Can we go back to back?

snowleopard

Re: Can we go back to back?

Post by snowleopard » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 10:56 pm

Think ball control will be key ...don’t handover much to them and make them come out of their own end most of the time by finding touch and meeting them at the restart on our terms.. it worked for us last week and will do same this week. Forget the flashy plays in their 20 just keep pounding them and get repeats sets. Put it high to JAC near the goal line and dont contest. Let him catch it and then just pick him up and dump him back in the ingoal. Statistically we are due for a try or 2 from kicks so let’s just keep it simple for the first 6 rounds and attack with our defence.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 11:55 pm

We go ok against the Storm, not sure about at home though.
We'll need to score more than 10 points though and that's what bothers me.

I'll be happy to see us get in their faces and really hustle them in defense and not let up and see what that results in.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:38 am

Brain says no chance ,they have speed and skill all over the park and they have a fast mobile pack that turns up every week. They are also disciplined and not to mention the reigning champions.

My heart says..why not. We are always competitive against the Storm and its round 2. Lets face it if I went with my brain last week I would have got about 1 out of 8 in my selections

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:03 am

We have a decent record against the Storm so, who knows. They are a much better team than the Roosters and they aren't going to be complacent and underestimate us so, our attack is going to have to be 10x better than it was against the Roosters but, with that defence we'll trouble a lot of teams in the comp. If you watch the Bulldogs game, their defence wasn't half as good as ours.

We've lost the last 3 games to the Storm but, we were 10-16 before that.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:12 am

If our attack smartens up and we're able to score a few tries (most likely through isolating Croft) and defend as well as we did last week, then I give us a small chance. Naiqama on that left edge is scaring me though, Chambers & Vunivalu could have a field day if he doesn't smarten up.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 1:09 pm

It’s round 2 and these early rounds can produce all sorts of outcomes.
Look at last week for evidence.
If we complete our sets and slow the game down if they get a roll on, Kick it into touch as much as required keep focused and we’re a chance.
$5.50 is good money might even have flutter this week.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 1:56 pm

TIGER wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 11:55 pm

I'll be happy to see us get in their faces and really hustle them in defense and not let up and see what that results in.
We've only ever won once in Melb

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:10 pm

Storm 26 - 14. Melbourne are a step up in class to the roosters. They have more of a team mentality compared to the individual roosters. I just want to see us compete again for 80 minutes. Do that and I'm happy

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:16 pm

weststigers wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 1:56 pm
TIGER wrote:

..................... about time we win again.
"Quality Stupidity"

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:41 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:16 pm
weststigers wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 1:56 pm
TIGER wrote:

..................... about time we win again.
Was that when Benji got injured and Rowdy played 5/8 and killed it?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 3:39 pm

They man up in defence again this week, anything is possible.

Benji and Luke will have an expectation of playing together this week as well which will help.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 11:26 pm

Watching the Storm v Bulldogs replay on NRL.com.

Addo-Carr is horrendous under the high ball. So bad in fact that Melbourne rush 3 players around him to protect him.

The Bulldogs kicked to him all night and won the ball back most of the time. Hopefully Ivan can exploit this - thinking high spiral bombs from Benji and Brooks to his wing with Marsters steaming down at him.

MWZ has been quite good in the air, so it would have been an interesting match-up if he was to change wings to the right, but we need him to combat Vunivalu on the other side.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 11:39 pm

These guys are incredibly difficult to beat at home, they rarely lose the ruck because they're the best wrestlers in the comp. We need to be honest about where both sides are at - we'll need to be at our best and the Storm will have to have an off night, that's the only way I see us beating this mob. They don't have a problem scoring points - we do.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:03 am

We matched or even got on top of the Roosters middle third. The Roosters biggest threat came out wide.

This Storm team while not having the names in the forwards just roll through the middle like no ones business. Its all on the back of Smith and their ability to win the ruck.

This a better test of where we are.

If the refs dont kill us on ruck penalties we can hopefully make it a close game.
Its an opinion!

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:54 am

This is a massive test of the new culture. If the defensive effort, control in the forwards and dogged efforts are the new normal then I'll be proud although disappointed if we lose.

What we have never seen from the club is consistent effort in these areas over a season, if we see it this week, win, lose or draw, we are on track for a good year imo.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:21 am

hobbo wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:47 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 3:57 pm
Sure we can remain undefeated minor Premiers and eventual Premiers...only 26 more wins to go...
23 more wins you lemon head :lol:
Think he’s including the finals.
Need more props.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:30 am

oldprop wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:21 am
hobbo wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:47 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 3:57 pm
Sure we can remain undefeated minor Premiers and eventual Premiers...only 26 more wins to go...
23 more wins you lemon head :lol:
Think he’s including the finals.
He changed his original post ....
The perks of being a moderator !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:41 am

rex2ce wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 5:55 pm
We’ve given the Storm a run for their money in recent times, must be close to beating them!
I'll go with this. Storm has been lucky to beat us in the past... forward passes that led to tries that were never called back. We are in with a shot. :pray: :sign:
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown