Re: Brooks given keys to Tigers' NRL kingdom

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:41 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:15 pm
Red88 Tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:13 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 3:36 pm
I actually get tired of hearing how certain halves need ro run more. IMO l the 2 worst halfbacks that seem to run at the wrong times and the wrong way are Brooks and Pearce. Now when i say run the wrong i mean this, basically taking a hit up. Both these guys take the line on almost premeditated like a forward. No half should ever premeditate a run. They need to ball play into the line and sometimes the option will present itself to run and that instinct will take over, but most of the time passing will be the better option.

You never see Thurston running the ball for the sake of it like Pearce and Brooks, he ball plays into the line and only runs if the opportunity presents. There can be games where Thurston doesn't get tackled, does that mean he didn't run enough? No way. I bet he landed on his back plenty of times without the ball because he dug into the line deep before passing.

Just go to the line with running options around you, thats all Brooks has to do in regards to running.
Thurston always has somebody pushing up in support which gives him an option. Brooks didn't have that all the time
I think thats my point
Sorry mate. Saturday arvo plus beer

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:56 pm

Red88 Tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:41 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:15 pm
Red88 Tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:13 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 3:36 pm
I actually get tired of hearing how certain halves need ro run more. IMO l the 2 worst halfbacks that seem to run at the wrong times and the wrong way are Brooks and Pearce. Now when i say run the wrong i mean this, basically taking a hit up. Both these guys take the line on almost premeditated like a forward. No half should ever premeditate a run. They need to ball play into the line and sometimes the option will present itself to run and that instinct will take over, but most of the time passing will be the better option.

You never see Thurston running the ball for the sake of it like Pearce and Brooks, he ball plays into the line and only runs if the opportunity presents. There can be games where Thurston doesn't get tackled, does that mean he didn't run enough? No way. I bet he landed on his back plenty of times without the ball because he dug into the line deep before passing.

Just go to the line with running options around you, thats all Brooks has to do in regards to running.
Thurston always has somebody pushing up in support which gives him an option. Brooks didn't have that all the time
I think thats my point
Sorry mate. Saturday arvo plus beerpaint
Lol. Enjoy
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS