Eisenhuth and Twal. The new old school rotation.

Pawsandclaws

Re: Eisenhuth and Twal. The new old school rotation.

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:45 am

We need to sign up Eisenhuth and Marsters to long term deals. Describing Eisenhuth as a plodder is really a complement to the way he goes about his business which is low key but consistent and reliable.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:45 am

Defensively strong,
Good Offloads
Very young

I would like to see them both wind up a bit when they run.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:58 am

Eisenhuth a plodder? He's lead our props in metres made 2 weeks running. Makes 25+ tackles a game, barely misses any, makes food metres, quick play the balls and has some decent ball skills for a big guy as well as an offload.

Statistically he's probably been the best prop in the NRL over the first 2 rounds. If not, very close to it.

Twal very similar. Only younger.

I'd go so far as to say we have the best prop depth in the comp this year - considering we have Grant, Sue, Felise and even Aloiai not playing.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:17 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:58 am
Eisenhuth a plodder? He's lead our props in metres made 2 weeks running. Makes 25+ tackles a game, barely misses any, makes food metres, quick play the balls and has some decent ball skills for a big guy as well as an offload.

Statistically he's probably been the best prop in the NRL over the first 2 rounds. If not, very close to it.

Twal very similar. Only younger.

I'd go so far as to say we have the best prop depth in the comp this year - considering we have Grant, Sue, Felise and even Aloiai not playing.
I agree with you and I like how Packer Matt's and Rochow have been the physical enforcement up in the faces of the opposition pack good to see its a great balance but I think to do that all season we will need MCK on the bench as the back and 3 forwards no extra hooker and Reynolds and Marshall as the halfs combination

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 1:05 pm

2017 was a tough year with not many positives, I think we would of ended up with the spoon if these guys were not unearthed during the season as well as Masters.

Look at Twal he is still young and correct me if I am wrong but played no trials and seemed to have no trouble starting the year in good form.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 2:45 pm

Our forwards are the envy of the league and they don't even know it yet.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 2:55 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 1:45 am
It's amazing with the Hoof , you don't see too many late bloomers in this day and age , the only other one I can remember in recent memory was Brenton Lawrence

Great life lesson , don't ever give up on your dreams

Keep kicking butt and taking names men

And Donny Brasco my response is the Twoof or Twuth

Or the big , bad ugly Twuth , it's coming to hand your butt on platter #Twuth

Or even better Jack Nicholson "You can't handle the Twuth"
We have one for normal names showing utmost respect, perfectly fair, we have a twalsenhuith and a twuth which could be used from the abbreviated twalsenhuith when one has consumed too many ambers or when they both pair up for a tackle.
The twuth shall set us free!

These two blokes are rough diamonds, something a few former players could learn from in how to go about your business,
Tigers for 2022!

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 3:34 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 2:45 pm
I agree. Certainly the front row at least, but the backrow have been very handy.

Twal and Eisenhuth seem to have the same output and effectiveness irrespective of the level of opposition. Alex's numbers against the kangaroos in the WC were pretty much his intrust numbers and NRL numbers copy and pasted. Likewise this year is a copy and paste of last year despite the lack of trials.

Calling them plodders basically means the 15 minutes before and after half time aren't important and jack Buchanan types wiuld be good enough, but in the past we lost most games in this period.

If our form changes I would be thinking about starting Twal at 10 or Eisenhuth at 13.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 4:50 pm

I think Felise could be better than both of them and I rate them both highly.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 4:58 pm

Earl wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 4:50 pm
I think Felise could be better than both of them and I rate them both highly.
Forgot to mention he and Rockow.
At this rate with this depth the maggies will be undefeated

barra

Post by barra » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 5:16 pm

Twal is a very strong lad. Opposition struggle to twist him onto his back. And he has a nice little step to get between defenders and they struggle to get a good piece of him in the tackle, the guy must be hard as rock.

I do worry a bit about losing ET to injury considering how badly he was limping at the end of the game. I'm sure Eiso is capable of the job when we have possession but it's the 40+ tackles we need to cover...

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:42 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 3:34 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 2:45 pm
I agree. Certainly the front row at least, but the backrow have been very handy.

Twal and Eisenhuth seem to have the same output and effectiveness irrespective of the level of opposition. Alex's numbers against the kangaroos in the WC were pretty much his intrust numbers and NRL numbers copy and pasted. Likewise this year is a copy and paste of last year despite the lack of trials.

Calling them plodders basically means the 15 minutes before and after half time aren't important and jack Buchanan types wiuld be good enough, but in the past we lost most games in this period.

If our form changes I would be thinking about starting Twal at 10 or Eisenhuth at 13.
I'm taking into account the experience, the potential the depth of similar ability and the blend if youth and experience.

Every other coach, club and it's supporters would love to have on hand that which we do currently.