We still need a centre

criwdfluffer

Re: We still need a centre

Post by criwdfluffer » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:50 am

I like the look of that Garner kid.....most probably too early but he has centre written all over him.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 11:02 am

Needaname wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:41 am
Nelson wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 9:03 pm
If we were going to go after an experienced centre I'd be looking at Justin O'Neill (who is 26) ahead of Josh Morris (31).
Morris is after his last contract and will probably sign for 2 more years with the dogs. Offering him 3 and a lil extra could get him.
3 years would make him 35 at the end of his contract with us. Not very appealing.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 11:44 am

Masterton wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 11:02 am
Needaname wrote:
Nelson wrote:
If we were going to go after an experienced centre I'd be looking at Justin O'Neill (who is 26) ahead of Josh Morris (31).
Morris is after his last contract and will probably sign for 2 more years with the dogs. Offering him 3 and a lil extra could get him.
3 years would make him 35 at the end of his contract with us. Not very appealing.
Offer him 4 and just accept that after 2 he will medically retire!

Josh and Brett for the right price would be good. For what they are worth, though no way. 250-350 tops and I think we have Juniors we would rather take.

Now I did say Josh and Brett. Never Underrate a good Center/Wing pairing. The only reason why we should even think these guys is their experience with Reynolds and that they could restore that combo. But by himself, Josh is not the person we should sign. We need an upgrade in the Centers and he is past his prime. Let the Juniors or Founa/Thompson/gamble/etc claim it.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 12:00 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:50 am
Milne looked alright to me.

Nice offload and didn't miss any tackles.

Granted the ball didn't find him much but he looks likely and surprisingly VERY trim.

He looks like he has lost a few kegs.
Agreed..the ball hardly went his side, but the few touches he had were good and he is a top defender

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 12:19 pm

Silentio wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:21 pm
On what planet was Kevin responsible for letting in that try? The chooks had numbers out wide and would have scored against almost any team. If he'd left their forward one on one with Brooks, I'm sure you guys would be bagging him out for that.

At least if you are going to put the boot in, give him credit for some of the great tackles he made.

Defensively he had it all over Marsters.
I haven't hung him over that misread, but the silly pass that cost us about ten minutes of pressure down our end and let them off the hook when we had finally gained the upper hand in the middle, was inexcusable. He is on his last chance for mine.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 12:24 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:58 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:56 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:50 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:43 pm

After JT sent him packing he probably hates us.
Damn, I had no idea the Tigers back-flipped on Takairangi's deal.
Another masterstroke from JT we actually had to pay part of his contract for him to play at parra without him ever playing a game for us
JT the gift that keeps on giving, we are still paying for Siro, and we payed $700k for Farah to play against us, so glad we beat the chooks, Teddy and JT can cry together
I'm glad we beat the chooks too, but Geez, give it a rest. They were club decisions, NOT simply Taylor decisions.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 12:29 pm

Masterton wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Nelson wrote:
True. We don't need to ease the Dogs' salary cap issues. We have money available, let's spend it wisely by signing up Marsters and identifying the best of the young backline talent at other clubs.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:10 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 12:29 pm
Masterton wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Nelson wrote:
True. We don't need to ease the Dogs' salary cap issues. We have money available, let's spend it wisely by signing up Marsters and identifying the best of the young backline talent at other clubs.
I didn’t realise he is turning 32 this year.
Also in watching the game on TV for the first time I have mixed feelings about Kev but he certainly held his own.
On the play Ferguson scored it was a combination of things. Kev did come in to put pressure on the pass and probably should have stayed one player out but Malaki did not follow.
But more importantly is how we got so short.
Once again I’ve noticed McWrillik not involved in the previous tackle but falling into marker when we are 20 out.
That to me was lazy and Woods was guilty of it last year. A similar thing happened in the sharks trial at the time the sharks first scored. Twice McWrillik was half involved in the tackle one after the other then had to rush to get into the line. Thompson was screaming for him to go to the other side of him but he stayed where he was leaving us short. I think he does a decent job but those expecting him to replace Godinet you need only to look at a play early in the 2nd half where Cronk on the right kicked back on his inside for Tedesco.
In that moment Kev and Brooks were involved in stopping the earlier break. Cronk figured we’d be short that side since only the winger was avaiable but guess who came all the way across from the middle of the field, Godinet.
That’s the sort of game awareness we need from our players.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:30 pm

We need someone better than Kev,he did contribute to the Rorters try by coming in off his man and he also threw the ball away on the first tackle twice,Milne or Fonua are the likely replacement whether they are better than Kev remains to be seen.

