Trial Match v Cronulla Sharks *LIVE Thread

Snake

Re: Trial Match v Cronulla Sharks *LIVE Thread

Post by Snake » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:03 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:44 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:35 pm
IT'S ONLY A TRIAL GAME!!!! IT DOESN"T MEAN ANYTHING!!!

2016 trial game: Wests Tigers draw with Sharks. Sharks win the Grand Final. Tigers 9th.
2017 trial game: Tigers beat the Cowboys. Cowboys make the Grand final. Tigers 15th.

It doesn't mean anything.
Yes I agree , but our attitude sucked

Don't care if it is a GF or a trial , be mentally right and show up and show 110%

I don't expect us to win every game , but I ask one thing , attitude and effort

Forget the performance .....
It is a trial but with the coach having a full off season heaps of new faces my expectation was things might have been a bit different and a bit closer ...who cares if you win a trial but one thinks you should be a lot further along than what was on show tonight a lot of work to do before round 1.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:04 pm

Snake wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:56 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:49 pm
I wouldn’t Judge the halves in trials. NRL teams don’t ever play to their structures in the trials absolutely never. Coaches are not dumb enough to give away their shapes before round 1. I don’t want to give away our plays in the offseason so we can feel good about they year ahead.
Flanagan must be dumb then!
I don't know if Tyga is right, but the sharks structure hasn't changed in years so they haven't got much to hide!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:09 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:35 pm
IT'S ONLY A TRIAL GAME!!!! IT DOESN"T MEAN ANYTHING!!!

2016 trial game: Wests Tigers draw with Sharks. Sharks win the Grand Final. Tigers 9th.
2017 trial game: Tigers beat the Cowboys. Cowboys make the Grand final. Tigers 15th.

It doesn't mean anything.
We lost to the Cows, but I see your point.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:10 pm

Be interesting to see what Cleary thinks of our performance tonight .....

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:10 pm
Well he can't get anymore grey
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:14 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:01 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 8:58 pm
Also does packer look bit of the pace to anyone
I remember his good form at drags but sine world cup havent seen it lately
i noticed it last year at the goons,he was ordinary as he was tonight.
He was very ordinary at the Dragons, couldn't get a starting spot and played little minutes. He did have a better World Cup, but for the most part the opposition was not NRL standard. I hope he improves as the season progresses.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:17 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:13 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:10 pm
Well he can't get anymore grey
What about the giant bruise on his forehead

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:24 pm

Just back from the game, hard to be upbeat about this season. Lack of pace and lack of skill are two things that come to mind. They actually defended pretty well, but line breaks will be few and far in between.

Early in the second half we had two sets and in those two sets the no7 touched the ball once, No other team in the comp would have a no7 that hardly handles the ball.

Iam not sure how we can possibly score 20 plus points a game

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:25 pm

My take on it . . . . . Packer's first 3 runs were from a standing start, Didn't run on to the ball, and it didn't really improve throughout the game.
I thought Rochow has played solidly in both games.
Mats had a couple of errors in him tonight, but made a lot of good carries and some crunching tackles.
After just 15 minutes, our entire forward pack were gassed and more than once took far too long to get back in our line from a sharks 5th tackle kick.
One positive for Brooks is the metres he's getting on kicks for touch.
I thought Rowdy at least had a go for the time he was on the field.
Thought Marsters was quiet.
Tui and Tyson didn't get enough time on the field to make a difference, Gamble made one really nice ball and all tackle.
Reynolds . . . . yes, he needs to temper his enthusiasm. I think he has got ABCD.
And Thompson has surprised us all !
Whatuira was sitting a few rows in front of me, and looked fit and mean enough to run on.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:30 pm

Snake wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:56 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:49 pm
I wouldn’t Judge the halves in trials. NRL teams don’t ever play to their structures in the trials absolutely never. Coaches are not dumb enough to give away their shapes before round 1. I don’t want to give away our plays in the offseason so we can feel good about they year ahead.
Flanagan must be dumb then!
No he has a mature squad that knows how to play together without much structure. We are not there yet.

We may struggle anyway but everyone beating up trial games for how the season will pan out is futile.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:41 pm

Sharks and Melbourne get away with so much in the ruck it's ridiculous.

Godinet looked sharp at dummy half he has to be a serious consideration to get us on the front foot.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:46 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:24 pm
Just back from the game, hard to be upbeat about this season. Lack of pace and lack of skill are two things that come to mind. They actually defended pretty well, but line breaks will be few and far in between.

Early in the second half we had two sets and in those two sets the no7 touched the ball once, No other team in the comp would have a no7 that hardly handles the ball.

Yes it’s always the case with Luke ..... he just doesn’t demand the ball. Also I’d like him to kick ALL his grubbers with his right boot.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:51 pm

Fonua was gassed 5 minutes after he came on. Every moment he was able to stand still, he was hunched over, almost passing out.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:52 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 8:56 pm
Lawrence has again shown that he is a 'has been' (for last 5-6 years and counting :(), Sue, Chee-Kam, Taylor and Aloiai and even Rochow are much better option.
Or will it be, he must be in the team because he is the best captain ? (like Mark Taylor, at the end of his carrier) :bash
Sorry but I absolutely disagree. Lawrence was everywhere in defence. He had a very solid game from where I was sitting

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:51 pm
Fonua was gassed 5 minutes after he came on. Every moment he was able to stand still, he was hunched over, almost passing out.
There's no way Fonua should be starting. I'd pick Tui at fullback and Thompson on the wing.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:03 pm

The star of the team is the team.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:08 pm

Go You Good Things wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:25 pm
My take on it . . . . . Packer's first 3 runs were from a standing start, Didn't run on to the ball, and it didn't really improve throughout the game.
I thought Rochow has played solidly in both games.
Mats had a couple of errors in him tonight, but made a lot of good carries and some crunching tackles.
After just 15 minutes, our entire forward pack were gassed and more than once took far too long to get back in our line from a sharks 5th tackle kick.
One positive for Brooks is the metres he's getting on kicks for touch.
I thought Rowdy at least had a go for the time he was on the field.
Thought Marsters was quiet.
Tui and Tyson didn't get enough time on the field to make a difference, Gamble made one really nice ball and all tackle.
Reynolds . . . . yes, he needs to temper his enthusiasm. I think he has got ABCD.
And Thompson has surprised us all !
Whatuira was sitting a few rows in front of me, and looked fit and mean enough to run on.

Our 'second string' forward pack from last week performed better and didn't run out of puff at all in the Cairns heat! Maybe we should stick with them and forget Packer, Matulino & McQueen. How in God's name could they be gassed so early? Don't all these guys train together?

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:12 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:46 pm
supercoach wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:24 pm

Yes it’s always the case with Luke ..... he just doesn’t demand the ball. Also I’d like him to kick ALL his grubbers with his right boot.
Doesn't demand the ball, doesn't organise, doesn't talk much on the field at all! Time's up Luke.