THANK YOU FORUM

Tarl

THANK YOU FORUM

Post by Tarl » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:13 pm

I've been lurking on this forum for many years now, reading the opinions, laughing at the childish arguments, checking in almost daily. But I just want to say a big thank you to all for the posts on Saturday night.

I live near Darwin and cyclone Marcus knocked out our power on Saturday morning which also meant no water (we're on rainwater) and no reception for some reason, so I had to stand in a corner of my yard to get half a bar of reception. The NRL site would only refresh occasionally. Saw the score jump from 0-6 then suddenly to 8-6 whilst trying to get the kids to sleep in 30-degree heat and no fans. I was still proud of the team for keeping the Storm scoreless for so long but then NRL.com froze and wouldn't update for the last 5 mins.

I was also frantically checking the forum, which loaded relatively quickly and the commentary here was better than Foxsports! I felt like I was watching the game. The comments regarding penalties built the atmosphere. Comments like "Storm are unbeatable with a lead at home" made me nervous. Then... Willow's cryptic "Brooks in." Followed by "YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!"
I was confused, nervous, then, when it became clear we scored I couldn't help shouting certain words regarding certain storm players and laughing manically!

Thank you for making a weird night up there with my two other favourite Tigers moments: 2005 Grand Final and Farah vs Watts at Leichhardt 2009. Power came back last night so watched the replay this morning. Beautiful stuff!

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:19 pm

The beauty of the live-game thread. Glad you were able to keep up with it and also good to hear you were eventually able to enjoy the game mate! Hope your family is safe and sound.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:36 pm

Great post. The live game thread can have a life of its own sometimes.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:39 pm

I miss Golden..the Storm game was made for that guy..

Welcome from out of the Shadows to the Forum Tarl
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:38 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:36 pm
Great post. The live game thread can have a life of its own sometimes.
Was overseas last year when we beat the silvertails.....Was like reading a novel it was with a great ending aswell.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:59 am

Welcome to the Forum Tarl

Hope you enjoyed the win mate , gotta love the heat and the humidity

Be sure to post more often mate , I need some blokes with intelligence on here to deal with the morons like Geo and Hobbo

So Tarl are you a Sydney boy originally , or did Tiger fever strike some other way

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 12:17 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:39 pm

GOLDEN!! YES! :roll :roll

Was the biggest merchant of doom and gloom I've ever seen allowed near a keyboard. (Big call I Know)

Tigers could be 24-0 up, with 10 to go, and If the opposing team scored in the corner, he'd be already rocking back and forth with his thumb in his mouth sobbing...

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Sometimes the Live thread is better viewing than the game TBH.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 12:59 pm

The WT fans on this forum are very fortunate that we do have a site where the fans can come, get some goss and everyone's opinions are respected and expressed. yes, the debates can at times get 'testy' but its always done in a mostly respectful manner.

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 1:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:59 am
Welcome to the Forum Tarl

Hope you enjoyed the win mate , gotta love the heat and the humidity

Be sure to post more often mate , I need some blokes with intelligence on here to deal with the morons like Geo and Hobbo

So Tarl are you a Sydney boy originally , or did Tiger fever strike some other way
Thanks Happy! Originally from Sydney but been up here all my adult life.

I've supported the Tigers since I was a kid watching Elias, Ellery, Roach, etc. My dad was an old Magpies supporter and mum lived in Balmain. When the merge happened it actually united the family.

Will try and post more often, but love reading the comments.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 1:41 pm

underdog wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 12:17 pm
Geo. wrote:

Was the biggest merchant of doom and gloom I've ever seen allowed near a keyboard. (Big call I Know)

Tigers could be 24-0 up, with 10 to go, and If the opposing team scored in the corner, he'd be already rocking back and forth with his thumb in his mouth sobbing...

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Sometimes the Live thread is better viewing than the game TBH.
Who was the guy who called Sheens the Fonz

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 3:08 pm

Bug

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 3:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 3:08 pm
Bug
Cheers Ink

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:41 pm

The gallery of fallen Forum identities... Never have so few talked so much crap...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:55 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:41 pm
The gallery of fallen Forum identities... Never have so few talked so much crap...
Lot of the current ones are not too bad either Yoss (myself included)

You as well , minute you talk politics :D

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:55 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:41 pm
Lot of the current ones are not too bad either Yoss (myself included)

You as well , minute you talk politics :D
Harsh Happy!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:38 pm

underdog wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 12:17 pm
Geo. wrote:

Golden was yeah at 6-0 WT you would not have heard a peep..when Vunivalu scored he'd be there..When Cammy kicked the penalty the sky would be falling season over..nek minnet..Wests Tigers victory...wouldn't be seen again until next time we were behind in a game... :lol: :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:52 pm

Tarl wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:13 pm
I've been lurking on this forum for many years now, reading the opinions, laughing at the childish arguments, checking in almost daily. But I just want to say a big thank you to all for the posts on Saturday night.

I live near Darwin and cyclone Marcus knocked out our power on Saturday morning which also meant no water (we're on rainwater) and no reception for some reason, so I had to stand in a corner of my yard to get half a bar of reception. The NRL site would only refresh occasionally. Saw the score jump from 0-6 then suddenly to 8-6 whilst trying to get the kids to sleep in 30-degree heat and no fans. I was still proud of the team for keeping the Storm scoreless for so long but then NRL.com froze and wouldn't update for the last 5 mins.

I was also frantically checking the forum, which loaded relatively quickly and the commentary here was better than Foxsports! I felt like I was watching the game. The comments regarding penalties built the atmosphere. Comments like "Storm are unbeatable with a lead at home" made me nervous. Then... Willow's cryptic "Brooks in." Followed by "YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!"
I was confused, nervous, then, when it became clear we scored I couldn't help shouting certain words regarding certain storm players and laughing manically!

Thank you for making a weird night up there with my two other favourite Tigers moments: 2005 Grand Final and Farah vs Watts at Leichhardt 2009. Power came back last night so watched the replay this morning. Beautiful stuff!

While nowhere near dramatic i know the feeling, We had tickets to A Day On The Green the night of the Roosters game. The internet was pretty poor but i was able to stand up on the hill and check the forum for updates.

Almost a play by play update, rode it hard.
Its an opinion!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks to everyone who posts on the live game game thread. I often try to but aren’t fast enough with my posts to be relevant.
Some guys on here are so fast and keep up to speed at real time which adds to the excitement.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...