Storm V Tigers Live Game Thread - Spoliers

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Re: Storm V Tigers Live Game Thread - Spoliers

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:47 pm

tigerap wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:43 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:48 pm
Outside of the 2005 grand final, I’ve never enjoyed a game more. We beat everything tonight. We beat a great team, we beat a milestone occasion, we beat a sin binning, we beat Melbourne coming back, we beat the worst and most biased refereeing ever seen. We have a winning team.

Come on - sell out at Campbelltown next Friday night!!
I wasn’t planning on going to Cambo next Friday, but now am having second thoughts
Same. I bought a Leichhardt/ANZ membership just because Campbelltown is hard to get to but I’ll be there for sure!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.


ILTIGRE
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu 16 Oct, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by ILTIGRE » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:51 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:27 pm
I loved Esan giving Munster a gob full when he forced him into touch in goal.
Pure magic.
I noticed that too. That was awesome!

snowleopard
Member
Member
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu 08 Sep, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: Syney NZ Manila

Post by snowleopard » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:51 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:38 pm
How good was Thompson reads of the storm, was everywhere
Agree with Thompson and Nofo both doing the job it will make it difficul% for Tui to get back in the side, especially as we are limiting the opposition’s opportun6ies by constantly resetting the play from sideline kicks and giving our edgedefences time to also reset

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39569
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:19 am

Replay is back on now

Do we need to be concerned about seeing Elijah having his hammy strapped with about 8 minutes to go

Other question , was Naiqama called off side by the ref when he could of dived on the grubber with about 8 minutes left in the 1st half ??

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21288
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:27 am

Crazy to think we are doing this without some of our big off season signings. You would be flat out finding spots for anyone out of the side atm. Even Tui who was the match winner last week. If you are in the side atm, you’d be desperate to stay healthy, cos once you go down, the guy who replaces you will give up his limbs.


Sco77y
Member
Member
Posts: 755
Joined: Fri 12 Jul, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Sco77y » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:37 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:27 am
Crazy to think we are doing this without some of our big off season signings. You would be flat out finding spots for anyone out of the side atm. Even Tui who was the match winner last week. If you are in the side atm, you’d be desperate to stay healthy, cos once you go down, the guy who replaces you will give up his limbs.
Yeah 100%, there is so much depth in the squad. And the team already on the field seems to be the right balance. Benji has exceeded all expectations I’m sure, not that they were even low to begin with. Imo we need him on the field for the whole game.. Not sure where even Reynolds will fit in now.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10789
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:07 am

Wasn't able to watch or listen to the game due to work early this morning, could not believe we won and this thread was a pretty good read. When I got to the final penalty count I was amazed even further.................we appear to have a team

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28326
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:28 am

This thread is very funny...well done Wests Tigers forum...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Magpie4life
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri 23 Feb, 2018 1:49 am

Post by Magpie4life » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 7:34 am

I wish I knew about this thread last night! Fantastic read this morning! Great to see the Magpies killing it too! I followed the game on the FOX site. It showed the Tigers leading 6-0 and I watched that clock tick down to zero. I was so damn pleased to beat those Mexicans at home to nil! Switched over to FIX main site and to my horror we were actually losing 8-6 with three minutes to play! WTF! My son and I were mortified. Then with 2.5 minutes to go the clock stopped (for what seemed an eternity). Finally Tigers 10 pops up and the clock keeps ticking down. With 90 secs left my phone battery dies! FFS! It took me 10 minutes to find out we won! I love this team! Wooden spoon favorites, everybody has them written off pre season. Who seriously could have predicted these last two results! We get to play the three big sombreros in the first three rounds! I wish I could be there on Friday, anyone know a good babysitter?

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2404
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 7:59 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:37 pm
The icing on the cake for this game would have been someone decapitating Munster for his effort on Kev.

It's inspiring but sad at the same time when you recognise that these are probably two of the most complete defensive efforts this club has ever conjured up.
That was ugly and I may be wrong but I thought they had him held. Munster was clearly frustrated at that point cheap shot.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21288
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:09 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 7:59 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:37 pm
The icing on the cake for this game would have been someone decapitating Munster for his effort on Kev.

