Wests Tigers v Cowboys trial match *LIVE,,

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Wests Tigers v Cowboys trial match *LIVE,,

Post by formerguest » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 7:58 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 3:08 am
I highly doubt it's some form punishment...in public?
Poor form if so imo.
Expect that it would to make up for the lack of minutes spent on field as part of today's sport science, which I have little understanding of.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:10 am

Foxsports headline saying that Reynolds starred for the Tigers...I hope he is just what we need in this team to take us towards finals footy....early days yet but there is plenty of promise being shown so early by many...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:12 am

smoking gun wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 7:17 am
old man tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:26 pm
underdog wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:19 pm
Brooks has been busy, not effective imo
Did you watch the first half? probably best on park for the first 20,
I did mate, agree he started well but got worse over time.
I think he was running for the sake of it at times, not even looking outside, and short kicking was a mixed bag.

Only a trial, and the effort is great.
Brooks was pretty average. But in saying that he's an average halfback so can't expect great things from mediocre talent. Kicks the ball dead to often. Can't build pressure with no repeat set, not pinning teams down in there own 10 and giving a free 20 metres and 7 tackles.
Wasn't a very good repeat set as the dropout hit the ground and ended up travelling about seventy metres, but think he was the only player to force one last night. Sure, one attempt was a shocker and went way dead, but he was good at the start and likely fatigued as the match word on in hot and humid conditions. Overall, yeah average, still probably the best performing half on the field.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:24 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 11:05 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:34 pm
Reynolds & Lawrence on the bench. Who is the 6th captain?
You're having yourself on Harv.

Rowdy was good tonight, and Reynolds was not bought to play Hooker.

Hope you realise this was a Trial after nearly 5 months off or did you think was a semi?
They were on the bench together at one stage in the 2nd half. With Packer, ET & Benji not playing, I wondered who the 6th captain was. I.e. who was the captain on the field at that point.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:26 am

formerguest wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:12 am
smoking gun wrote:
old man tiger wrote:
underdog wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm

Did you watch the first half? probably best on park for the first 20,
I think he was running for the sake of it at times, not even looking outside, and short kicking was a mixed bag.

Brooks was pretty average. But in saying that he's an average halfback so can't expect great things from mediocre talent. Kicks the ball dead to often. Can't build pressure with no repeat set, not pinning teams down in there own 10 and giving a free 20 metres and 7 tackles.
Wasn't a very good repeat set as the dropout hit the ground and ended up travelling about seventy metres, but think he was the only player to force one last night. Sure, one attempt was a shocker and went way dead, but he was good at the start and likely fatigued as the match word on in hot and humid conditions. Overall, yeah average, still probably the best performing half on the field.
Yeah I blame Luke for that 2 as he obviously called MINE..

I note to that Thurston and Martin found the turf with passes a few times in that 1st half...i think they were playing with the greasy ball..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:27 am

Harvey wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:24 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 11:05 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:34 pm
Reynolds & Lawrence on the bench. Who is the 6th captain?
You're having yourself on Harv.

Rowdy was good tonight, and Reynolds was not bought to play Hooker.

Hope you realise this was a Trial after nearly 5 months off or did you think was a semi?
They were on the bench together at one stage in the 2nd half. With Packer, ET & Benji not playing, I wondered who the 6th captain was. I.e. who was the captain on the field at that point.
Sorry Harv, mistook the post - It would be interesting to know, could have been someone like Grant.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:34 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:10 am
Foxsports headline saying that Reynolds starred for the Tigers...I hope he is just what we need in this team to take us towards finals footy....early days yet but there is plenty of promise being shown so early by many...
Thats not how i saw it. I wasn't impressed with Reynolds at all. He did some good things but overall he plays too messy for my liking. I think Brooks/Marshall combo would be more fluent. Possibly even Gamble after his good showing, but i wouldn't rush into that. Reynolds is an effort player and the best "effort" position is hooker. However, his passing from there was not good. He will be the 6, but i fear it will be to the detriment of the team.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:59 am

king sirro wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:34 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Thats not how i saw it. I wasn't impressed with Reynolds at all. He did some good things but overall he plays too messy for my liking. I think Brooks/Marshall combo would be more fluent. Possibly even Gamble after his good showing, but i wouldn't rush into that. Reynolds is an effort player and the best "effort" position is hooker. However, his passing from there was not good. He will be the 6, but i fear it will be to the detriment of the team.
I saw Brooks as our best, with Gamble not far behind. Reynolds normally puts in the effort, but watching him not dive on the ball that Thurston then soccered up field for a try was lacking in it.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 9:05 am

formerguest wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:59 am
king sirro wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
I saw Brooks as our best, with Gamble not far behind. Reynolds normally puts in the effort, but watching him not dive on the ball that Thurston then soccered up field for a try was lacking in it.
Yeh i saw Brooks performance as a real positive start for him. Yes his most disapointing aspect of his game was a again down, but the rest was really good IMO. Fine tuning that short kicking game is a big priority now. I think he will get there.

