TO ALL THE KNOCKERS AND DOUBTERS

Tacky

Re: TO ALL THE KNOCKERS AND DOUBTERS

Post by Tacky » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:10 pm

First time we've beaten the Roosters in 7 years................Wowee
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:14 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:10 pm
The hoodoo is broken.
Hopefully Tede$co takes it to the Chooks...along with the mumps.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:53 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:14 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:10 pm
The hoodoo is broken.
Hopefully Tede$co takes it to the Chooks...along with the mumps.
Two hoodoos broken - we won even with the Badge!

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 11:59 pm

The Roosters must feel really Plucked tonight because they just had their feathers ruffled
Imagine how Tedesco feels bombing a try and then watching his replacement Tui kick the winning goal from the sideline
I would have loved to see Tui give a big "That's Gold" thumbs up to Tedesco after the kick
That would have been a great post Try/Goal celebration
What makes it even better is we won with 12 men on the field while Brooks was having a cup of Tea and biscuits
With all their big gun players they would have thought they had this one in the bag but Nick must have used them all
It just goes to show that anything is possible

This is uncle Nick and Teddy :deadhorse:
No prizes for guessing which one is Teddy

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:24 am

I'll put my hand up - I gave us zero percent chance of winning.

It's great to be wrong.

However - I still have concerns about the attack - we didn't look too close to scoring except once when a player headbutted the ball to a team mate and we got a miracle put down in the corner.

Hopefully a week of Benji/Brooks training together can iron out a few creases.

PS am I right in suggesting that Benji/Brooks have never lost a game when both playing together?

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:53 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm
Seantice wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:30 pm
We never doubted the effort. We doubted the win because of the wide gap in representive players for both teams.
Me ole Math teacher and RL coach use to say a Champion Team will often beat a Team of Champions..
That is the correct saying (champion), but we got the gist....

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:54 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:34 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:17 pm
Can we give these holier than thou posts a rest? Plenty here thought we would get done, we're tipped to win the spoon, already hit with injury coming up against premiership heavyweights with two new marquees in their spine. Doesn't take Einstein to figure out why many of us expected the result to go against us.

Many just wanted to see 80 mins of attitude and resolve. Even if we didn't take it at the death I still would be ecstatic with the effort they put in. No one on this forum wants to see them fail, many of us have had little to cheer about in the last 18 seasons so it's no surprise that some expect little after being promised so much without return.

I agree with your post CB...

It's the posters that are quick to slip the boot in whenever a player makes a mistake or the team plays poorly but rarely acknowledge or add disclaimers when they do well that I think the thread is aimed at well at least I hope..
Players, captains, coaches and even former players and coaches. For some it often seems that they wait in anticipation for an opportunity to attack and it gets tiresome.

Magpie4life

Post by Magpie4life » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:57 am

Spacecub wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:34 pm
Was a great win today over a team we all hate....but is this i told you so thread really nescessary
Bravo spacecub! Who here seriously thought we could win this? Well done boys, brilliant effort. On an individual basis Compare the two teams, I know, there is no comparison. My son asked me who our star player was. I said I’m not sure. Can anyone answer that. There was loud cheering and high fives in the car after Lolo kicked that conversion. I hate the Sombreros, I couldn’t Remember the last time we beat them. Let’s not get our GF tickets yet. We often win the first game of the year!

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 12:19 am

Winnipeg wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:24 am
I'll put my hand up - I gave us zero percent chance of winning.

It's great to be wrong.

However - I still have concerns about the attack - we didn't look too close to scoring except once when a player headbutted the ball to a team mate and we got a miracle put down in the corner.

Hopefully a week of Benji/Brooks training together can iron out a few creases.

PS am I right in suggesting that Benji/Brooks have never lost a game when both playing together?
What about Benji under the sticks of a Brooks grubber

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 12:48 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:34 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:17 pm
Can we give these holier than thou posts a rest? Plenty here thought we would get done, we're tipped to win the spoon, already hit with injury coming up against premiership heavyweights with two new marquees in their spine. Doesn't take Einstein to figure out why many of us expected the result to go against us.

Many just wanted to see 80 mins of attitude and resolve. Even if we didn't take it at the death I still would be ecstatic with the effort they put in. No one on this forum wants to see them fail, many of us have had little to cheer about in the last 18 seasons so it's no surprise that some expect little after being promised so much without return.

I agree with your post CB...

It's the posters that are quick to slip the boot in whenever a player makes a mistake or the team plays poorly but rarely acknowledge or add disclaimers when they do well that I think the thread is aimed at well at least I hope..
Don't be so hard on yourself Geo