We still need a centre

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2302
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: We still need a centre

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:03 am

hobbo wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:25 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:21 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:42 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm

Or it just shows how destabilising an influence he was that the club were willing to pay out nearly the whole contract.
Maybe .... Maybe not ...

But you must have enjoyed watching the Roosters play " Taylor Ball " last weekend ?!
I know I did !
We were talking about "Taylor Ball" today at work with a Chook fan. That was the Roosters game plan on Saturday.
How did the chook fan handle it ?
The two chook fans I know were a no show to our Monday nights footy training :lol:
He was giving me crap before the game, we’l Put 40 on you guys etc.
Just come up and congratulate me I noticed he had a hand full of lottery tickets to hand out to people.


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27851
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:46 am

My young bloke decided to move out at 27....that's how hard he took the 1st loss since 2012...

Hopefully Milne can find his World Cup form in ISP..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3724
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:55 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:46 am
My young bloke decided to move out at 27....that's how hard he took the 1st loss since 2012...

Hopefully Milne can find his World Cup form in ISP..
Had to happen sooner or later on both counts. Was expecting a little more from Taane.

Chipofftheoldblock
Member
Member
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:07 am
Location: London

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 10:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:47 pm
Chipofftheoldblock wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:42 pm
Milne will come good.....Kev was okay in game 1 however he made 2 bad defence reads which created a line break and a try. Kev cannot read an attack and puts so much pressure on his winger who has to follow in with him when he makes a bad read.
Kev is only a bad game or 2 away from being dropped.
Milne just needs to impress and train hard in reggies and he will come good. Long season...the team that starts the year is always not the team that finishes the year....same goes to Founa. He needs to just grind out in training and keep putting pressure on players ahead of him. He will kill it when he gets his start in 1st grade.
Why do you assume he’s one bad game away from being dropped? Why would Cleary give him an ultimatum when we have other options?
It is only the first game of the season and Kev did have an okay game but still had the same little mistakes in his defence that we all saw last year.
If Milne had good trial form, good game last week and was training the house down, he would have surely been selected as the left side center but he didnt and the coaching staff clearly see that he needs to work on items on his game.
The coaching staff will surely not tolerate making the same mistakes in games when there is depth in the squad to be replaced. As a coach you always like to give players a chance to improve and rectify their errors in previous game but you are on a short leash when you have other options.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:38 am

I think we are wasting our time expecting much from Milne at this stage. I cant point to anything that shows he really wants to compete for an NRL spot.

He seems to be in cruise mode.

Fonua is much more likely at this stage.
Its an opinion!


Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1935
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 8:07 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:46 am
My young bloke decided to move out at 27....that's how hard he took the 1st loss since 2012...

Hopefully Milne can find his World Cup form in ISP..
What a day for you. It couldn't get any better.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 12:50 pm

Well there was something on the news this morning about IZZY being open to a code switch again
He wouldn't rule it out
Very interesting
Wasn't Ivan seen at a training day with the wallabies a few months back
And we all thought he was there for Rona
Very very interesting

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27851
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 1:07 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 12:50 pm
Well there was something on the news this morning about IZZY being open to a code switch again
He wouldn't rule it out
Very interesting
Wasn't Ivan seen at a training day with the wallabies a few months back
And we all thought he was there for Rona
Very very interesting
I think your tin foil is to tight..

Was a case of the Wallabies using Concord for training...

But yeah for sure seems legit..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 2:59 pm

f you believe Raiders' supporters, Blake Austin knocked back a $700/pa 4 year deal late last year. Austin can run, he can't ball play, he can kick but can he tackle?

TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 3:05 pm

I reckon we would be in with a chance if Izzy decided to switch codes. However, if nothing works out Ferguson would be fine for me.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21022
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 5:49 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 2:59 pm
f you believe Raiders' supporters, Blake Austin knocked back a $700/pa 4 year deal late last year. Austin can run, he can't ball play, he can kick but can he tackle?
Can’t pass.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39041
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 6:08 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:46 am
My young bloke decided to move out at 27....that's how hard he took the 1st loss since 2012...

Hopefully Milne can find his World Cup form in ISP..
Would of been easier just to throw his Roosters gear in a pile in the backyard and set it on fire every season

Surely the hint would of been taken

Just on that , when you have families that all support one side and one person bucks the trend , how is it taken ??

Uncle of mine went to play for Watto's mob when all others were Wests Panthers supporters , and he was almost disowned , he point blank refused to play in the family footy games after that

Probably explains a lot really , hey Watto

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 6:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 6:08 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:46 am
My young bloke decided to move out at 27....that's how hard he took the 1st loss since 2012...

Hopefully Milne can find his World Cup form in ISP..
Would of been easier just to throw his Roosters gear in a pile in the backyard and set it on fire every season

Surely the hint would of been taken

Just on that , when you have families that all support one side and one person bucks the trend , how is it taken ??

Uncle of mine went to play for Watto's mob when all others were Wests Panthers supporters , and he was almost disowned , he point blank refused to play in the family footy games after that

Probably explains a lot really , hey Watto
Due to my passion (I think) both my sons (now 16 and 19) are Tigers supporters. But they get really angry saying “why didn’t I follow the Storm!” They both admit it’s too late for them to switch - they’re hooked. Hope our team can show them some success!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3800
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 6:53 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 5:49 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 2:59 pm
f you believe Raiders' supporters, Blake Austin knocked back a $700/pa 4 year deal late last year. Austin can run, he can't ball play, he can kick but can he tackle?
Can’t pass.
......and is not a centre
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 8:14 pm

Blake Ferguson at centre would mean we wouldn't need a winger. 12 on the field would be a distinct disadvantage

Post Reply