Wests Tigers name five co-captains

colmcd

Re: Wests Tigers name five co-captains

Post by colmcd » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:45 pm

Bee-Em wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 12:43 pm
The way I see it, if it works, why the hell not? I'm sure (or hope) things will be clearer 6-8 rounds into the comp, and someone will stand up.

If we score more points than the other team on a regular basis, then it'll be a sound decision. Couldn't be any worse than the last couple of years!

Interesting that Benji was thrown in the mix, must be going to get plenty of game time.

Looking forward to the year, getting good vibes..
It worked well for Souths. I think people forget this, it isn't indecision it's something that has been tried before and works.

What I like about it, it pushes people to be owners. Taylor, Packer and Lawrence can own upfront. If we are not making an impact you will see these players step up.

The real question is why is Benji Captain. I think the answer is he is putting in at training and showing himself to be a natural leader. You see Reynolds and Benji being chosen as Captains.... I think we will probably see Benji pushing Brooks to the bench spot and he will start to own WT again (remember he used to captain NZ when not playing for WT! Robbie Farah just out-energized him). Yes, it will be a problem for Brooks, but the more I think about it the more i am seeing Brooks on the bench.

All of this is great news. Will it create confusion, sure the telegraph won't know who's going to be there to ask their stupid questions too.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:00 pm

Didn't work well for Souff's at all..they scraped it..

I think I'll wait to see how it pans out on game days...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:28 pm

I think on game day it will end up with JR especially if he has a good manor with the referees . He's the only assured 80minute player barring injury.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:16 pm

Are the rest of the squad that are not captains, "the Tenille's"?

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:33 pm

colmcd wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:45 pm
Bee-Em wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 12:43 pm
The way I see it, if it works, why the hell not? I'm sure (or hope) things will be clearer 6-8 rounds into the comp, and someone will stand up.

If we score more points than the other team on a regular basis, then it'll be a sound decision. Couldn't be any worse than the last couple of years!

Interesting that Benji was thrown in the mix, must be going to get plenty of game time.

Looking forward to the year, getting good vibes..
It worked well for Souths. I think people forget this, it isn't indecision it's something that has been tried before and works.

What I like about it, it pushes people to be owners. Taylor, Packer and Lawrence can own upfront. If we are not making an impact you will see these players step up.

The real question is why is Benji Captain. I think the answer is he is putting in at training and showing himself to be a natural leader. You see Reynolds and Benji being chosen as Captains.... I think we will probably see Benji pushing Brooks to the bench spot and he will start to own WT again (remember he used to captain NZ when not playing for WT! Robbie Farah just out-energized him). Yes, it will be a problem for Brooks, but the more I think about it the more i am seeing Brooks on the bench.

All of this is great news. Will it create confusion, sure the telegraph won't know who's going to be there to ask their stupid questions too.
Brooks will not end up on the bench, it doesn't matter how much you wish it! :?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:51 pm

The leader on the field needs to be Brooks, otherwise he's just a passenger. I dont really care who talks to the ref.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:59 pm

Just found an article that must have inspired Ivan

Huskers Name Five Captains for 2017 Season

By NU Athletic Communications

| 08/26/2017

The Nebraska football program named five team captains on Saturday afternoon with the 2017 season opener one week away. The five captains were selected by a vote of their team mates

Interesting

yeti

Post by yeti » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:30 pm

I'm not prepared to 'bag' it until I see it in action.
I'm sure if it's not working, Ivan will be flexible enough to change it.
They're big boys, I'm sure they will sort out the on field duties.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:52 pm

yeti wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:30 pm
I'm not prepared to 'bag' it until I see it in action.
I'm sure if it's not working, Ivan will be flexible enough to change it.
They're big boys, I'm sure they will sort out the on field duties.
Exactly! - Well said Yeti.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:26 pm

I Dunno how were expected to see if it works or not....i doubt it will.have any impact on our footy.
Imo it just smacks of indecision...but if we're winning I couldn't give a crap if we have 17 (C)s

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:01 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:27 pm
I thought Souff's tried this...

Anyhow it was good to see Oprha at the announcement...

27750714_1418468211609554_3505678824676273147_n.jpg
:roll
Classic.