Trial Match v Cronulla Sharks *LIVE Thread

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21027
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Trial Match v Cronulla Sharks *LIVE Thread

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:13 pm

Try being a Panthers supporter. If it’s not bad enough their entire roster is walking out, now they are getting beat by a reserve grade Dogs side at full strength.


will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am

Post by will1999 » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:19 pm

I hope we don't get smashed by the Roosters like usual

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4348
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:27 pm

Snake wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:49 pm
Snake wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:44 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:28 pm


Your assumption is wrong former.....Brooks was poor regardless of his forwards....same old rubbish
Brooks is on life support , he has no idea and is not good enough for this level if Cleary is serious Brooks will be playing ISP within 4 weeks of the season starting.

What if he's not..What will that say about Cleary..?
If he isn’t there is no one to replace him ...it is really time to get serious with Brooks he has had long enough surely time is up .
No he hasn't and it isn't! The season hasn't started yet.

This is probably a first is it?

i.e. The knives being out before one kick off.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 643
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:41 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:06 pm
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 8:56 pm
Lawrence has again shown that he is a 'has been' (for last 5-6 years and counting :(), Sue, Chee-Kam, Taylor and Aloiai and even Rochow are much better option.
Or will it be, he must be in the team because he is the best captain ? (like Mark Taylor, at the end of his carrier) :bash
Don't let dislike or stubbornness get in the way of good judgement mate.
I agree Russell with stubbornness
A little post I made last week and your response

Interesting to note that when Thompson was at the back Cowboys didn't score and Thompson was doing a lot of talk
Saw a write up about this today saying how well the team had done with Thompson at the back
Obviously Ivan has the same idea and just wants to confirm this on the weekend against the sharks
Fullback is now Thompson's position to loose
I still think Tui will go back in the halves and it may be with Reynolds if Brooks doesn't preform
Russell

Don't think so mate, he's just keeping the position warm for Tui (whilst he sorts out his chatter from the back
).
Change you mind yet ?

Players performing best in their positions should be given first chance
We all have our ideas on who should start in the 1st round
Lest hope Ivan picks the best team based on form
In saying that I would still include Taylor and Twal

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 643
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:46 pm

Not picking on you Russell and sorry if it seems so

We should all put our emotions aside when selecting a team
I chose Corey Thompson at fullback because I thought he played far better than Tui at fullback in the cairns Trial
It seems he went really well against the sharks as well
I hope he pushes Tui all the way


User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5140
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:48 pm

will1999 wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:19 pm
I hope we don't get smashed by the Roosters like usual
We have to win one soon, surely. I cant take another gob full from my rorters mate! Please football gods, I promise I will be good!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4348
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:54 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:41 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:06 pm
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 8:56 pm
Lawrence has again shown that he is a 'has been' (for last 5-6 years and counting :(), Sue, Chee-Kam, Taylor and Aloiai and even Rochow are much better option.
Or will it be, he must be in the team because he is the best captain ? (like Mark Taylor, at the end of his carrier) :bash
Don't let dislike or stubbornness get in the way of good judgement mate.
I agree Russell with stubbornness
A little post I made last week and your response

Interesting to note that when Thompson was at the back Cowboys didn't score and Thompson was doing a lot of talk
Saw a write up about this today saying how well the team had done with Thompson at the back
Obviously Ivan has the same idea and just wants to confirm this on the weekend against the sharks
Fullback is now Thompson's position to loose
I still think Tui will go back in the halves and it may be with Reynolds if Brooks doesn't preform
Russell

Don't think so mate, he's just keeping the position warm for Tui (whilst he sorts out his chatter from the back
).
Change you mind yet ?

Players performing best in their positions should be given first chance
We all have our ideas on who should start in the 1st round
Lest hope Ivan picks the best team based on form
In saying that I would still include Taylor and Twal
Thompson had a reasonable game tonight - happy to admit.

I said he was keeping the position warm - still say it, there is more to the season than round 1.

It would be a shame if Tui goes back to the halves, means we waste 750k in ISP and play an inferior FB.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:29 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:54 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:41 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:06 pm
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 8:56 pm
Lawrence has again shown that he is a 'has been' (for last 5-6 years and counting :(), Sue, Chee-Kam, Taylor and Aloiai and even Rochow are much better option.
Or will it be, he must be in the team because he is the best captain ? (like Mark Taylor, at the end of his carrier) :bash
Don't let dislike or stubbornness get in the way of good judgement mate.
I agree Russell with stubbornness
A little post I made last week and your response

Interesting to note that when Thompson was at the back Cowboys didn't score and Thompson was doing a lot of talk
Saw a write up about this today saying how well the team had done with Thompson at the back
Obviously Ivan has the same idea and just wants to confirm this on the weekend against the sharks
Fullback is now Thompson's position to loose
I still think Tui will go back in the halves and it may be with Reynolds if Brooks doesn't preform
Russell

Don't think so mate, he's just keeping the position warm for Tui (whilst he sorts out his chatter from the back
).
Change you mind yet ?

Players performing best in their positions should be given first chance
We all have our ideas on who should start in the 1st round
Lest hope Ivan picks the best team based on form
In saying that I would still include Taylor and Twal
Thompson had a reasonable game tonight - happy to admit.

I said he was keeping the position warm - still say it, there is more to the season than round 1.

It would be a shame if Tui goes back to the halves, means we waste 750k in ISP and play an inferior FB.
Its a sham. Tui and benji arguably better 6 than reynolds.

7 not looking the goods.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:48 am

supercoach wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:24 pm
Just back from the game, hard to be upbeat about this season. Lack of pace and lack of skill are two things that come to mind. They actually defended pretty well, but line breaks will be few and far in between.

Early in the second half we had two sets and in those two sets the no7 touched the ball once, No other team in the comp would have a no7 that hardly handles the ball.

Iam not sure how we can possibly score 20 plus points a game
Well maybe the penny has dropped why give it to the 7 he does not know what to do with it anyway ,
Yes the attacking raids were forwards hit up 5 then to Brooks for a crap kick over and over :deadhorse:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27862
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 1:17 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:48 am
supercoach wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:24 pm
Just back from the game, hard to be upbeat about this season. Lack of pace and lack of skill are two things that come to mind. They actually defended pretty well, but line breaks will be few and far in between.

Early in the second half we had two sets and in those two sets the no7 touched the ball once, No other team in the comp would have a no7 that hardly handles the ball.

Iam not sure how we can possibly score 20 plus points a game
Well maybe the penny has dropped why give it to the 7 he does not know what to do with it anyway ,
Yes the attacking raids were forwards hit up 5 then to Brooks for a crap kick over and over :deadhorse:

That doesn't sound like an Ivan Cleary game plan..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Post Reply