Where are all the fair weather fans.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Where are all the fair weather fans.

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:30 am

So what the OP is asking people to either post what he wants to hear , wants people to lie about what they think or not post at all

We played 1000% better than our last trial game and have improved our defence out of sight

We are struggling to put points on the board , but if we defend like that every week we won't need to score too many points

Getting back to yesterday , I can't remember seeing this too often but Twal must have been called offside when Ferguson made that big break in the 2nd half

Can't believe he let him past


Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:58 am

cqtiger wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:57 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:52 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:50 am
I think some dont really understand what a fairweather fan is
Definitely no one who spends years talking on this forum.
The long termers on here are rusted on.
Talking on a forum doesn't really mean anything. Many of the most diehard supporters I know aren't on this forum.

ancient magpie
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon 06 Mar, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by ancient magpie » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:28 pm

Why does Ivan keep picking Kev he does nothing but make mistakes .What about that pass .Id rather have Milne or Fonua Also Gamble is going to be a star I hope they sign him up quick but we will probably lose him like Addo Carr etc

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22149
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:33 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:58 am
cqtiger wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:57 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:52 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:50 am
I think some dont really understand what a fairweather fan is
Definitely no one who spends years talking on this forum.
The long termers on here are rusted on.
Talking on a forum doesn't really mean anything. Many of the most diehard supporters I know aren't on this forum.
Why would someone waste their time for years talking on here, years where we’ve done diddly squat mind you, if they didn’t have an emotional investment?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22149
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:34 pm

ancient magpie wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:28 pm
Why does Ivan keep picking Kev he does nothing but make mistakes .What about that pass .Id rather have Milne or Fonua Also Gamble is going to be a star I hope they sign him up quick but we will probably lose him like Addo Carr etc
So we need to extend his contract already, a week into a 3 year deal?


User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2935
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:35 pm

Hooper saying how much he loves the tigers on MMM :bash

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3151
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:30 am
So what the OP is asking people to either post what he wants to hear , wants people to lie about what they think or not post at all

We played 1000% better than our last trial game and have improved our defence out of sight

We are struggling to put points on the board , but if we defend like that every week we won't need to score too many points

Getting back to yesterday , I can't remember seeing this too often but Twal must have been called offside when Ferguson made that big break in the 2nd half

Can't believe he let him past
You are correct. There was an offside call.

hodgo
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat 04 Sep, 2010 2:03 am

Post by hodgo » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:30 am
So what the OP is asking people to either post what he wants to hear , wants people to lie about what they think or not post at all

We played 1000% better than our last trial game and have improved our defence out of sight

We are struggling to put points on the board , but if we defend like that every week we won't need to score too many points

Getting back to yesterday , I can't remember seeing this too often but Twal must have been called offside when Ferguson made that big break in the 2nd half

Can't believe he let him past
Far from it mate what im saying is stop writing a team off before they havr even had a game especially when its your so called team. Happy for people to say we lack talent etc but for people to say we will struggle to win a game all year or rag on all our players makes me question if they are truely tigers fans or just need to b**** to make themselves feel better.

Cleary proved in the last half of the year that he had a structure and ideology that would work with the right cattle. You and quite a few others have not given him a chance to make his stamp on the team. Instead whinging aboit every possible thing. By all means be critical but dont be afraid to drop the odd positive to change it up

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3967
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:30 am
So what the OP is asking people to either post what he wants to hear , wants people to lie about what they think or not post at all

We played 1000% better than our last trial game and have improved our defence out of sight

We are struggling to put points on the board , but if we defend like that every week we won't need to score too many points

Getting back to yesterday , I can't remember seeing this too often but Twal must have been called offside when Ferguson made that big break in the 2nd half

Can't believe he let him past
Exactly, you make the tackle regardless. Hope that he has learnt his lesson and will latch his arms on the player instead of throwing them in the air next time.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:03 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:35 pm
Hooper saying how much he loves the tigers on MMM :bash
Hooper can get fudged! Where was his support last year? All he did was stick the boot in . And before you reply that he has to be impartial- listen to Buderus’ commentary in the Knights vs Manly game - jeez!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22149
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:04 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:35 pm
Hooper saying how much he loves the tigers on MMM :bash
Disgusting excuse for a human being.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 12:05 am

hodgo wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:30 am
So what the OP is asking people to either post what he wants to hear , wants people to lie about what they think or not post at all

We played 1000% better than our last trial game and have improved our defence out of sight

We are struggling to put points on the board , but if we defend like that every week we won't need to score too many points

Getting back to yesterday , I can't remember seeing this too often but Twal must have been called offside when Ferguson made that big break in the 2nd half

Can't believe he let him past
Far from it mate what im saying is stop writing a team off before they havr even had a game especially when its your so called team. Happy for people to say we lack talent etc but for people to say we will struggle to win a game all year or rag on all our players makes me question if they are truely tigers fans or just need to b**** to make themselves feel better.

Cleary proved in the last half of the year that he had a structure and ideology that would work with the right cattle. You and quite a few others have not given him a chance to make his stamp on the team. Instead whinging aboit every possible thing. By all means be critical but dont be afraid to drop the odd positive to change it up
Just remember many of us have been involved with either Wests, Balmain or the WT's and have followed these clubs for 40 years plus and have seen our club almost become extinct

The club I supported for 20 years and eventually played for 3 years in Brisbane is extinct

We are heading in the right direction , but we have taken so many detours off the right path in all those years

Are we heading towards a revival , yes I hope and pray every day we are , but like so many more we have been burnt

I'll leave it at that , but you don't support a club like Wests or the Wt's for that amount of time if you don't love your club , we just yearn success not for us but our kids .

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 12:13 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:03 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:35 pm
Hooper saying how much he loves the tigers on MMM :bash
Hooper can get fudged! Where was his support last year? All he did was stick the boot in . And before you reply that he has to be impartial- listen to Buderus’ commentary in the Knights vs Manly game - jeez!!
Exactly. He was right up the big three's backside all year. He can go be a dog, a foghorn or a slimey fart.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29179
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:37 am

I bought my Grand Final tickets on the back of victory ...

Is the WCC in Australia or England next year...cause the earlier you book the cheaper the flights..

Go Wests Tigers
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 4541
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:00 am

Post by Chris » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 5:41 am

Im happy to start forming a judgement about round 6 or 7. By then we'll have a clearer understanding on how they have gelled together.

BlackandGoldForever
Member
Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed 19 Mar, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 11:05 am

I am still here but I wanna see this thread at round 26.. or round 20 when we are still a chance for the top 8. because look we seem to always win round 1

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3905
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:17 am

hodgo wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 6:28 pm
What a win

The boys worked the asses off and played some great footy. to many players to mention.

But wait where are all our 'fans' that tipped we'd get a hiding.... That we didn't have enough talent.

For those that didnt write us off before round one here is your reward


Up the Tiges
X2
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7037
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:28 am

Like last week I gave us no chance for the same reasons, lack of pace, lack of goal kicker and lack of the X factor and again I stress that dosnt make me a fair weather supporter.

Anyway I was wrong again, but as another poster said I will wait till about round 8 before I start making a call on 2018. Believe it or not but its a big advantage playing the top teams early

Post Reply