Very impressed with Gamble. Big and strong, was talking a lot, took the line on well and has a boot on him. Would seriosly watch his progress over the next month.

I also like Lolohea at fullback. He is definately a running player rather then a 6. So powerful.

I've said in many threads what i thought of Esarn. He has to start. We will score so many tries off his offloads. Its almost a shame to waste him outwide. He would kill it at right backrow. But happy to have him in the centres for now as its a weakness he can strengthen.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 9:22 am

king sirro wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Directly set up 2 tries.

His whole career he has been somewhat messy, instinctive sort of player.

If thats a bad game from him I will take it.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 9:55 am

Eddie wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 9:22 am
king sirro wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Directly set up 2 tries.

His whole career he has been somewhat messy, instinctive sort of player.

If thats a bad game from him I will take it.
Yep Im with Eddie. I was very happy with Josh. Was quick on his feet and probing a lot. If Brooks can iron out his own game, Josh will provide the perfect foil.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:16 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 7:32 am
Brooks did get a repeat set...must of been a blackout at that stage...gave up 2 7 tackles as did Reynolds...

I guess Thurston and Martin are crap cause the didn't get any and gave up 3 also..
U just compared brooks to Thurston so that makes your opinion irrelevant.

This has been brooks since he came into FG. No inprovement at all. Where do you rank brooks amongst 1st grade starting halfbacks?

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:40 am

Hopeing Reynolds does not fall into the trap of thinking he has to do everything as this type of thinking results in a negative rather than a positive.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:45 am

smoking gun wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:16 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 7:32 am
Brooks did get a repeat set...must of been a blackout at that stage...gave up 2 7 tackles as did Reynolds...

I guess Thurston and Martin are crap cause the didn't get any and gave up 3 also..
U just compared brooks to Thurston so that makes your opinion irrelevant.

This has been brooks since he came into FG. No inprovement at all. Where do you rank brooks amongst 1st grade starting halfbacks?
Brooks will be given his time to impress .....IMO that was 2 seasons ago , it is now all up to him the pressure is deluxe as other options are available .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:59 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:26 am
formerguest wrote:
smoking gun wrote:
old man tiger wrote:

I note to that Thurston and Martin found the turf with passes a few times in that 1st half...i think they were playing with the greasy ball..
Look guys , very hard to rate a players kicking game on a ground he is playing on for the first time , especially allowing for the fact Cairns has had a lot of rain recently

I thought he was rocks and diamonds

All the forwards really impressed , pleasantly surprised by Rochow and Mikaele

Reynolds OK , McIllwrick was good and Godinet went well

Backs played well Lolohea ,Thompson , Milne and Nofoa looked good

Overall some bright signs for 2018 , can't wait for the real stuff

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:59 am

TrueTiger wrote:
I watched the game and I wouldn't say he starred..he threw some silly passes and crabbed sideways a fair bit...it was a typical Reynolds game... nothing to write home about.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 12:12 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:59 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:26 am
formerguest wrote:
smoking gun wrote:

Look guys , very hard to rate a players kicking game on a ground he is playing on for the first time , especially allowing for the fact Cairns has had a lot of rain recently

I thought he was rocks and diamonds

All the forwards really impressed , pleasantly surprised by Rochow and Mikaele

Reynolds OK , McIllwrick was good and Godinet went well

Backs played well Lolohea ,Thompson , Milne and Nofoa looked good

Overall some bright signs for 2018 , can't wait for the real stuff
Particularly hard to get your kicking bearings when the there is a track around the field or on a cricket oval. Godinet wound the clock back five years with that effort.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 12:12 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 7:58 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 3:08 am
I highly doubt it's some form punishment...in public?
Poor form if so imo.
haha...yeah that's what I was thinking but couldn't even put it into words

Expect that it would to make up for the lack of minutes spent on field as part of today's sport science, which I have little understanding of.