Clearys comments

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26526
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Clearys comments

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:48 am

"We all make mistakes, but that's a big one"
I think this was referring to Klein's crap final decision.

Would the NRL have the Kahunas to run salt into our wounds & slap the club with a fine?
Or would they rather the embarrassment of the way the game was decided is not worth more publicity and hope it all goes away quickly


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20137
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:52 am

They wouldn’t have the temerity. Not even the NRL would stoop to that.

User avatar
jrtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by jrtiger » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 2:18 am

Ivan was almost in disbelief that the decision was given. Look at his body language, totally oblivious to how the refs came to that decision. That said, he looked like he was fairly disappointed with our attack.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 4:04 am

That is at least twice we have been beaten by a penalty in golden point. Refs wouldn’t have the balls to call it on a big club. Anyone got any stats on how many golden point games have been decided by a penalty goal? I bet we would be over represented.....it not a coincidence.....it’s bias

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 5:45 am

The NRL cant have their "golden boys"drongos lose on a friday night.Pathetic by Klein


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 7:15 am

Was a bad call however Cleary’s comments were to the point but balanced. No way he gets fined he never attacked the refs integrity or performance as a whole just gave his opinion on one decision when asked.

User avatar
turnstyle
Member
Member
Posts: 2064
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 7:52 am

Cleary continues to impress; his demeanour and pragmatism in this interview is a good representation of both himself and where the club is now at.
Stuart or Toovey may have blown their cool in this presser but not "Icey".

The tigers this year are a different beast to any I've ever seen and even playing terribly are better to watch than they have been in years.

Tough loss but I'm loving being a tigers fan again. ☺️
Image

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 8:09 am

Turnstyle you are so right, not our best game last night but gee we didnt deserve to loose. Hope we bounce back next week.

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1872
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 8:26 am

The penalty was bewildering. Inexcusable.
But our attack is something that really needs to be addressed. I've defended Brooks in the past, but he was awful in the first half. He repeatedly took the wrong option and didn't mount any pressure. We really needed someone to take control of this game when it was there for the taking and no one stood up.

I don't know what the solution is to our attack, but we don't look threatening at all close to the line. We don't look like having anyone who is capable of busting the line from our own end. I wouldn't mind seeing Milne have a shot, but we're lacking genuine pace.

Goal kicking let us down last night and it looks like being a long term issue.

We didn't deserve to lose tonight. Not the way we did. But I'm not convinced we deserved to win either. Like Cleary said a draw was probably a fair result.

Spacecub
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Spacecub » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 8:26 am

We saw a perfect example last night why the nrl needs a strong leader who will punt this golden point into history where it belongs
The AFL dont have that crap....guess thats why they get 90 thousand to a game and league has to give away tickets to get 10 thousand

cuzzo
Member
Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun 16 May, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by cuzzo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:40 pm

I would have been disappointed if he’d said nothing.

I’d reckon he’d be happy to cop a fine to let them know that there accountable.

No comment and the same old keeps happening in my opinion

Well said & tactical Ivan
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26526
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:44 pm

cuzzo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:40 pm
I would have been disappointed if he’d said nothing.

I’d reckon he’d be happy to cop a fine to let them know that there accountable.

No comment and the same old keeps happening in my opinion

Well said & tactical Ivan
Dunno about happy to cop a fine... No one like that.
I agree on him speaking up... Don't get me wrong

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:50 pm

There is nothing wrong with saying a ref made a poor decision.

Questioning the integrity of the refs is the big no no.

Nothing wrong with what he said.

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 4:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:48 am
"We all make mistakes, but that's a big one"
I think this was referring to Klein's crap final decision.

Would the NRL have the Kahunas to run salt into our wounds & slap the club with a fine?
Or would they rather the embarrassment of the way the game was decided is not worth more publicity and hope it all goes away quickly
No

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26526
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 4:36 pm

Fibros wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 4:22 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:48 am
"We all make mistakes, but that's a big one"
I think this was referring to Klein's crap final decision.

Would the NRL have the Kahunas to run salt into our wounds & slap the club with a fine?
Or would they rather the embarrassment of the way the game was decided is not worth more publicity and hope it all goes away quickly
No
Considering they've admitted it was a wrong decision... Yes, we can safely assume there'll be no fine

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 5:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 4:36 pm
Fibros wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 4:22 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:48 am
"We all make mistakes, but that's a big one"
I think this was referring to Klein's crap final decision.

Would the NRL have the Kahunas to run salt into our wounds & slap the club with a fine?
Or would they rather the embarrassment of the way the game was decided is not worth more publicity and hope it all goes away quickly
No
Considering they've admitted it was a wrong decision... Yes, we can safely assume there'll be no fine
So is Klein gonna be dropped for this mistake that cost us 2 or at least 1 competition point? Nooooooo, of course not!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26526
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 5:59 pm

He should be... But they've never been axcountable

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 6:24 pm

Sheens was very selective about commenting on refs, and we tended to have a better run after he took those opportunities to point out facts.

Hope we get the same outcome here.

Post Reply