Lawrence

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5246
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Lawrence

Post by Russell » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:02 am

Tbone wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 6:25 am
Lawrence has the most errors of any second rower in the comp this year. In fact, he has the most errors of any forward in the NRL too.

Brooksy must really have it in for him.
Have we got the numbers on this (like to see them if possible) - or is it just your feeling?


tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2410
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:06 am

I'm sure Lawrence know he has 'Burgess" hands and is working on it....he brings more to the table than he gives away....

User avatar
Tbone
Member
Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 04 Jul, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Tbone » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:18 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:02 am
Tbone wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 6:25 am
Lawrence has the most errors of any second rower in the comp this year. In fact, he has the most errors of any forward in the NRL too.

Brooksy must really have it in for him.
Have we got the numbers on this (like to see them if possible) - or is it just your feeling?
Unfortunately it's true. Hopefully he improves but his handling has never been good. It's just a small sample size so far. I happened to notice when I was looking earlier for Brooks's missed tackle stats (only 7 in 3 games so far - his commitment in defense has been impressive).

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... tBy=errors

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 9:54 am

Tbone wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:18 am
Russell wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:02 am
Tbone wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 6:25 am
Lawrence has the most errors of any second rower in the comp this year. In fact, he has the most errors of any forward in the NRL too.

Brooksy must really have it in for him.
Have we got the numbers on this (like to see them if possible) - or is it just your feeling?
Unfortunately it's true. Hopefully he improves but his handling has never been good. It's just a small sample size so far. I happened to notice when I was looking earlier for Brooks's missed tackle stats (only 7 in 3 games so far - his commitment in defense has been impressive).

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... tBy=errors
Having him defend in the middle has helped enormously. His problem was getting isolated out wide by big edge forwards.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6175
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 10:09 am

Tbone wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:18 am
Russell wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:02 am
Tbone wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 6:25 am
Lawrence has the most errors of any second rower in the comp this year. In fact, he has the most errors of any forward in the NRL too.

Brooksy must really have it in for him.
Have we got the numbers on this (like to see them if possible) - or is it just your feeling?
Unfortunately it's true. Hopefully he improves but his handling has never been good. It's just a small sample size so far. I happened to notice when I was looking earlier for Brooks's missed tackle stats (only 7 in 3 games so far - his commitment in defense has been impressive).

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... tBy=errors
Less errors than Tedesco and same # errors as Corey Thompson! How many pills has Thompson dropped taking a dirty hitup or running a dangerous line?

You are right 3 matches is a small sample site.

But as to his handling across his career, I'd just like someone to produce the stats for previous seasons. NRL stats has gone to hell in 2018 so that's useless now, but anyone please produce handling errors for the team from previous seasons. Happy to be proven that Lawrence is indeed terrible, and it's certainly not his strong suit, but perceptions and reality can vary so greatly in these situations.

I'm not some mad Lawrence defender; I wouldn't be upset if he was dropped. Just looking for a consistent approach when critiquing the players. We lost our first game in close circumstances and surprise surprise, only Lawrence seems to get his own thread because he put down a few passes.


User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 11:37 am

tigerap wrote:
Tue 27 Mar, 2018 8:06 am
I'm sure Lawrence know he has 'Burgess" hands and is working on it....he brings more to the table than he gives away....
Exactly. You can be certain that all the stats, individual and team, get brought up during training every week. Rowdy would be working on this aspect of the game, but it is easier said than done.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Post Reply