Re: What about the penalty count???

Post by diedpretty » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:37 am

kh_canada wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:02 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:50 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:01 am
Let’s not forget the dozen looks they had at Brooks try, looking for a reason not to give it.
On that what were they acually looking for..you don't get bunker audio at mthe game and we couldn't work it out with all the rocking and rollling

Was it some sort of obstrution lost ball what...?
They were mostly looking at Rowdy's run for obstruction, then moved onto the put down which they looked at far too many times IMO. I think they were looking at Brook's pick up to make sure it was clean too.
They were also looking at Brooks pickup and whether he may have knocked it forward in to Chambers arm and regathered. It was pretty conclusive that he didn't but they still checked it 4 times.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:48 am

1eyetiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:44 am
Yeah the penalty count was lopsided, how sweet it is to win when you win on grit, guts, spirit, tenacity, determination and most of all for each other. There was no luck in this win and the penalty count makes it ohhh so much sweeter, truly one of my favourite Wests Tigers wins.
I am struggling to remember a better win since 2005

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:53 am

LARDS wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:48 am
1eyetiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:44 am
Yeah the penalty count was lopsided, how sweet it is to win when you win on grit, guts, spirit, tenacity, determination and most of all for each other. There was no luck in this win and the penalty count makes it ohhh so much sweeter, truly one of my favourite Wests Tigers wins.
I am struggling to remember a better win since 2005
/

Which win from 2005?
Rd 3 v Bulldogs
Qualifying Final v Cowboys
Prelim Final v St George
Grand Final v Cowboys

Those 4 games are all up there I think!
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:55 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 6:48 am
formerguest wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:49 am
Magpie Magic wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:46 am
ku5tom wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:39 am

Thanks mate.
Well that proves it was a rort went wrong.
Watching replay now and just saw lifting tackle on Kev. No difference too one we got penalised for which got them on a roll.

Jyst for record before my time when Easts got rotted in 63 GF the conceded 18 to 7. So it's in the same ball park with a different result.
A big difference for mine, as the held call was made long beforehand, but Cam was the one lifting the leg, so cannot possibly be a penalty.
It was ridiculous that wasn’t a penalty, he called held when he was standing with both feet on the ground and gets lifted and smashed into the ground.
Who is Dan Ginnane? He should be more sure of his facts. It was the Sharks who were beaten 74-4 not the Eels. I remember it well. Peachey was sent from the field for back chat. Anyway, I agree with the point. There is absolutely no way that the Tigers were more than twice as ill disciplined as the Storm. Clear case of favoring the higher ranked side.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:00 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 7:20 am
Melbourne were offside when defending their own line in the last few minute of the game and were not penalised - the ref put his whistle away. It was so obvious considering we were caned up the other end when we were in the same position.
Scoring that try was close to a miracle yet was so well deserved.
Great parallel. I noticed the Storm encroaching too. So inconsistent and unfair when it was clear that the refs don't have the guts to make the calls when the game's on the line. We were penalised to hell and it got the Storm into the lead. When the Storm commit the same offences and we have a chance to win, the refs turn a blind eye.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:14 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:29 am
There was penalty that stuck in my mind - it was in Melbs 20 mtr zone at around the 70 min mark. Whoever played the ball was facing the sideline and we got penalised for not having the markers square - it was laughable.
I agree, I thought that penalty was going our way, just before 1/2 time they did the same and got away with it, also in the 30th min in the 1st 1/2 Melbourne had a player in front of the kick for touch following a penalty, the ref's allowed the Storm to take the kick again,
I haven't reffed or coached for nearly 25 years but in my day with Juniors that was a scrum, when are the NRL going to get fair dinkum and penalise Cam for his interference and march him 10m, do that a few times and he'll back ff.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:23 am

The ref took about a minute to give them something to check. I have a try................ check for obstruction, pick-up & grounding. Please find a way to deny this as I don't want to let Billy & Cam down.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:32 am

The refs had the storm offside if our try was disallowed. Kills me that they see that tackle after tackle and let it go. They also said the same thing to the bunker on the storm try.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:43 am

lets be real its all about cam and billy, even in the paper this morning the whole article was about billy and how bad the storm played very little on how good we were, its a joke.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:56 am

The tackle on Kev G was a discrace I am still spewing about it ...the call held was there for everybody to hear ,Kev relaxes but the Storm players at least 5 seconds after the call dropped him on his Back which back slammed him and his head hitting the ground . That was a penalty if every is seen one ..but with the super GRUB Smith lifting and in the tackle hence no penalty this summed up the whole ref performance,very poor with bias,!!!

