innsaneink

Re: TO ALL THE KNOCKERS AND DOUBTERS

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:40 pm

851 wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:38 pm
eyewonder wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 6:55 pm
Betcha jason taylor feels crook in the gut
Jason Taylor made me feel crook in the gut, so glad he is no longer here.
And he was on the losing team with Teddy today, how freaking good is that
Did the majority of our "attack" today....and i use the term loosely...remind you of taylorball?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:41 pm

Matulino’s bone rattler on our own line was a pearler. It’s good thing Thompson is the shortest winger in the comp. It played to his advantage scoring that try.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:31 pm
Just back from the game, and yes I was one who said we had no chance and probably would get a touch up.
Great effort, they showed plenty of ticker, but I still worry where the points will come from as we roll through the season. On another positive note the reserve grade looked much the same as the first grade
I agree.
If we could.play some football we will.make it so.much easier for ourselves.
Todays type.of.footy wont be enough for the season...i hope.we.can improve and evolve.

To the OP who think some who were doubtful.are white anters....i wonder if he backed our boys at $4.00.
I did....yet i wasnt confident...maybe im.a grey anter
Felt more confident when we lost the lead and had to throw it around a little. Think the OP has got pessimism borne out of years of underachievement confused with outright hatred and vitriol towards our current squad. Spent the whole 2nd half expecting the Roosters to finish over the top of us talent-wise, at least money cant buy fortitude.
Would have loved to have seen Unca Nick and the Roosters supporters faces at fulltime.

Post by 851 » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:40 pm
851 wrote:
eyewonder wrote:
Did the majority of our "attack" today....and i use the term loosely...remind you of taylorball?
It wasnt 5 tackles bomb, but it sucked, and Brooks did us no favours, but our D was great.
Go hard or go home

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:03 pm

It looked a lot like 5 one out hit ups and kick to.me...we need.to do much more with the ball..wont be too many more 2-0 half time scorelines this year..

Post by 851 » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:07 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:03 pm
It looked a lot like 5 one out hit ups and kick to.me...we need.to do much more with the ball..wont be too many more 2-0 half time scorelines this year..
I agree, Brooks needs to lift his game, Kev needs to be dropped, but we can get there, Gamble is waiting for a shot, and he looks like he can create breaks at will.
Go hard or go home

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:14 pm

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 6:39 pm
Its an old cliche but here goes A STAR TEAM WILL BEAT A TEAM OF STARS the hard earned two points today could prove invaluable RORTERS will win most games this year we've taken two points from them ISP had a good win today and unearthed some future 1st graders lets leave it to IVAN he's driving the bus we need to get on board he knows what he's doing and after all how many of us have coached or played 1st grade
Very early days but the defense looks/sounds much better. I haven’t seen the game yet.
This time last year I was jumping up and down after a big first up win - look what happened. In fact we’ve won the opening game for the last 4 years and you all know how those seasons ended up.

Sounds like we finally have a team of top workers.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:25 pm

Great defence. I thought everyone defended well and looked to be playing for each other. There were a couple of muck ups but over all real happy.

Both Kev and Brooks defended much better than previously. However, both had a couple of shockers.

Early days yet, but like others i am concerned about a lack of real x-factor. Although i was jumping out of chair in anticipation/excitement when ever Tui, Masters or Benji had the ball in their hands.

Great win to start the season. Yee Hah

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:40 pm
851 wrote:
eyewonder wrote:

Some but different in a willingness to offload and that will develop further and bring points. The other differences are that this tesm hasn't had time to develop teamwork.

But alas for Easts where are their points gunna come from.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm

851 wrote:
eyewonder wrote:
About 2/3rds of the way though the game..,the cameras turned to the Roosters coaches box. Trent was standing up yelling at his team. some butsnifer was to his right and Taylor was to the left looking like he had just witnessed a sickening crime. I thought he was going to spew.
Him and Tedesco are going to have to console each other tonight.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:43 pm

I walked away with some serious extra dollars in my betting account.... A big well done to all of the team.... :sign:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:17 pm

Can we give these holier than thou posts a rest? Plenty here thought we would get done, we're tipped to win the spoon, already hit with injury coming up against premiership heavyweights with two new marquees in their spine. Doesn't take Einstein to figure out why many of us expected the result to go against us.

Many just wanted to see 80 mins of attitude and resolve. Even if we didn't take it at the death I still would be ecstatic with the effort they put in. No one on this forum wants to see them fail, many of us have had little to cheer about in the last 18 seasons so it's no surprise that some expect little after being promised so much without return.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:21 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:17 pm
Can we give these holier than thou posts a rest? Plenty here thought we would get done, we're tipped to win the spoon, already hit with injury coming up against premiership heavyweights with two new marquees in their spine. Doesn't take Einstein to figure out why many of us expected the result to go against us.

Many just wanted to see 80 mins of attitude and resolve. Even if we didn't take it at the death I still would be ecstatic with the effort they put in. No one on this forum wants to see them fail, many of us have had little to cheer about in the last 18 seasons so it's no surprise that some expect little after being promised so much without return.
Well said .

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:23 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

Well said CB
:sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:34 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

I agree with your post CB...

It's the posters that are quick to slip the boot in whenever a player makes a mistake or the team plays poorly but rarely acknowledge or add disclaimers when they do well that I think the thread is aimed at well at least I hope..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:38 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:21 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Well said .
Of course we weren't favourites but most thought before the Sharks trial we had a good squad and could be competitive. A lot of people on here were getting jack of all the crap that was throwing at the team.
Last edited by Tigerdon on Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:39 pm

quintus wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:43 pm
I walked away with some serious extra dollars in my betting account.... A big well done to all of the team.... :sign:
Same here :D

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:44 pm

Yep didnt see that coming. One week at a time, but so far they are exceeding my expectations and hope that they continue to do so because for too long we have all been let down. Great performance by all involved.