Post by 851 » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:03 pm

formerguest wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 12:24 pm
851 wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
upthetigers wrote:

Another masterstroke from JT we actually had to pay part of his contract for him to play at parra without him ever playing a game for us
JT the gift that keeps on giving, we are still paying for Siro, and we payed $700k for Farah to play against us, so glad we beat the chooks, Teddy and JT can cry together
I'm glad we beat the chooks too, but Geez, give it a rest. They were club decisions, NOT simply Taylor decisions.
Take a hike mate, I have hardly mentioned him this year
Go hard or go home

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:17 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:03 pm
formerguest wrote:
851 wrote:
jadtiger wrote:

Take a hike mate, I have hardly mentioned him this year
I quite enjoy hiking. As for the second bit, it is something that I try to avoid in the cattle pavilion at the show before the annual Parra game.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:26 pm

formerguest wrote:
851 wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
upthetigers wrote:

Makes me laugh how people can think it was the coaches decision, and his alone to release a guy amd have the club pay him 700k to play somewhere else. But hey, JT is an easy target.

Post by 851 » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:26 pm
formerguest wrote:
851 wrote:
jadtiger wrote:

Makes me laugh how people can think it was the coaches decision, and his alone to release a guy amd have the club pay him 700k to play somewhere else. But hey, JT is an easy target.
JT wanted Farah gone pure and simple, a dirty big ego play, bought a busted up Ballin for 2 years, he played 1 and half games, if he sold that to the board they are morons
I hate JT always have, he was holding this club back big time, and that is the last time I am going to answer you or any other JT fan boy about our former coach.
Go hard or go home

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:35 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:25 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
formerguest wrote:
851 wrote:

JT wanted Farah gone pure and simple, a dirty big ego play, bought a busted up Ballin for 2 years, he played 1 and half games, if he sold that to the board they are morons
I hate JT always have, he was holding this club back big time, and that is the last time I am going to answer you or any other JT fan boy about our former coach.
Speaking the truth but wasting your time.

Anyone who knows anything knows Jason Taylor had the last and final say on Robbie Farah but these guys will defend Taylor for the rest of their lives.
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm

851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
formerguest wrote:
851 wrote:

Or it just shows how destabilising an influence he was that the club were willing to pay out nearly the whole contract.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:42 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
formerguest wrote:

Or it just shows how destabilising an influence he was that the club were willing to pay out nearly the whole contract.
Maybe .... Maybe not ...

But you must have enjoyed watching the Roosters play " Taylor Ball " last weekend ?!
I know I did !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:43 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:35 pm
851 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
formerguest wrote:

Speaking the truth but wasting your time.

Anyone who knows anything knows Jason Taylor had the last and final say on Robbie Farah but these guys will defend Taylor for the rest of their lives.
Not sure it's a fact and far from defending Taylor ...but who employed Taylor to make this decision ..

The faceless men...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:47 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:10 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 12:29 pm
Masterton wrote:
Needaname wrote:
I didn’t realise he is turning 32 this year.
Also in watching the game on TV for the first time I have mixed feelings about Kev but he certainly held his own.
On the play Ferguson scored it was a combination of things. Kev did come in to put pressure on the pass and probably should have stayed one player out but Malaki did not follow.
But more importantly is how we got so short.
Once again I’ve noticed McWrillik not involved in the previous tackle but falling into marker when we are 20 out.
That to me was lazy and Woods was guilty of it last year. A similar thing happened in the sharks trial at the time the sharks first scored. Twice McWrillik was half involved in the tackle one after the other then had to rush to get into the line. Thompson was screaming for him to go to the other side of him but he stayed where he was leaving us short. I think he does a decent job but those expecting him to replace Godinet you need only to look at a play early in the 2nd half where Cronk on the right kicked back on his inside for Tedesco.
In that moment Kev and Brooks were involved in stopping the earlier break. Cronk figured we’d be short that side since only the winger was avaiable but guess who came all the way across from the middle of the field, Godinet.
That’s the sort of game awareness we need from our players.
Kev gets caught out, I’m not saying he doesn’t but you are right about the inside player.i haven’t watch the replay (could have been MM) dropping off.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...