Where are all the fair weather fans.

Spud Murphy

Re: Where are all the fair weather fans.

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:25 pm

I wasn't totally optimistic about our chances today. Let's face it, our record against this mob sucks big time and as far as marquee talent goes, they crap on us!

However, since our roster is very different to previous seasons, deep down I was hoping for a much improved showing if nothing else, but what we got surprised me no end!

I can totally understand people thinking we were going to get belted today - to call them 'fair weather' fans is a bit steep. If people were honest, no one could say they really knew how we were going to go or what the end result would be today, so no need to rub some supporters noses in it. Why can't we just enjoy the win together for once instead of playing 'oneupmanship' all the time?

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:28 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:25 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 6:40 pm
Yes. Good thread. All the doomsdayers and white anters on here over the the last month or so have done my head in.
I wonder if they actually enjoyed the win or we're hoping for a loss to say "I told you so". Sack this person or that. Or something about the bus.
I don’t know what’s worse... an ‘I told you so’ after a win or an ‘I told you so’ after a loss.

Personally I like to soak up the wins when they come but this is tempered by our table position at seasons end. We still have a tough month of footy ahead - I’m praying our defense gets better and better.
I wasn't having a go at those that thought we'd lose. Of course the Chooks were favourites and it was an upset win.
I was more having a go and all the negativity towards a bad Half in a trail game against the sharks.
From that moment on ( on here ) it was like we were never going to win a game all year and the spoon was ours.
You have to see the positives as well. Anyone who said anything positive about a player and club management was shouted down on here over the last few weeks. It was like all the naysayers on here had chucked the towel in before the season had started.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:35 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:30 pm
I did not give us chance, but that doesn’t make me a fair weather supporter. These posts give me the ....

I loved the win,the effort, but I call it as I see it without my WT glasses on, and I thought we were no chance, my big worry was speed and kicking game......Iam still worried
I’d agree with that, a wins a win , and grab it with both hands. But we’ve seen it all before, I’ll start getting excited when we become a team that can put it together over a few weeks

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:41 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:25 pm
I wasn't totally optimistic about our chances today. Let's face it, our record against this mob sucks big time and as far as marquee talent goes, they crap on us!

However, since our roster is very different to previous seasons, deep down I was hoping for a much improved showing if nothing else, but what we got surprised me no end!

I can totally understand people thinking we were going to get belted today - to call them 'fair weather' fans is a bit steep. If people were honest, no one could say they really knew how we were going to go or what the end result would be today, so no need to rub some supporters noses in it. Why can't we just enjoy the win together for once instead of playing 'oneupmanship' all the time?
Well said spud

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:42 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:10 pm
Was Kev really that bad apart from the misread for their try? Not great I know but hardly sack worthy. In saying that, would love for Milne to work out because he is a beast!
He has a list of prior offences in defence which would stretch all the around the Australian coast.He is a liability in the centres.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:47 pm

While Cleary is calling the shots you know you will get effort. The Chooks play are very structured game plan, so if your D is working your in with a chance. Today they hit hard in numbers and often, but Iam really worried where our points are going to come from, but I guess it’s round one and lots of new faces, so let’s wait a few weeks before getting carried away

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:23 pm

Naiqama can't be there next week. He has offered nothing for several years now

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:16 pm

I didn’t think we’d win today. Great performance by the team to come away with a win against the rorters. Plenty to improve on, but what a fantastic feeling to win so late.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:28 pm

Really fairweather fans! What a joke after what we as fans have had to endure for too long if that was the case we would have been long gone.
All our fans are entitled to be sceptical and critical after years of being let down.
I didnt give this team a chance today but hoped among hope that they beat them like I do every week.
If you want to have a crack at fairweather fans you picking on the wrong mob here.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:39 pm

There are fairweather fans that have taken off from here....some ex long termers are now storm.and souths fans....though those throwing the fairweather crack out probably havent been here.long enough to know that

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:46 am

I thought we would get a hiding, but that just made the win even better.

OzLukeH

Post by OzLukeH » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:49 am

I'm also one that didn't believe, and thank god I was wrong....we were in it too long to lose and not have it be heartbreaking.....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:50 am

I think some dont really understand what a fairweather fan is

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:52 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:50 am
Definitely no one who spends years talking on this forum.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:57 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:52 am
innsaneink wrote:
Definitely no one who spends years talking on this forum.
The long termers on here are rusted on.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

OzLukeH

Post by OzLukeH » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:01 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sharks have a lot of these......

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:03 am

Buying memberships as we speak!