The Patriot

Re: Tiger Thompson trumps Lolohea for fullback spot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 4:06 pm

Strange question....

has Thompson ever played any hooker.
Its an opinion!

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 4:36 pm

Im a fan of Lolohea and REALLY want him to make good this year.....BUT.....

Last year he was flat out fat. No other word for it. We heard a lot from him that he wanted to cement a first grade position, reach his potential etc etc etc. Cheap easy words. For mine the first test for Lolohea was to me how he presented himself fitness wise for these trials. Whilst he isnt as fat as last year, he is still not in good condition and for a first grade footballer and professional athlete, that is simply not good enough, ESPECIALLY when you are trying to cement a position in first grade blah blah blah. His fitness screams much louder than his words.

Im really disappointed but he has had it in his own hands.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 4:41 pm

Glennb wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 4:36 pm

Last year he was flat out fat. No other word for it. We heard a lot from him that he wanted to cement a first grade position, reach his potential etc etc etc. Cheap easy words. For mine the first test for Lolohea was to me how he presented himself fitness wise for these trials. Whilst he isnt as fat as last year, he is still not in good condition and for a first grade footballer and professional athlete, that is simply not good enough, ESPECIALLY when you are trying to cement a position in first grade blah blah blah. His fitness screams much louder than his words.

If he ain't as fat as last year then he is by definition fitter...

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 5:47 pm

Cleary might be thinking of Thompson and Tui sharinf the fullback position like Mini and RTS did a few years ago.
I though Tui looked our most dangerous player late last year, esp in the opposition 20. I'd hate to see him in reserve grade,

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 5:54 pm

If we're going to beat the Roosters, it will be done through our forwards
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji.

TSupps05

Post by TSupps05 » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:04 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 5:47 pm
Cleary might be thinking of Thompson and Tui sharing the fullback position like Mini and RTS did a few years ago.
I though Tui looked our most dangerous player late last year, esp in the opposition 20. I'd hate to see him in reserve grade,
Tui i think is our strike weapon, he is the guy who can add a little spark, even if he was a little fat the some of the tries he set up were abnormal but we need that. I would like to see Thompson on the wing and Tui at fullback they can rotate when attacking/defending.
Ohh Stop it Tui :master:

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:41 pm

TSupps05 wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:04 pm
gallagher wrote:
Cleary might be thinking of Thompson and Tui sharing the fullback position like Mini and RTS did a few years ago.
Tui i think is our strike weapon, he is the guy who can add a little spark, even if he was a little fat the some of the tries he set up were abnormal but we need that. I would like to see Thompson on the wing and Tui at fullback they can rotate when attacking/defending.
Gives us a goalkicker aswell.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 7:44 am

tigerap wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 4:41 pm
Glennb wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 4:36 pm

If he ain't as fat as last year then he is by definition fitter...
Possibly, but still not fit. He is still overweight which to me (and it seems Ivan as well) says that he hasnt put the time in and to me as a massive Tui fan, is very disappointing. Could be a bit like Suli going to Bulldogs, dogs fans are excited but Tigers fans know why he isnt still here, Warriors fans have been saying the same things about Tui.

I really hope he can find the discipline required to not only become a regular first grader but to realise the potential he clearly has.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 8:04 am

TSupps05 wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:04 pm
gallagher wrote:
I think this could be the answer

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 9:39 am

Why do we have all these strenghth/conditioning/fitness trainers and wtf have they been doing?

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 9:47 am

This is a problem for the coach .. he now has to put Thompson to fullback which leaves the edges thin on defence , Tui has caused this problem and needs to get the finger out and get fit , I do not see the Tigers beating anyone with the centres and wing that was there on Saturday night.,... it will be try time every time the opposition passes 3 off the ruck this is a real problem

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 9:47 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 9:39 am
Why do we have all these strenghth/conditioning/fitness trainers and wtf have they been doing?
You can lead a horse to water!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:01 am

How do we know it's his fitness? No one at the club had said that.
If its insider knowledge then how come the insider knowledge didnt have previous knowledge of him being dropped?

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:07 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 9:39 am
Spot on. I thought RP was the return of the Messiah.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:58 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:01 am
If its insider knowledge then how come the insider knowledge didnt have previous knowledge of him being dropped?
I dont...just going by what everyone else is saying...dont know what else it could be.
Discipline?
Doubt it.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 1:02 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 12:58 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:01 am
I dont...just going by what everyone else is saying...dont know what else it could be.
Discipline?
Doubt it.
Or maybe it was a deliberate act by Ivan to get Tui to work on the things he wants him too,while checking out Thompson and others in the fg side,just a guess....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 1:04 pm

Wasn't Tui one of the last to come to preseason training because of the world cup, maybe his discipline wasn't that great during those big Tongan parties

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 1:07 pm

Its a tough start to the season, I would prefer Tui and see what he has. Have Thompson on wing just in case..