Nothing’s changed still a heart attack

The Old Fox

Re: Nothing’s changed still a heart attack

Post by The Old Fox » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:08 am

Para turned their intensity dial up to 10 and went home traumatised 0 from 4 with their tails between their legs.. The Tigers played on a 7 and in the end had a soft win.. The Storm, Rorters and Broncos all were losers last week end..they can't bust their guts every week, we need these type of wins where it doesn't tax us too much and we get the points.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:14 am

cktiger wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 7:05 pm
TIGER wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm
My suspicion was confirmed today, our defence isn't as good as everyone thinks it is but it's way better than it has been in past years.
We we're lucky we played Parra today, I think we probably lose against a better side.
Made some really bad mistakes at crucial times to let them into the game, Benji and Kevie I'm looking at you
We can't afford to make these avoidable errors and put ourselves under unnecessary pressure while giving teams an opportunity that they didn't earn.
A glimpse of the Tigers of old reared it's ugly head in that second half, which is a bit of a concern.
Happy we come away with the two points, not sure how long we can continue to play like this and win games though.
The lazy pass from Benji cost us a try as did the poor play the ball by Kev (although at first glance I thought we might get that penalty).
Without those two mistakes Parra wouldn't have got close.
When Mitch M missed one or two goal kicks when on 16-30 points he sealed their fate. He helped them in one try but lost 3 times that many for them.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:33 am

I think a lot of my forum friends are missing the point a bit....Our team has had 3 of the biggest favourites to make the finals this year in the 3 opening games...in my books we beat them all,except the Broncs game should have been our 2 pts..just remember and go back to the discussions during the pre season and many had our team in bottom 4 rankings,we are a team of fringe fgers and journeymen,we wont compete with the classy sides of the comp etc,etc.
I think that the culture,attitude and positivity instilled in this side this year is by far the biggest improvement in this team..Ivan has turned this team completely around and the results so far are on the board...sure they went off the rails a bit against the Eels,but remember they have had probably the toughest draw first up ever with a completely different side that hasn't played together ....
I don't see any negativity toward the team and say they are going downhill over a couple of mistakes...I'm saying they will improve even more after that game,and upset a fair few more teams along the way,if they lose a game so be it,I bet they will give their all if they do...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:40 am

I don't expect us to win every game, don't think anyone's thinking that unrealistically....
I'll keep banging on about stringing 2 & 3 wins together here and there throughout the year and hopefully the losses are followed quickly by another win... Happy days if we can do this

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:41 am

supercoach wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 7:43 pm
It was very hot and humid out there today, I think we ran out of gas
Yes and also very few penalties compared to the first 3 games, so there is much less stop start.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:44 am

dazza65 wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 7:51 pm
My god.....
At the start of the year, you’d have given your left nut to 3/4 (really should have been 4/4) let’s enjoy while it’s sunny........ however long it lasts....
Geez, you’re a committed fan Dazza. I’m very passionate about the Tigers but I’m not sure I’d give up a nut for early season success. I’ve got a couple of lovely kids and have had the snip so I’d give up a nut for a premiership.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

barra

Post by barra » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 9:34 am

matchball wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 7:09 pm
cktiger wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 7:05 pm
TIGER wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm
My suspicion was confirmed today, our defence isn't as good as everyone thinks it is but it's way better than it has been in past years.
We we're lucky we played Parra today, I think we probably lose against a better side.
Made some really bad mistakes at crucial times to let them into the game, Benji and Kevie I'm looking at you
We can't afford to make these avoidable errors and put ourselves under unnecessary pressure while giving teams an opportunity that they didn't earn.
A glimpse of the Tigers of old reared it's ugly head in that second half, which is a bit of a concern.
Happy we come away with the two points, not sure how long we can continue to play like this and win games though.
The lazy pass from Benji cost us a try as did the poor play the ball by Kev (although at first glance I thought we might get that penalty).
Without those two mistakes Parra wouldn't have got close.
Liddle foward pass resulted in a Parramatta try.
Benji forward pass resulted in another try.
Kevs lazy play the ball resulted in another try.