It's inspiring but sad at the same time when you recognise that these are probably two of the most complete defensive efforts this club has ever conjured up.
That was ugly and I may be wrong but I thought they had him held. Munster was clearly frustrated at that point cheap shot.
I think it was close to similtanious, however it should still have been penalised. It was a blatant head slam.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27907
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:11 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:29 pm
supercoach wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:21 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:48 pm
Outside of the 2005 grand final, I’ve never enjoyed a game more. We beat everything tonight. We beat a great team, we beat a milestone occasion, we beat a sin binning, we beat Melbourne coming back, we beat the worst and most biased refereeing ever seen. We have a winning team.

Come on - sell out at Campbelltown next Friday night!!
Iam with you Steve, this was all about guts and than more guts. So good to see a game that every inch is to die for. Old fashion football...love it
Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves but we’ve been waiting a long time for a hard edged team. I’m thinking the wait is over!!
Yeah I don't wanna jump the gun either... Been burnt and disappointed before... But so far so good it's great and a long way from that Sharks trial.
One week at a time will do me... Keep it up boys

User avatar
NZTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 772
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:01 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by NZTiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:16 am

THAT DEFENSE...THAT DEFENSE!!!
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
Image
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:16 am

    bathursttiger wrote:
    Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:27 pm
    I loved Esan giving Munster a gob full when he forced him into touch in goal.
    Pure magic.

    Thats was my highlight of the match. Last year we had a few in the squad that would have put a hand out to help him up.

    the culture is now corrected.
    Its an opinion!

    User avatar
    Cultured Bogan
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 17312
    Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
    Location: Blue Mountains

    Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:21 am

    Telltails wrote:
    Sun 18 Mar, 2018 7:59 am
    Cultured Bogan wrote:
    Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:37 pm
    The icing on the cake for this game would have been someone decapitating Munster for his effort on Kev.

    It's inspiring but sad at the same time when you recognise that these are probably two of the most complete defensive efforts this club has ever conjured up.
    That was ugly and I may be wrong but I thought they had him held. Munster was clearly frustrated at that point cheap shot.
    Pretty sure they called it, he was out to hurt him at that point.
    Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

    Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

    User avatar
    Cultured Bogan
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 17312
    Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
    Location: Blue Mountains

    Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:26 am

    innsaneink wrote:
    Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:11 am
    Tiger Steve wrote:
    Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:29 pm
    supercoach wrote:
    Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:21 pm
    Tiger Steve wrote:
    Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:48 pm
    Outside of the 2005 grand final, I’ve never enjoyed a game more. We beat everything tonight. We beat a great team, we beat a milestone occasion, we beat a sin binning, we beat Melbourne coming back, we beat the worst and most biased refereeing ever seen. We have a winning team.

    Come on - sell out at Campbelltown next Friday night!!
    Iam with you Steve, this was all about guts and than more guts. So good to see a game that every inch is to die for. Old fashion football...love it
    Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves but we’ve been waiting a long time for a hard edged team. I’m thinking the wait is over!!
    Yeah I don't wanna jump the gun either... Been burnt and disappointed before... But so far so good it's great and a long way from that Sharks trial.
    One week at a time will do me... Keep it up boys
    Hard not to get excited about a team that turns up for the 80. The fact that they kept trying right until the death despite being completely gassed is a 1000% improvement in years past, they would have racked the cue and let Melbourne put 3 tries away in the last minutes.
    Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

    Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

    User avatar
    willow
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 32426
    Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
    Location: The Village

    Post by willow » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:05 pm

    happy tiger wrote:
    Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:19 am
    Replay is back on now

    Do we need to be concerned about seeing Elijah having his hammy strapped with about 8 minutes to go

    Other question , was Naiqama called off side by the ref when he could of dived on the grubber with about 8 minutes left in the 1st half ??
    Not sure yet Happy, maybe. The good news is we can throw Eisenhuth into lock and Felise can come onto the bench and play front row. For mine he looked the best of our props again in ISP yesterday, his mobility and footwork looks really sharp.

    InBenjiWeTrust
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 1974
    Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

    Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:34 pm

    Like many fans here said, everyone is exited and for a very good reason, our defense passed only 2 tries against teams that beat us by 30+ year after year. Congrats to the coach and players, it looks like we are better prepared physically than ever :sign:
    We did not have depth for nearly every positions for the last 6-7 years. Our ISP team also plays well, and keeps everyone on their toes: e.g. Sue, Falise, Gamble, Grant, McQueen.
    I just hope that we keep this enthusiasm even after series of losses that could eventually come :sign:

    Post Reply