Player review

hodgo

Player review

Post by hodgo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 11:49 am

1 thomo- worth every penny played again with heart and above his weight. His kick returns against a tiring line were excellent. Only real mistake was the dropped bomb which was a 50/50 imo.

2 nofo- ran the ball hard looked to get involved alot. However i thought he was poor turned the ball over at inoppurtune times killing what little momentum we were developing. Defence looks to have improved significantly however.

3 marsters- continues to prove that the centre spot is his. Went looking for work played tough defended well.

4 fro- before i start i need to say i have never been a fan. His effort has been excellent and noone can question his attitude. Bounced around alot and did a decent job in all spots. Dont know why but feel its our weak spot even though he has produced this year.

5 mwz- gave ivan a head ache id imagine after leaving the field due to 2 knees in what looked like the kidney. Hard to assess due to his limited time on field . His touch off the kick off was huge though.

6 benji- played tough, orgnised well but due to our errors struggled to really inject himself. The team seems to be well organised at the moment so both he and brooks are being successful there. If i was super critical a few of his kicks late where he went for touch at about thier 40 and failed to find it hurt.

7 brooksy-was huge critic last year but feel he is improving weekly. He was solid again in defence and its great to see his running and kicking game improving. His fg under pressure look cool calm and focused which is huge because i feel he looked feantic alot last year.

8 packer - wow just wow. Worth every penny played the entire first half and was huge. Defensivley filled the gap that ET left. Runs hard and really adds steel to our forward pack. Continues to impress me and spoke well in the presso.

14 killa 9 pita- i will probably cop alot of criticism for this but i feel hooker is our weakest position. The service isnt consistent both have trouble stopping opponents at the line this year, and neither question the opponents with a running game. Both work hard and have a great attitude but im just not sold.

10 Benny- another beast! Didnt feel his impact as much as the first 2 games last night but he still made solid yards with good post contact metres. He hits hard in defense and like packer has been consistently solid. Not bad for a bloke with no knees

11 rowdy- it hurts me to say but he was my worst on ground. You can never question his heart or desire but his hands let him down horribly last night. Much like nofo his drop ball was at real bad times in terms of momentum. Granted there was a bad pass in there but i found myself just hoping he'd catch it when passed to him as opposed to whether he was running a good line etc.

12 rochow- bounced back from a shocker last week. He toiled again last night and thought his running game was much improved on the storm game. I have to admit however with no justification i feel aloai or twal would be better suited starting.

13 huth- i think this bloke has been outstanding. He played well with strong carries and good defence. While its not my place to criticize ivan i feel huth is a big minute player the more he plays the better he goes. 96m running and 36 tackles in 40 mins the kid can play.

15 twal- kids a beast i would argue he is our most consistent performer worked hard when it was tough last night and is an awesome tackler. I actually feel he should start and play larger minutes just not sure how that fits.

16 cheeks- another player i thought was ordinary until this year. I actually think he is playing huge and cant see how he gets pushed out of the team. Looks bigger is running and hitting hard has the makings for the ball running edge back rower i have been screaming for.

17 joshy- bent the line well but another member of the momentum killing group. May be our most impactful forward off the bench but i thiugh he was guilty if trying to much last night needs to just run over fools.

Anyway would love others opinions

Hodgo

barra

Post by barra » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:10 pm

1. Hard to complain about Thomo... although his support play could improve.
2. Nofo needs to concentrate on the simple things - like holding the ball securely
3. Marsters worst game for us. Bad turnover and missed an easy conversion.
4. Fro went well last night.
5. MWZ not the best or the flashiest but solid with a huge heart.
6. Benji needs to get back to taking the line on and being a bit more direct.
7. Vastly improved defence, now to hone the decision making.
8. Farout... massive minutes and massive game from the Packer
9/14. Pita hasn't lived up to trial form and Macca, well what you see is what you get.
10.Big Ben has improved our defence 50% all on his own.
11. Love Rowdy but with hands like flippers he makes me yell a lot.
12. Rochow impressing more and more, great game.
13. Eiso is no ET... but he's as good, just different.
15. Permanent #15 must be made of granite
16. If MCK can improve his 1%ers he'll be definite NRL std
17. Needs more game time to find form.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:14 pm

hodgo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 11:49 am
1 thomo- worth every penny played again with heart and above his weight. His kick returns against a tiring line were excellent. Only real mistake was the dropped bomb which was a 50/50 imo.

2 nofo- ran the ball hard looked to get involved alot. However i thought he was poor turned the ball over at inoppurtune times killing what little momentum we were developing. Defence looks to have improved significantly however.

3 marsters- continues to prove that the centre spot is his. Went looking for work played tough defended well.

