Was Tedesco rattled?

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Was Tedesco rattled?

Post by steve-o » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:31 pm

Tedesco is going to miss the tigers fans for sure. Compare the feeling of a tigers win at home vs a roosters win in front of 6000 people at Allianz... one is more hollow than the other.
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors


User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5487
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:33 pm

You can't beat the reaction when he bombed that try, pure poetry for us fans. He laughed about it but the crowd just howled in delight at him... you could hardly have written a better script for a WT fan.

Then second half Benji reads and clobbers him, Marsters pounces and the ball comes loose - too good.

Then his replacement throws the match-winning pass and kicks the match-winning goal.

Glorious. I cared it was the Roosters but cared more because it was Tedesco. Bring on the Dogs!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21020
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:36 pm

Now next week is the battle of the losers

Tedesco vs Woods

One of these clowns who left to win a premiership is going to be 0-2

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3386
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:49 pm

God it felt good to give him gob full after full time with the rest of the faithful.
Childish you might say buy who cares.
And yes he was rattled he played an ordinary game. Made it even sweeter.
Last edited by Eddie on Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27532
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:53 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:33 pm
You can't beat the reaction when he bombed that try, pure poetry for us fans. He laughed about it but the crowd just howled in delight at him... you could hardly have written a better script for a WT fan.

Then second half Benji reads and clobbers him, Marsters pounces and the ball comes loose - too good.

Then his replacement throws the match-winning pass and kicks the match-winning goal.

Glorious. I cared it was the Roosters but cared more because it was Tedesco. Bring on the Dogs!
Hahahaha yeah so sweet...i was a hootin and a hollerin like you wouldnt believe...little kids around.looking worriedly at me....those moments were so sweet.
Loved it


tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2047
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:59 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:30 am
Loved the boos.

He was dead set rattled.
Not at all..(as much as we'd all like to believe he was).

I was sitting in the members area, right behind the tunnel and when Turdesco was walking into the tunnel at half time to a chorus of boos he was smiling.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:02 pm

Well played by the fans at the game giving it to him on every touch. Definitely heard it through the radio call.
:sign:

User avatar
jrtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by jrtiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:03 pm

tigerap wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:59 pm
criwdfluffer wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:30 am
Loved the boos.

He was dead set rattled.
Not at all..(as much as we'd all like to believe he was).

I was sitting in the members area, right behind the tunnel and when Turdesco was walking into the tunnel at half time to a chorus of boos he was smiling.
That's a cover-up. The bloke was shot to pieces and the scrutiny from the crowd got to him more than he'd like to admit.

I always used to think that Teddy only had great games and good games... Yesterday proved to me that he has stinkers in him too. Thank goodness I found that out once the paper bags started turning up on his front doorstep.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21020
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:06 pm

tigerap wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:59 pm
criwdfluffer wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 10:30 am
Loved the boos.

He was dead set rattled.
Not at all..(as much as we'd all like to believe he was).

I was sitting in the members area, right behind the tunnel and when Turdesco was walking into the tunnel at half time to a chorus of boos he was smiling.
That doesn’t mean anything. Smiling can sometimes be a nervous reaction.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21020
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:10 pm

wt00 wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:02 pm
Well played by the fans at the game giving it to him on every touch. Definitely heard it through the radio call.
It definitely surprised me that it was a constant barrage throughout the game. I was only expecting it with his first touch, then thought it would settle down. Think a lot of it had to do with being round 1. What he got yesterday was 6 months of built up emotion that everyone was hanging to release. If we played them later in the year, I doubt it would have been sustained throughout the whole match.

OzLukeH
Member
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon 03 Apr, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by OzLukeH » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:18 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:10 pm
wt00 wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:02 pm
Well played by the fans at the game giving it to him on every touch. Definitely heard it through the radio call.
It definitely surprised me that it was a constant barrage throughout the game. I was only expecting it with his first touch, then thought it would settle down. Think a lot of it had to do with being round 1. What he got yesterday was 6 months of built up emotion that everyone was hanging to release. If we played them later in the year, I doubt it would have been sustained throughout the whole match.
his mistakes certainly helped.
I reckon it's the disrespect of a player who says needs to go to another club to win a comp. Shouldn't you have tried that here? That is always the worst excuse to come out of a player's mouth in leaving a club.
He got what he deserved

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:10 pm
wt00 wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:02 pm
Well played by the fans at the game giving it to him on every touch. Definitely heard it through the radio call.
It definitely surprised me that it was a constant barrage throughout the game. I was only expecting it with his first touch, then thought it would settle down. Think a lot of it had to do with being round 1. What he got yesterday was 6 months of built up emotion that everyone was hanging to release. If we played them later in the year, I doubt it would have been sustained throughout the whole match.
Definitely, if it was later in the season, I don't think it wouldve been that constant.
We don't play Woods until R12 so I wouldn't expect it to be like yesterday. I could be wrong though.
:sign:

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5487
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:53 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:33 pm
You can't beat the reaction when he bombed that try, pure poetry for us fans. He laughed about it but the crowd just howled in delight at him... you could hardly have written a better script for a WT fan.

Then second half Benji reads and clobbers him, Marsters pounces and the ball comes loose - too good.

Then his replacement throws the match-winning pass and kicks the match-winning goal.

Glorious. I cared it was the Roosters but cared more because it was Tedesco. Bring on the Dogs!
Hahahaha yeah so sweet...i was a hootin and a hollerin like you wouldnt believe...little kids around.looking worriedly at me....those moments were so sweet.
Loved it
And as a previous poster said, so many fans hung around after FT not just to cheer the team, but specifically to jeer Tedesco. I was one of them, nobody wanted to leave until he'd done his interviews and walked alone back up the tunnel.

Boyd Cordner on the other hand barely shook hands before pacing off the field. Tedesco's teammates could have done better to hang around with him until they all walked off together as a team.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3797
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:50 pm

Of cause he has natural talent and would have made it anywhere..but To walk away from the club that he spent years developing him into the origin player he is. With only a "I want to join a more successful club" as a reason was a massive slap in the face for Tigers fans.
So many players move clubs these days and some do it well and others do it really badly.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:53 pm

He may have been thinking after been crunched by our forwards he may have done better by staying running off them.

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 4:09 pm

I cheered louder when he dropped that ball than I did when we won the game in the 78th minute. My partner even had to say "They didn't score, what are you celebrating for?" :lol:
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2323
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 6:24 pm

Use to be a big fan of Teddy's. Met him once and found him to be a genuinely nice young man.
I dont begrudge him making a choice to go play elsewhere, but it was sweet revenge winning against him and his star studded lineup yesterday, and I hope it hurt like hell and continues to haunt him, just like it did for all our supporters when he decided to fly the coup.

Post Reply