David Gold and David Sullivan are forever on social media spruiking who they might sign , many seem to fall through , yes I know world football is a massive market compared to the NRL but the same rules apply

I understand that player managers probably let the cat out of the bag , but players usually start their own their own recruitment when talking to other players , at other clubs

If we can get first shot at a player and really get our claws in before any other club can , it can only be a win win situation

Let the media speculate all they like about who is signing or who is leaving , let the professionals who job it is with recruitment to get the job done unaided or unhindered

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 11:20 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 9:09 am
They are all fitter faster stronger than any pre-season before..
haha yep enough said...
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 11:44 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 11:17 am

When people linked to a club start saying we are signing this person and that person you then alert every opposition club that a player is interested in leaving a club

A lot of your opposition clubs may have no idea this player was wanting to leave and when you get more suitors it drives prices up and lessens the chance to recruit that person
I reckon player managers probably let every club know when on their clients wants out of their current club.
They wouldn't be doing their job properly otherwise.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 12:02 pm

Harvey wrote:

There has been a little bit. I'll summarise for you:

1. We thought Ben Barba was coming (he's not).
2. We're having positive talks with RTS for next season.
3. Tui may not be seen as a long term fullback option by Cleary seeing as how we're going after other fullbacks.
4. Benji is adding a lot to preseason training as is Reynolds.
5. Cory Thompson is killing it in preseason and impressing all the right people.
6. No egos during training and everyone seems to be settling in well.
7. Cleary still undecided on captain but it should be announced this week.

That is all the stuff I've seen from the forum and other sources. May not be the type of insider info you're looking for but, that's all we got.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 12:30 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 11:44 am
happy tiger wrote:

I reckon player managers probably let every club know when on their clients wants out of their current club.
Not necessarily , player would give player manager a list of clubs he wants to play for

My point is , if we can get in early enough and get our hooks in before every other club we stand a better chance

rottie

Post by rottie » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:19 pm

Probably our best pre season in history if all the fluff articles being posted by the club are to be believed 😂

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 12:30 pm
Sabre wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Not necessarily , player would give player manager a list of clubs he wants to play for

My point is , if we can get in early enough and get our hooks in before every other club we stand a better chance
hahaha ..yeah slip under other clubs radars?
sorry mate youre in fantasy land

Munk

Post by Munk » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Look as much as getting inside information is good for fans its not so good for recruitment /retention

I will explain why / how

I'll give my EPL side WHU as an example , the sons of the owners David Gold and David Sullivan are forever on social media spruiking who they might sign , many seem to fall through , yes I know world football is a massive market compared to the NRL but the same rules apply

I understand that player managers probably let the cat out of the bag , but players usually start their own their own recruitment when talking to other players , at other clubs

If we can get first shot at a player and really get our claws in before any other club can , it can only be a win win situation

Let the media speculate all they like about who is signing or who is leaving , let the professionals who job it is with recruitment to get the job done unaided or unhindered
Bravo on the most condescending post of the year so far.
Do you really think none of us understood everything you said before you said it?
The OP wanted to know the goss at pre season training...i.e. strongest, fastest, fittest etc.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 9:58 pm

Munk wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:26 pm
happy tiger wrote:

I will explain why / how

Do you really think none of us understood everything you said before you said it?
The OP wanted to know the goss at pre season training...i.e. strongest, fastest, fittest etc.
You're not qualified to cast a vote on "the most condescending post of the year".
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 12:37 am

Munk wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I will explain why / how

I rarely admit I'm wrong , but I was this time :oops:

Had no idea you could spell condescending , let alone knew you would know what it means :lol:

But the again we don't need to know who the strongest fastest or fittest are .....

There might be an I in Ivan but their is no I in team , doesn't need to know

But I can remember a very famous footballer once saying your backs are only as quick as the slowest member of your backline

Strength isn't important , technique always wins out Cameron Smith in defence .....

In this squad , every member needs to be fitter than every opposition player they face this season

If we manage this well , we should be smiling and proud of our club at seasons end :sign:

Does that help or was I being even more condescending this time ,I would be utterly devastated if I've offended you again

I'm sorry Munk , I always disappoint you :(

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 12:43 am

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 12:30 pm
Sabre wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

hahaha ..yeah slip under other clubs radars?
sorry mate youre in fantasy land
I'd like to think we are aiming to be the 1st club to speak to any player we want to sign or wanting out and the last person speaking to them as well

And if we aren't we have the wrong people in these roles