Brooks given keys to Tigers' NRL kingdom

willow

Re: Brooks given keys to Tigers' NRL kingdom

Post by willow » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 4:27 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 2:20 pm
I notice from some of the training pics I have seen and especially from the Cairns ones, that Brooks looks lighter than last year, maybe training better
Word on the street is that he is a lot fitter than last year.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:59 pm

I like Luke Brooks.

This season he finally has everything a half back at a decent club has.
Its an opinion!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:30 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:59 pm
I like Luke Brooks.

I think most people on here like Brooks as well. We just haven't seen the best of him. Just little glimpses. Hopefully this year, with a genuine 5/8 next to him and a decent forward pack, the right preseason training, we see his best.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:38 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:30 pm
The Patriot wrote:
I like Luke Brooks.

I think most people on here like Brooks as well. We just haven't seen the best of him. Just little glimpses. Hopefully this year, with a genuine 5/8 next to him and a decent forward pack, the right preseason training, we see his best.

The decent forward pack should be the thing. That and a more traditional half back role.

I think he'lll run more this year. Take on the line.
Its an opinion!

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 9:26 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:38 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
I like Luke Brooks.

The decent forward pack should be the thing. That and a more traditional half back role.

That’s his strength, he’s not an organiser.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 9:38 pm

From what I've seen of Brody Croft (which is one game) he's a better 7 than Brooks already.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 9:50 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
I like Luke Brooks.

I think he literally needs to be told that he news to take the line on x amount of times a game. Give him a measurable goal until it becomes second nature.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:19 pm

TIGER wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 9:38 pm
From what I've seen of Brody Croft (which is one game) he's a better 7 than Brooks already.
Brooks would be a better 7 if he was playing for Melbourne as well.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 11:07 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 9:50 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
I like Luke Brooks.

I think he literally needs to be told that he news to take the line on x amount of times a game. Give him a measurable goal until it becomes second nature.
See this is where i stick up for him.

It is already in his nature.

The previous coach wanted him to sit on one side of the field and set up out the back balls for Tedesco.

This coach wants him to play both sides and take control. Its the classic case of coaching to the players strength.
Its an opinion!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 11:13 pm

gallagher wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
I like Luke Brooks.

it doesn't work like that.
taking on the line is playing what you see.
ad.lib.
structured randomness doesnt exist

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 11:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 11:13 pm
gallagher wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

ad.lib.
Yeah true Ink , you may have a planned early take on the line to try and put the defence on the back foot to create space and time for the ball runners , but if you are a running half you play what you see ...its instinctive , something may happen the play before ...injured defender , players loses his footing , interchange etc

Brooks doesn't realize how good his running game could be in my opinion , he'd have to be the quickest at the WT's over 10 metres , just doesn't back himself at speed or when we are on the front foot enough

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 11:24 pm

Hopefully his hamstrings hold up for a full season
:sign:

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 11:58 pm

I hate these articles, wish they would just shut up and take pressure off him.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 6:11 am

Given his performances last season he shouldn’t be given the keys to anything. Talk Is cheap and it’s the performance on the field that counts. Play like a leader and you can have the keys, don’t and bye, bye.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 6:41 am

People keep crticising his performance last year but he was in and out of the team with injury and when he csme back withput Moses abd with Clearys game plan he played really good footy from the Knights game onwards. He will have a break out season imo

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 9:04 am

TIGER wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 9:38 pm
Watch closer!
Sure Brodie Croft is an exceptional young talent. But look at the ‘team’ around him and I do not mean the superstar players. Everyone of his plays (try, try assists) in that game came from players in motion. Melbourne are just an incredibly structured team.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 9:45 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 6:41 am
People keep crticising his performance last year but he was in and out of the team with injury and when he csme back withput Moses abd with Clearys game plan he played really good footy from the Knights game onwards. He will have a break out season imo
Boonboon2,I have stated before that Brooks has got everything in his favour this year,he has the opportunity to be a real NRL playmaker with good players in the forwards and good players along side of him..the pressure is on him to take control of this team and guide them around the park confidently....Ivan has stated that it is Lukes team...now he has to stand up and deliver or stand down...He is the only one who can verify the hype that he has been touted with,obviously he must have potential for such hype,now is the time to produce what all have been saying for years,he has had plenty of NRL experience now...I hope he does have a great year,because if he does the team will do very well this season....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:24 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 11:13 pm
gallagher wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

ad.lib.
I dont mean for this to be a long term tactic. Its just a strategy to force him to run again. He seems reluctant to play what's in front of him and if he's not given a measurable goal to meet he'll never take that step.
He hasn't run for years, how do you get him started again?