Inside Info

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Re: Inside Info

Post by Needaname » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 5:31 pm

Could we see Fonua in the Centres with MWZ the Winger?
Is there a chance Milne starts in reserves or will Marsters be starting his progression to the backrow from round 1...


will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am

Post by will1999 » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 5:38 pm

2. Nofa
3. Milne
4. Founua
5. MWZ

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 5:46 pm

Lolohea
Nofo
Milne
Fonua
MWZ
Reynolds
Brooks
Twal
McIllwrick
Packer
Lawrence
Taylor
Eisenhuth

Marsters
Aloiai
Rochow
Matulino

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2679
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 6:11 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 1:56 pm
ive been told both milne and marsters have been training exclusivley at right center, so i dont think they'll be the center combo. kev naquima likely left center.
That's really weird. Both Marsters and Milne are good enough to play first grade.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 6:13 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 5:46 pm
Lolohea
Nofo
Milne
Fonua
MWZ
Reynolds
Brooks
Twal
McIllwrick
Packer
Lawrence
Taylor
Eisenhuth

Marsters
Aloiai
Rochow
Matulino
This is a good team.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32711
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 6:20 pm

Tacky wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 6:11 pm
fergiefurr wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 1:56 pm
ive been told both milne and marsters have been training exclusivley at right center, so i dont think they'll be the center combo. kev naquima likely left center.
That's really weird. Both Marsters and Milne are good enough to play first grade.
With Suli out of the picture left centre becomes a lot more important in terms of depth. I was hoping Milne could play left centre as Marsters looked capable on the right.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Munk » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 8:00 pm

Earl wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 6:13 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 5:46 pm
Lolohea
Nofo
Milne
Fonua
MWZ
Reynolds
Brooks
Twal
McIllwrick
Packer
Lawrence
Taylor
Eisenhuth

Marsters
Aloiai
Rochow
Matulino
This is a good team.
Its not a bad side but the second row is weak. Those two wouldnt claim 100 meters a game between them. Our kicking is not good enough to cover for the lack of penetration in the ruck. Id also suspect Mr X factor will hold a bench spot as we lack game breakers.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5721
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 9:21 pm

Munk wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 8:00 pm
Earl wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 6:13 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 5:46 pm
Lolohea
Nofo
Milne
Fonua
MWZ
Reynolds
Brooks
Twal
McIllwrick
Packer
Lawrence
Taylor
Eisenhuth

Marsters
Aloiai
Rochow
Matulino
This is a good team.
Its not a bad side but the second row is weak. Those two wouldnt claim 100 meters a game between them. Our kicking is not good enough to cover for the lack of penetration in the ruck. Id also suspect Mr X factor will hold a bench spot as we lack game breakers.
Taking "training the house down" comments aside, I was of the opinion Cleary was shaping this team:

Lolo
Nofo
Milne
Marsters
Fonua
Reynolds
Brooks
Packer
Liddle
Mats
Lawrence
McQueen
Taylor

Twal
Hooth
Sue
Benji

Not exactly how I'd have it, but based on who he bought and who was favoured last year. Pretty good depth for once if it leaves out Aloiai, McIlwrick, Kev, MWZ, Rochow, Felise, Tim Grant, Thompson, MCK - they all have legitimate claims to being FG-quality players.

I know Fergie said both Milne and Marsters were training at R centre, but I can't see how they aren't the best 2 centres at the club. And we are flush for two types of backrowers - tackling slowish workhorses (Taylor, McQueen, Lawrence, Rochow) and bullocking runners with question-mark on their decision-making and stamina (Aloiai, Sue, MCK) - the latter of which Marsters fits in. I can't find a place for Marsters at this time if he's not in the backs.

I also agree w Munk, that Cleary is going to start the year w Benji on the bench, worked so well for Broncos and gives us such a strong utility value.

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2864
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 9:44 pm

No info for this prediction but I think our 2-5 will be what we had at the back end of the year.

2. MWZ
3. Kev
4. Marsters
5. Nofa

The comments Ivan made about the side not being the same at the starts and end of the year made me think this. Also we’re having a lot of changes in other positions, he might just keep this to have some continuity.

Post Reply