All in the space of 11 mins.
Yep, that's what the bottom line sounded like on the radio which I think was the OP's point. Also scathing of Tui, too.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 10:00 am

Either way you look at it wasn’t a good way to finish a game ..... especially going into a game with the premiers. I was glad we got the two but hope we learn a lesson from it tho.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 10:14 am

BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 7:38 pm
Who makes this nrl draw ? Why are we playing the storm again ? After 3 weeks ? Noticed eels panthers play again too

God the nrl draw a joke storm don’t lose back to back games either
Mate, change your name. You're NOT black and gold forever. There is NO " forever" about you at all.
You are a pessimistic, whining piece of work.
Unless you actually are a Parra fan having a troll, pull your head in and enjoy the fact we are top 4.
We have beaten 3 of last year's top 4, and should have had a draw against the other one.
If you can't see anything but positives in that, then go and take up knitting.
FFS, if someone gave you 5 million dollars, you'd probably whine and moan that you'd have to pay 2 million in tax, then have to drive all the way to the bank . . . find a parking spot . . . wait in line at the bank, then have to do all that thinking about what interest rate is best.

Some people :roll:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 10:43 am

BodhiTiger wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 8:33 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 6:39 pm
I think today was an attitude test and we failed, but very happy with the win.

I think the fans of all top 7 team should be pretty pleased with their sides, with exception of the storm, and we are ightfully fourth behind 3 teams who have started very welll. So apart from me being a bit disappointed with the fade, I'm pretty chuffed overall.
Like crap we failed. Check out the score.

The two late tries scored by Parra were a direct result of two glaring errors by Wests. First, Benji tries to pass the ball and it slips out of his hands. Not his fault but still.

The second was Kevin N trying to get a quick play the ball when we are leading by heaps. He ends up facing the sideline and plays the ball. Just dumb.

Parramatta were never going to win that game. Full stop.

Well played boys.

:master: :master:
Holy s*** OMT, you come out with some sense on here, then this! Really brother? Take a breathe and enjoy the ride! :D
Sure that you haven't mixed up the posts there Bodhi?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 11:00 am

old man tiger wrote:
Mon 02 Apr, 2018 7:56 pm
magpiecol wrote:
old man tiger wrote:

I think the fans of all top 7 team should be pretty pleased with their sides, with exception of the storm, and we are ightfully fourth behind 3 teams who have started very welll. So apart from me being a bit disappointed with the fade, I'm pretty chuffed overall.

The two late tries scored by Parra were a direct result of two glaring errors by Wests. First, Benji tries to pass the ball and it slips out of his hands. Not his fault but still.

The second was Kevin N trying to get a quick play the ball when we are leading by heaps. He ends up facing the sideline and plays the ball. Just dumb.

Well played boys.

Do you have a 10 word reading limit?
Did you miss the bit where I said how happy I was. I'm far from a negative poster, and have stated repeatedly this is the best period I think we've every played. Nonetheless that wasn't as good a feeling as the first two wins for me.

Despite all the good news, I don't think we achieved the goals we would have set for ourselves today, and it's ok to acknowledge that. I think the the coaching staff and players would feel they have just as much to work on as yesterday, if not more. But carry on...
Obviously missed the last dozen or so words and most of the middle as well. Though, making "glaring errors" where somehow nobody is at fault and playing in a manner that is "just dumb", seem to register as pass mark.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 11:06 am

formerguest wrote:
Tue 03 Apr, 2018 11:00 am
old man tiger wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
old man tiger wrote:

Well played boys.

Did you miss the bit where I said how happy I was. I'm far from a negative poster, and have stated repeatedly this is the best period I think we've every played. Nonetheless that wasn't as good a feeling as the first two wins for me.

Despite all the good news, I don't think we achieved the goals we would have set for ourselves today, and it's ok to acknowledge that. I think the the coaching staff and players would feel they have just as much to work on as yesterday, if not more. But carry on...
Obviously missed the last dozen or so words and most of the middle as well. Though, making "glaring errors" where somehow nobody is at fault and playing in a manner that is "just dumb", seem to register as pass mark.
It's ok mate I unfriended him on Facebook.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 11:26 am

old man tiger wrote:
Tue 03 Apr, 2018 11:06 am
formerguest wrote:
Tue 03 Apr, 2018 11:00 am
old man tiger wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Well played boys.

It's ok mate I unfriended him on Facebook.

:lol: BLOCKED...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 11:28 am

While you want your side to close out matches we aren't the finished article just yet. We still have a lot of work to do and our fade out in the last 20 just re-enforces to Ivan and the squad that we still have a long way to go if we want to stay a top 4/8 side.

In the long term it's a good thing, and as Ivan said our fade away didn't cost us the 2 points, so it's a lesson learned in a win which is a bonus. If we can learn to grind out matches and stay focused even when we have a big lead that will put us in a really good position come the end of the season.