Goal kicking

Post Reply
User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Goal kicking

Post by teddy23 » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:23 pm

Once again goal kicking really sort of lost us the game last night, Masters converts MCK try and we win. Not blaming Masters but we need to have a goal kicker who has experience.

I’m confident this won’t be the first time this year that goal kicking will lose us games....


Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:25 pm

This is the teams biggest issue atm.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:35 pm

I repeat.

Sign Isaako ............ tough little nut, plays anywhere in back line and a goal kicker.
Great composure and attitude for such a young player.

cuzzo
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun 16 May, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by cuzzo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:35 pm

Can I get one pls
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29697
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:39 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:35 pm
I repeat.

Sign Isaako ............ tough little nut, plays anywhere in back line and a goal kicker.
Great composure and attitude for such a young player.
Yep
It's that simple :roll:


User avatar
TSupps05
Member
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by TSupps05 » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:40 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:35 pm
I repeat.

Sign Isaako ............ tough little nut, plays anywhere in back line and a goal kicker.
Great composure and attitude for such a young player.
Would be hard as when he was playing at Cronulla he rung up Brisbane to see if they wanted him just like Benji did with us, he obviously wanted to be up there family, friends ect. But i would take him in a heart-beat.
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:

tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 773
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: South Burnett Qld

Post by tigeress » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:27 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:23 pm
Once again goal kicking really sort of lost us the game last night, Masters converts MCK try and we win. Not blaming Masters but we need to have a goal kicker who has experience.

I’m confident this won’t be the first time this year that goal kicking will lose us games....
Yes I totally agree with this comment teddy23, I'm afraid not having a reliable goal kicker is going to lose games for us. Tui is the best goal kicker we have at the moment, but it seems he is not always going to get picked in the team.

I hope Marsters kicking has improved, or would Benji be a better option :brick:

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 7:27 am

I think Benji over Marsters, but ideally we want Tui in the side. This week will be interesting
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4141
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 8:12 am

kh_canada wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 7:27 am
I think Benji over Marsters, but ideally we want Tui in the side. This week will be interesting
I don’t know if Benji will play a full game with Reynolds in the 17. He was kicking well a few years ago. Haven’t seen him kick of late.
in Ivan we distrust

Clearyweareone
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu 22 Feb, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by Clearyweareone » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 8:45 am

We have Ivan Cleary and Brett Hodgson in our coaching ranks who were both excellent goal kickers.

You would think that either or both could work with Marsters and Marshall to improve their kicking.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7207
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 8:55 am

I hate going into any game without a guy in your team that has a real chance of kicking every shot he gets. Masters missed a sitter against the Bronks, he kicks that goal and Klien would not have got the opportunity to make a blunder. Tui was not great, but he was not horrible either. I guess we just have to have faith in Cleary, he seems to get it right more often than not

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4141
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 9:54 am

Clearyweareone wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 8:45 am
We have Ivan Cleary and Brett Hodgson in our coaching ranks who were both excellent goal kickers.

You would think that either or both could work with Marsters and Marshall to improve their kicking.
Whoever (Ivan/Hodgson..or both) worked with Lolohea over the offseason did a great job. His style has changed from last year and his conversion rate is quite high this season.
As you mentioned. Hopefully they can make improvements with other players.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29873
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 10:07 am

Brett Hodgson works with the goal kickers...

Quadja is nailing them from everywhere..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Bob
Member
Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Bob » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 5:02 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 10:07 am
Brett Hodgson works with the goal kickers...

Quadja is nailing them from everywhere..
Is that drinkwater?

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2714
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 6:12 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 10:07 am
Brett Hodgson works with the goal kickers...

Quadja is nailing them from everywhere..
I still don't get the nickname....
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Post by criwdfluffer » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 6:25 pm

Surely bunji!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29697
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 6:43 pm

Tacky wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 6:12 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 10:07 am
Brett Hodgson works with the goal kickers...

Quadja is nailing them from everywhere..
I still don't get the nickname....
We played Parra in a trial at Alice Springs or darwin a few years back, there were Aboriginal commentators doing the game...Quadja is indeginous for drink water..., they started calling Josh this, something like that

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2714
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 7:01 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 6:43 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 6:12 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 10:07 am
Brett Hodgson works with the goal kickers...

Quadja is nailing them from everywhere..
I still don't get the nickname....
We played Parra in a trial at Alice Springs or darwin a few years back, there were Aboriginal commentators doing the game...Quadja is indeginous for drink water..., they started calling Josh this, something like that
Thanks ink
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Post Reply