Your side to take on Manly

stevied

Re: Your side to take on Manly

Post by stevied » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:32 am

Sticking to Ivan's mantra, form should be the guide, not reputation. So therefore;
1. Felise 2. Sue 3. Grant

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:05 am

Be interesting the team sheet this arvo.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:12 am

tigertye wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 10:46 pm
Naiqama and MWZ have been going fairly well defensively but I seriously think we need a bit of punch in our backline in attack.

I’d be looking at a team like this (assuming Packer will be out)

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Marsters
4. Fonua
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Eisenhuth
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Rochow
13. Taylor

14. Reynolds
15. Grant/Sue
16. Twal
17. Aloiai

Nofo, Fonua and Marsters would be like extra forwards out there. Reynolds to be eased in for 20-30mins to add some spark out of dummy half or float around at lock in attack.
Hang on.. you've moved Thompson to left wing to accommodate Nofo? No way.
And Fonua has been defensively flawed in ISP and will be a huge liability against Manly.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:00 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:54 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:30 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:01 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 8:19 pm

Gee there are some hard markers here Tui has just come back from a knee injury, most probably not fully fit.
We are 4-1 should have been 5-0, and still people have the knives out.
If it was 0-5 I'd agree about changes, Ivan is loyal to the players that are having a dig.
It's all about the team.
:brick:
x 2 BT

Without Tui's football smarts we don't get the seven tackle set and don't get into position for the field goal

Tui's hitting his shots at goal like a machine as well

One of the 1st blokes picked

X3

Our whole team has been great. How can you not have Tui? Dumbest comment I have heard in my life.

Unfortunately I can’t fit Reynolds or Nofa in my 17. Who replaces Packer now he’s out?
Hey Donald haven't seen many tweets about Brooks or Lawrence..

Tim Grant is next in line then Sauaso Sue..
Just like the 851 Krammer poster has gone all quite after calling for Brook's head.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:40 am

If ET is fit Eiso will move to prop. We have Mats, Eiso, (bench) Aloai, Twal as the prop rotation. MCK can cover any position in the second row with Reynolds coming in for Goodinet on the bench and Liddle starting.

If MWZ has s injured Nofa straight swap he can play left side it’s not that hard.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:51 am

Geo. wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 8:19 pm

Gee there are some hard markers here Tui has just come back from a knee injury, most probably not fully fit.
We are 4-1 should have been 5-0, and still people have the knives out.
If it was 0-5 I'd agree about changes, Ivan is loyal to the players that are having a dig.
It's all about the team.
:brick:
x 2 BT

Without Tui's football smarts we don't get the seven tackle set and don't get into position for the field goal

X3

Our whole team has been great. How can you not have Tui? Dumbest comment I have heard in my life.

Unfortunately I can’t fit Reynolds or Nofa in my 17. Who replaces Packer now he’s out?

Brooks and Rowdy have been outstanding haven’t they? Full credit to them. I wanted them gone for a long time. Good on them.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:30 am

With not knowing the extent of our injuries ..... it’s difficult to pick ..... but with Packer definitely out my side would be:

1. Lolohea
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Chee Kam
5. MWZ
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Eisenhuth
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Rochow
13. Taylor

14. Reynolds
15. Grant
16. Twal
17. Aloiai

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:41 am

Donald Trump wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:51 am
Geo. wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

x 2 BT

X3

Brooks and Rowdy have been outstanding haven’t they? Full credit to them. I wanted them gone for a long time. Good on them.
Good response Donald. Go the Tigers. The go forward and defence by our middle players has made such a difference this year. The halves and edge players have been able to go on the front foot rather than plugging gaps.
The opposition halves this year are having nightmares about Rochow and Lawerence coming at them.
There is talk today that the Storm may drop Croft after the job Lawerence did on him. I don’t think they will it could shatter the young player.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Dr Ice

Post by Dr Ice » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:25 am

To minimise disruptions, I would leave the bench the same as they have been providing great impact.

Sue, Grant or Felise straight into the starting line-up to replace Packer. I would probably go with Sue. He should play less minutes than Packer usually would, but still best to start with him.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:36 am

A few things to note,

1. We don't know how many injuries there are from the Storm game.
2. Some of the packs people are naming are way too small. You can't replace a prop with a backrower.
3. I'd really like to see Felise given a shot. Especially after that Cowboys trial game.
4. MCK isn't a center. Ivan pretty much confirmed this when he moved Rowdy to center against the Donks.
5. If Reynolds is back, