Seen enough

Red88 Tiger

Re: Seen enough

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 8:54 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 8:14 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 8:04 pm
Gamble seems to have what Brooks lacks......football sense....

Time for the overhyped playmaker to produce or pack up...I have given him plenty of leeway since his debut.....time to stop pandering and let him start paying back....
Never a truer statement this is the difference between a player with talent and a player that stands out ...Brooks can NOT read a game and for a half back this is the key . It is now or never for Brooks the free ride is over !
I think brooks has been over coached in his time also harming his confidence. Seemed to have more football sense when he first cracked 1st grade

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 6:13 pm
Imagine the carry on if we come out and beat the Roosters. We’ll suddenly be top 4 contenders again. This forum has bipolar.
GNR - how right you are and we have yet to play one Competition game.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:52 pm

Its like a self defence mechanism, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
You cant blame supporters for being sceptical we are all still here without much to cheer about for a long time.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm

Poor Tyson, his treatment on this forum is reprehensible. I should not have said a word. Let's see how other clubs treat their talent ... they are welcome and nutured. And by the way they are all Queenslanders

1. Kalyn Ponga (19) - Knights
2. Brodie Croft (20) - Storm
3. Murray Taulagi (18) - Cowboys

We bring in a talented player and the knives are out on day one. The comments that I have read are appalling and I can see why we do not attract talent. Or if they do come they quickly run.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:59 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm
Poor Tyson, his treatment on this forum is reprehensible. I should not have said a word. Let's see how other clubs treat their talent ... they are welcome and nutured. And by the way they are all Queenslanders

We bring in a talented player and the knives are out on day one. The comments that I have read are appalling and I can see why we do not attract talent. Or if they do come they quickly run.
LOL....youre serious?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:01 pm

FreddyK wrote:

I see we have an early contender for strange overreaction of the year...

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:47 pm

FreddyK wrote:

Haven't seen a single person bag him. Just a few suggestions that we not get over-excited.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:50 pm

As Geo said - Newtown jets didn't have much trouble containing him.

Needs a bit of time in ISP I'd say before bringing out the brass band.

Tiger_Pete

Post by Tiger_Pete » Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:22 pm

FreddyK wrote:

Mrs Gamble?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:30 am

Kid has some obvious talent , just needs to bide his time

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 5:48 am

FreddyK wrote:

Relax his chance will come if he is good enough.I have yet to see a single comment rubbishing him.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:56 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 8:40 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 8:22 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 7:36 pm
Fingers crossed if Gamble gets a shot, it will be early in the season, so when he fails people will stop whinging. Idk if i can handle a whole season of calls for a kid whose played one half of a trial. It’s giving the John Grant hype a run for its money.
And I don't know if I can handle a whole season of excuses for a player with over 80 NRL games under his belt, good to see you wrote the kid off already though.
Not writing him off, but I’m also not claiming he’s a savour.
Funny, certainly sounds like you’re writing him off when you assume he will fail.
If anything I hope he comes good... and fast.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:56 am

Gamble looks the most dangerous player on the field against Newtown.

Has a real presence.

He only played the first half.

Geo's comments arent really accurate. He didnt struggle and Newton weren't too good for him.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:01 am

cktiger wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:56 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fingers crossed if Gamble gets a shot, it will be early in the season, so when he fails people will stop whinging. Idk if i can handle a whole season of calls for a kid whose played one half of a trial. It’s giving the John Grant hype a run for its money.
And I don't know if I can handle a whole season of excuses for a player with over 80 NRL games under his belt, good to see you wrote the kid off already though.
Funny, certainly sounds like you’re writing him off when you assume he will fail.
Yeah he is definitely writing him off. He was
also one of the chief knockers in the Gamble signing thread. Like others they won't talk up a player from the qld cup until he then goes and proves himself again in a nsw cup.

Can't wait till he gets his chance. So much egg so little face
Its an opinion!

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:06 am

The biggest favour Gamble could do for himself, is to spend his spare time in goal kicking practice. If he can kick goals, he's in.
"Quality Stupidity"

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:12 am

cktiger wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:56 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yeah he is definitely writing him off. He was
also one of the chief knockers in the Gamble signing thread. It's almost like they won't talk up a player from the qld cup until he goes and proves himself again in a nsw cup.
Its an opinion!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:45 am

Nice to have a player of the talent of Gamble pushing for selection.

Pretty obvious the player we miss most is Liddle. I watched him against the Sharks last year and he is a big moment/game player. I remember him scoring but more importantly he saved two tries against the Sharks because he has the smarts to be the right place when needed..

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:45 am

FreddyK wrote:

Are you suggesting the kid is reading the fans forums already?

If he is, I surely hope his family and mentors steer him away from reading social media feedback ASAP or he may end up like Suli!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017