This team has forgotten how to play football.

TIGER

This team has forgotten how to play football.

Post by TIGER » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:53 pm

What i mean by that is, they always look like they're setting up for the next play.

Instead of pushing up in support and pushing into holes and playing, they're sitting back waiting to position themselves for the next play.
Especially when we get on the front foot and someone makes inroads, a few times Matulino and Grant both had good carries after a quick ptb and we got rolling but there was no support anywhere.
This isn't NFL, where every play is setup!!!

We need 3 4 and 5 players each side of the ball carrier all pushing up whenever we get on the front foot, the good sides are good at this part of the game.

Once again i understand this was a trial but it's just not happening, it didn't happen last season either, Teddy was probably one of the few to do it now he's gone.
It's drilled into kids from 6 yrs old to support the ball carrier yet professionals seem to forget it.

Watch the Cowboys expliot teams by getting on the back of a strong carry, it's not only the ball carrier you have to defend it's the 5 guys running off him all attacking you, it makes it extremely difficult to defend, the guys off the ball take so much pressure off the ball carrier and also become options left and right.
The Qld SOO team are also very good at this.

Brooks still isn't controlling this team and I'm pretty sure he hasn't got it in him to.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm

What happened to taking the penalty kick straight away and discussing what we are going to do when we run up to take the tap ??

Keep the game flowing and put physical pressure on the opposition and keep the opposition mentally and physically on the back foot

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:28 pm

This is fair criticism.
We marched upfield ok at the end of last year, but looked lost in the opposition 20. Same thing looks possible to start the season,

It would be ok if we could limit the opposition to 3 tries or less, but we regularly concede that in 20 minutes before getting back on track.

Having said that we really have to wait and see, jag a couple of wins before round 6 and I think we will be looking ok.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
What happened to taking the penalty kick straight away and discussing what we are going to do when we run up to take the tap ??

Keep the game flowing and put physical pressure on the opposition and keep the opposition mentally and physically on the back foot
I noticed that too, Brooks seems to stop and have a mothers meeting before kicking.
The opposition must love having a breather and getting set.
I must admit, the anticipation gets me a bit excited, im always waiting to see how the next set is setup, and waiting for some cool play to finish it off, that usually ends when Brooks kicks the ball dead, or too deep and the fullback eats it easily on the full in goal or someone knocks on at dummy half/loses the ball trying to play it/doesn't play it correctly/ Forward pass from dummy half to Brooks at first reciever /insert any number of stuff ups that we seem really good at.

We still look like we don't know what to do when we get down into attacking position.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:29 pm

Its called Confidence in attack which the tigers dont have starting with the half !

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 24 Feb, 2018 11:32 pm

I take it that we lost?!