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:02 am

steve-o wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:29 am
I would’ve been fuming at the refs if we lost that. All the calls seemed to be going the Storm’s way. I’ll be interested to see if there is any talk of the penalty count tomorrow
The way triple M coined it is that there are some superstars who get free passes. Thurston in for a shoulder charge.... won't happen. Cam Smith doing his tricks... Won't happen.

When the Storm come up here we have to give it to the refs. I hope Ivan flags before hand this match and how slanted it is, flags how much Smith twists things and then if the refs still pull the same stunts... Our crown gives it to them.

If they make bad decisions like this then we can make it like a soccer game. But Club, Coach, players and fans need to be united. NOTE I am only talking about stupid decisions, not fair calls. It's difficult too as you have a lot of kids and you want to set the right example. Maybe a chant "ref it Fair".

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:06 am

tigerlogic wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:48 am
supercoach wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:41 pm
What about when Munster tripped/back slammed on of our players. I thought that would come under a dangerous tackle or a least not in the spirit of the game

That “trip” is part of wrestling take downs and was beautifully executed!
Nothing wrong with that at all it happens many times each games when players are holding themselves up and defensive players need that take down...
I was more concerned about the TWO times Cam Smith wasn’t square at marker and then made the tackle and wasn’t penalised.. but that’s the influence he has over refs I guess
Oldies know it as the Cumberland throw

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:07 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:39 pm
Storm do nothing wrong SC... :deadhorse:

NZ Tiger and I comented in the 2nd half that some penalties against were desreved and our discipline in that area needs work but some seemed ummm scripted...

Was it 9-1 or something...?

Yeah some of the calls were fair. Tigers were trying to slow things down when the going was getting tough. In saying that, some of the Storm's tactics were similar when we were getting on top and we didn't get much in return.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:07 am

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:43 am
lets be real its all about cam and billy, even in the paper this morning the whole article was about billy and how bad the storm played very little on how good we were, its a joke.
If you are referring to the article in the Telegraph (I read the cafe's copy of the paper - I wouldn't buy that rag) they said absolutely nothing about how well the Tigers played. In fact they barely mentioned the Tigers at all, it was all about how bad the Storm were. It is possibly the most disgraceful match report I have ever read. It's clear the Telegraph has an agenda against us.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:30 am

fibrodreaming wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:07 am
bp tiger wrote:
If you are referring to the article in the Telegraph (I read the cafe's copy of the paper - I wouldn't buy that rag) they said absolutely nothing about how well the Tigers played. In fact they barely mentioned the Tigers at all, it was all about how bad the Storm were. It is possibly the most disgraceful match report I have ever read. It's clear the Telegraph has an agenda against us.
News ltd and smh articles are really bad today , I believe they are written by Melbourne hacks who nothing about nrl

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:34 am

Gaz and Brandy were genuinely pumped for us. Gaz has really surprised me as a commentator.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:35 am

colmcd wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:02 am
steve-o wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:29 am
I would’ve been fuming at the refs if we lost that. All the calls seemed to be going the Storm’s way. I’ll be interested to see if there is any talk of the penalty count tomorrow
The way triple M coined it is that there are some superstars who get free passes. Thurston in for a shoulder charge.... won't happen. Cam Smith doing his tricks... Won't happen.

When the Storm come up here we have to give it to the refs. I hope Ivan flags before hand this match and how slanted it is, flags how much Smith twists things and then if the refs still pull the same stunts... Our crown gives it to them.

If they make bad decisions like this then we can make it like a soccer game. But Club, Coach, players and fans need to be united. NOTE I am only talking about stupid decisions, not fair calls. It's difficult too as you have a lot of kids and you want to set the right example. Maybe a chant "ref it Fair".
Cleary isn’t the type to play media games.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:36 am

LARDS wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:30 am
fibrodreaming wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:07 am
bp tiger wrote:
News ltd and smh articles are really bad today , I believe they are written by Melbourne hacks who nothing about nrl
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7dc6651f14

This one has the poor old storm getting caned by the refs