One of our best wins in a long time

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39643
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: One of our best wins in a long time

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:04 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:35 pm
Build the wall. That throwaway line is starting to have some massive substance.
Intensity has been brilliant so far, as long as we dont drop it against lower sides as usual.
Massive win, I'm smashed! Boo yah
Forget Boo yah

Hoo Ah Al Pacino :D


User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2720
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:45 pm

Good one from reddit


User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:47 am

These back-to-back wins will be talked about for some time I imagine, so many similarities and both considered upsets. This has got to be our best season start in some time, even since the JV.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27975
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:45 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:20 pm
Being a good Attacking has got us no where in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.
You've certainly changed your tune...
... You used to waffle on relentlessly saying defense wasn't important.
At least you've learnt something

Peter B
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri 19 May, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Peter B » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:20 am

We beat the Roosters 10-8. We beat the Storm 10-8.
I guess you could say that we've been playing "teneightshesly (tenaciously)...
Hope Slater & his team mates were crying in their cornflakes this morning !!


User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:39 am

2 games
2 wins x 2 points
2 tries in the last 2 minutes
2 sinbins
When we beat the Panthers Ivan can give Gould the 2 fingers

jojo
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:39 am

Post by jojo » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:45 am

Been a long time reader of these forums, although after yesterday's performance had to join just to say how proud I was of the last fortnights effort. It wasn't the flashiest of attacking games and we were quite clunky at times but in terms of our resilience, swarming defence and efforts on and off the ball that is the best I have seen from a Wests Tigers outfit. There was desperation and defensive intensity from start to finish despite a ridiculous penalty count against, a player in the bin and playing the premiers away from home. Well down to all the boys on a fantastic effort!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21372
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:45 am

We’re winning over lots of people. Last week was just a fluke to a lot of people, this week they stand up and take notice. Winning the respect of the RL public is another added bonus. Not fun being a laughing stock.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21372
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:46 am

ku5tom wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:45 pm
Good one from reddit

Hate the bus, but i’ll pay that.

Tigerheart_returns
Member
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon 18 May, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:51 am

ku5tom wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:25 pm
What are the words??

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9195
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:50 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:51 am
ku5tom wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:25 pm
What are the words??
Grab the esky and bang away ...!


Who are , who are , who are we...
We're the Tigers don't you see..
We're big and tough and strong and fast ....
You f%#* with us we'll kick your arse..
We're here to play for the crowd ..
From concord through to Campbelltown ...
Whatever it takes we will do ..
We're the Tigers boys who the f%#* are you ...
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:45 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:20 pm
Being a good Attacking has got us no where in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.
You've certainly changed your tune...
... You used to waffle on relentlessly saying defense wasn't important.
At least you've learnt something
Not sure what your talking about. I was one of the very vocal on here that continuously talked about our abysmal defensive record under JT. Especially since he came in promising the world with our defence. Hope you’ve ripped down all your JT posters and learnt that their is life after JT and how much of a dud he really was. But I’m sure deep down your still running the boys club.

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Balmainbred » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:10 pm

If we stick it to the Broncos, watch the plummet in odds for top 8 & to win the competition. Saying that geez, the Knights are doing the same good to see all the heavy weights suffer.And one of our best wins in a long time.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27975
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:20 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:22 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:45 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:20 pm
Being a good Attacking has got us no where in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.
You've certainly changed your tune...
... You used to waffle on relentlessly saying defense wasn't important.
At least you've learnt something
Not sure what your talking about. I was one of the very vocal on here that continuously talked about our abysmal defensive record under JT. Especially since he came in promising the world with our defence. Hope you’ve ripped down all your JT posters and learnt that their is life after JT and how much of a dud he really was. But I’m sure deep down your still running the boys club.
I wasn't 100%sure you were the same gibberer Steve ... But this post now confirms it, all that's lacking is your token homo slur

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28434
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:45 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:20 pm
Being a good Attacking has got us no where in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.
You've certainly changed your tune...
... You used to waffle on relentlessly saying defense wasn't important.
At least you've learnt something
That was Earl..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27975
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:26 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:45 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:20 pm
Being a good Attacking has got us no where in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.
You've certainly changed your tune...
... You used to waffle on relentlessly saying defense wasn't important.
At least you've learnt something
That was Earl..
This is long before Earl arrived

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39643
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:26 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:45 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:20 pm
Being a good Attacking has got us no where in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.
You've certainly changed your tune...
... You used to waffle on relentlessly saying defense wasn't important.
At least you've learnt something
That was Earl..
This is long before Earl arrived
SteveTiger I think Ink , I had some war and peace epics with him about attack and defence , reckoned he was a better halfback than Sterling and martial arts blackbelt

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27975
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:50 pm

Correct hap... Constantly returning with a new username after getting banned..... Changes opinions as often as he changes names... Blackbelt in finding new net protocol numbers more like it
Last edited by innsaneink on Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply