Parramatta Team...

happy tiger

Re: Parramatta Team...

Post by happy tiger » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 1:13 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 28 Mar, 2018 7:27 pm
People are worried because for the first time this year we're expected to, and should win
That would cover it

Old habits are going to take a while to die

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 7:51 am

wow when was the last time we were favourites to win a game? Round 2 2017? I dont know that's a guess....

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 8:45 am

Maybe the club needs to recruite someone to help change the culture within the fan base. :)

I am nervous about this game where I probably shouldn't be. We have played 3 great games against teams who are strong. This week we face parra who have had a bad start and don't look like bouncing back and I'm more nervous about this game than I was the previous 3.

We are a product of our environment. By the end of this year I'm hoping I'm cured.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 8:59 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 29 Mar, 2018 8:45 am
Maybe the club needs to recruite someone to help change the culture within the fan base. :)

I am nervous about this game where I probably shouldn't be. We have played 3 great games against teams who are strong. This week we face parra who have had a bad start and don't look like bouncing back and I'm more nervous about this game than I was the previous 3.

We are a product of our environment. By the end of this year I'm hoping I'm cured.
I can definitely see where this nervousness comes from , given our history. However if we play the style of game we have been playing , it’s not going to be a football exhibition but it will be too much for Parra to handle.
Our scramble has been next level. Against the Broncos we had 40 missed tackles yet the Bronco had 2 line breaks. Work that out? We had so many bodies around the ball.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 9:06 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 29 Mar, 2018 8:59 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

I can definitely see where this nervousness comes from , given our history. However if we play the style of game we have been playing , it’s not going to be a football exhibition but it will be too much for Parra to handle.
Our scramble has been next level. Against the Broncos we had 40 missed tackles yet the Bronco had 2 line breaks. Work that out? We had so many bodies around the ball.
Easy there were 38 where a player simply dropped off in the tackle but was well contained by the defenvce thus constituting a miss tackle stat and 2 where they got through the line yet again covered by scramble..

stats he gotta love em..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 9:12 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 29 Mar, 2018 8:59 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Yep we generally get up for big games (Cowboys at Leichhardt last season - do well against Melbourne, etc) and generally are disappointing in winnable games. This season has a very different feel about it though. I don't think they will be taking any team lightly.

Clearyweareone

Post by Clearyweareone » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 9:39 am

Every game this year is hard.

How can Manly thrash Parra one week and hold them try less then the next week get thrashed by the bunnies without Reynolds?

Believe we can beat Parramatta in the forwards. I think they are a better team without Hayne. Need to smash Moses and Norman early so they go into their shells. Both confidence players.

Parra on paper have a weak pack.

They are missing Sammie on the wing big time. He was worth at least 2 tries a game.

Jennings and Hayne are playing on pass glories and a shadow of their former selves

barra

Post by barra » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 9:58 am

Ahh the weight of expectation... let's hope the players aren't feeling it as they need to show up with exactly the same attitude as the first couple of rounds.

If they do, we'll win.

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 10:20 am

barra wrote:
Thu 29 Mar, 2018 9:58 am
Ahh the weight of expectation... let's hope the players aren't feeling it as they need to show up with exactly the same attitude as the first couple of rounds.

If they do, we'll win.
This game will answer a lot of questions Imo ... has the team finally turned the losers tag around .. is this team up for the weekly battle , are they going to turn up on Monday and kick the proverbile or will it be like all the other seasons of late and get pumped by a sub standard team.Yes a couple of close wins but Monday will tell the story if things have really changed at Concord.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 10:17 am

No matter the year, no matter the team, we always have struggled against parramatta. Well that's my recollection anyway, so it's only natural for tigers fans to be anxious over this one.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 10:32 am

When does daylight saving end ??

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 10:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 30 Mar, 2018 10:32 am
When does daylight saving end ??
Sunday .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 10:38 am

Think some people are playing the game on paper or computer game.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 11:07 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 30 Mar, 2018 10:17 am
No matter the year, no matter the team, we always have struggled against parramatta. Well that's my recollection anyway, so it's only natural for tigers fans to be anxious over this one.
Head-to-head: Tigers 14 wins, Eels 20 wins, 3 draws

They have won more but i'ts not Rorter like...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Milky

Post by Milky » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 11:45 am

The EELS are a confidence team. All they need is one win to get them going and that win hopefully won't be against us.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Sat 31 Mar, 2018 11:53 am

I don't care if we win it would be nice I just want the team to respect the ball and play for the full 80 the rest will take care of it self I want effort on effort show pride in the Jersey and the fans will be proud

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 01 Apr, 2018 3:35 pm

The Queen wrote:
Sat 31 Mar, 2018 11:53 am
I don't care if we win it would be nice I just want the team to respect the ball and play for the full 80 the rest will take care of it self I want effort on effort show pride in the Jersey and the fans will be proud
mmm.
Id like a win

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Apr, 2018 3:38 pm

I wanna win too