4 fro- before i start i need to say i have never been a fan. His effort has been excellent and noone can question his attitude. Bounced around alot and did a decent job in all spots. Dont know why but feel its our weak spot even though he has produced this year.

5 mwz- gave ivan a head ache id imagine after leaving the field due to 2 knees in what looked like the kidney. Hard to assess due to his limited time on field . His touch off the kick off was huge though.

6 benji- played tough, orgnised well but due to our errors struggled to really inject himself. The team seems to be well organised at the moment so both he and brooks are being successful there. If i was super critical a few of his kicks late where he went for touch at about thier 40 and failed to find it hurt.

7 brooksy-was huge critic last year but feel he is improving weekly. He was solid again in defence and its great to see his running and kicking game improving. His fg under pressure look cool calm and focused which is huge because i feel he looked feantic alot last year.

8 packer - wow just wow. Worth every penny played the entire first half and was huge. Defensivley filled the gap that ET left. Runs hard and really adds steel to our forward pack. Continues to impress me and spoke well in the presso.

14 killa 9 pita- i will probably cop alot of criticism for this but i feel hooker is our weakest position. The service isnt consistent both have trouble stopping opponents at the line this year, and neither question the opponents with a running game. Both work hard and have a great attitude but im just not sold.

10 Benny- another beast! Didnt feel his impact as much as the first 2 games last night but he still made solid yards with good post contact metres. He hits hard in defense and like packer has been consistently solid. Not bad for a bloke with no knees

11 rowdy- it hurts me to say but he was my worst on ground. You can never question his heart or desire but his hands let him down horribly last night. Much like nofo his drop ball was at real bad times in terms of momentum. Granted there was a bad pass in there but i found myself just hoping he'd catch it when passed to him as opposed to whether he was running a good line etc.

12 rochow- bounced back from a shocker last week. He toiled again last night and thought his running game was much improved on the storm game. I have to admit however with no justification i feel aloai or twal would be better suited starting.

13 huth- i think this bloke has been outstanding. He played well with strong carries and good defence. While its not my place to criticize ivan i feel huth is a big minute player the more he plays the better he goes. 96m running and 36 tackles in 40 mins the kid can play.

15 twal- kids a beast i would argue he is our most consistent performer worked hard when it was tough last night and is an awesome tackler. I actually feel he should start and play larger minutes just not sure how that fits.

16 cheeks- another player i thought was ordinary until this year. I actually think he is playing huge and cant see how he gets pushed out of the team. Looks bigger is running and hitting hard has the makings for the ball running edge back rower i have been screaming for.

17 joshy- bent the line well but another member of the momentum killing group. May be our most impactful forward off the bench but i thiugh he was guilty if trying to much last night needs to just run over fools.

Anyway would love others opinions

Hodgo
Agree with a lot you say Hodgo with a few extra points.

Still think Thommo is a winger playing full back, commitment and speed good though. A few errors from Nofo but he made the most metres I believe and his defence has improved slightly. Masters is good in defence but failed to break the line at any time. Kev played very well, defence on Roberts was superb and took a lot of hard yards. Benji and Brooks played well - apart from a few errors.

The forwards were all good with a few points - Packer and Matulino were exceptional - Godinet and McIlwrick are just fill ins for Liddle (so can't be too critical - we know their passing game is weak). Rocco was good and Lawrence has copped unfair criticism again - he'll do me. Twal and Huth are great in defence and minutes played but need alot of work making the hard metres I think. Thought Aloiai was underdone in this game. Chee-Kam, whilst he played well and I think will get better - I feel it is the ultimate insight to call him any kind of beast with Packer in the team. Get real Tacky!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:27 pm

1 thomo- worth every penny - Yes

2 nofo- Defence improved significantly however. - Yes

3 marsters- centre spot is his. Yes

4 fro- Teams weak spot even though he has produced this year. - Yes

5 mwz- Does his job without adding much to attack.

6 benji- errors struggled to really inject himself. - yes

7 brooksy- was huge - yes

8 packer - wow just wow. - yes

14 killa 9 pita- hooker is our weakest position. The service is abysmal.

10 Benny- another beast hits hard in defense - yes

11 rowdy- worst on ground. - unfortunately yes.

12 rochow- disagree he was great.

13 huth- good but not outstanding.

15 twal- kids a beast - yes

16 cheeks- he is playing huge - yes

17 joshy- still does not realize how good he could be.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:37 pm

Thompson has to be the buy of the year so far. Reminds me of Brett Howland, the old Sharks winger. I think his lack of height is an advantage when returning the footy. So elusive.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:40 pm

Thompson - 9/10
Nofa - 8/10
Marsters - 7.5/10
Kev - 8/10
MWZ - 7/10
Brooks - 9.5/10
Benji - 8/10
Packer - 9.5/10
Godinet - 7/10
Matulino - 9/10