GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:13 am
cktiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:10 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:03 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:55 am
Brooks has always had these games in him its just a matter of consistancy week in week out for him something he has been unable to maintain in his career so far...

Hopefully it happens this year not only for him but Wests Tigers as well...
I think GEO that Ivan has instilled much needed confidence in Brooks,its paying dividens for him...
He seems to go better with a steadying influence next to him (never thought I'd say that about Benji).
Wasn't his best game ever but, importantly, he showed he can make the right calls under pressure... something we have all been waiting for.
People bag Anasta, but forget Brooks played his best football with Anasta at 6.
I think that was just because his confidence hadn't yet been completely destroyed by years of being coached by halfwits and having to play alongside dross like Anasta.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:48 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:13 am
cktiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:10 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:03 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:55 am
Brooks has always had these games in him its just a matter of consistancy week in week out for him something he has been unable to maintain in his career so far...

Hopefully it happens this year not only for him but Wests Tigers as well...
I think GEO that Ivan has instilled much needed confidence in Brooks,its paying dividens for him...
He seems to go better with a steadying influence next to him (never thought I'd say that about Benji).
Wasn't his best game ever but, importantly, he showed he can make the right calls under pressure... something we have all been waiting for.
People bag Anasta, but forget Brooks played his best football with Anasta at 6.
I thought he's played his best footy next to Benji.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:53 am

I would stop short of calling him brilliant, but defensively he's improved ten-fold and he's getting gradually better in attack.

He's starting to get a lot better with his pass selection since there's been barely any of those hospital balls to Lawrence and he's starting to realise more and more that his running game given his speed is his strength. The more he takes on tired forwards around the ruck and uses his pace to get on the outside of 2nd rowers to get overlaps, the more effective he'll become. Marshall's organisational skills have also been a huge benefit, he's a much better fit than Lolohea was last year.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:46 am

would love to see him take the line on more, but his defense has improve out of sight, maybe his attack may improve as the season moves on.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:17 am

supercoach wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:12 am
Said it last week, when our previous coach tried to hide Brooks out wide in defence was disastrous, as he he was getting isolated and making a lot of poor reads. Now Cleary has him in the middle or on the edge and he is really tackling well and that flows onto the rest of his game. Certainly having Benji makes a difference
Great point Supercoach , sometimes it is easier to defend in the middle were it is more unlikely you can be isolated

I suggested to another Forum member about at some stage moving Nofoaluma to the forwards , he can't make the bad decisions he does out wide and will rarely get isolated

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:23 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:19 am
I can barely believe how much better his defence is this year. He could always tackle front-on, but his decision making and the way his inside/outside men adjust has been just great.

Yeah tackle on K-Brom was quality, not just cutting him down but roughing him up. Commentators said Twal did it with knees in the back but I reckon Brooks hurt him straight up by dumping him on his side.
That was 100% Brooks tackle and he went to meet him. Seen many other halfbacks defend on their line who wait for the attacking forwards to come to them and get run over the top of.
Not only well executed -gutsy as. Loved it when he gave it to Slater. The signs are good still with a way to go.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:30 pm

Credit where it's due, so far Brooks is going fine, I wonder how much Benji factors into that?

The Benji Brooks thing is looking the goods, I feel for Reynolds but at this stage we don't need him in the 17 at all imo.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:31 pm

His try was a big indicator in where the club is right now. He simply wanted it more and was determined to get over the line.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:01 pm

One of his better games for us. His defence has been solid, that tackle on Bromwich was fantastic. Hope he continues to grow in confidence. Benji being next to him has been a good thing.
:sign:

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:10 pm

His defence was improving last year, and has been strong in the first two rounds. Kicking has improved too - decent high balls last night and has been able to grubber into the in goal. Should have had a kick assist last week for Benji and last night for Kev.

Ivan cleary

Post by Ivan cleary » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:54 pm

the key in brooks I'mprovement is benji fullstop he needs that calm experienced head next to him, if hes not there brooks is going to panic and come up with stupid plays

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 3:41 pm

Just interviewed on abc grandstand.. Missed most the interview but at the end he was asked what fans can expect - we want to be in the game and have a chance to win in the last 10 minutes which showed over the first two rounds.
:sign:

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 3:58 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:50 am
He has earnt the wraps this week. Benji has been great for Brooks.
If you remember Benji played with Brooks in his debut game, even though Benji was in the centre.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:11 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:31 pm
His try was a big indicator in where the club is right now. He simply wanted it more and was determined to get over the line.
When that try happened the commentators mentioned Brooks looked hungrier than Scott (or whoever the Melbourne centre was)than Brooks was up against
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:23 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:11 pm
Yossarian wrote:
When that try happened the commentators mentioned Brooks looked hungrier than Scott (or whoever the Melbourne centre was)than Brooks was up against
Brooks was also the 1st to the ball on the last play of the game when Storm knocked it on...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:23 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Brooks was also the 1st to the ball on the last play of the game when Storm knocked it on...
After Packer also touched it. Could have been an offside penalty if they hadn't knocked on.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:00 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:23 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
After Packer also touched it. Could have been an offside penalty if they hadn't knocked on.
Yeqh masters goal kicking is a worry

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:33 pm

My thinking is Luke will never be the organising half back mostly cause he ain’t got the personality or mindset and you can never change that. Reynolds is the same in my eyes. The x factor has been Benji 2. With both Luke and Brooks supporting him I think we can put together a combination that will be hard to beat. Throw in someone like Gamble if Benji is injured and we still have cover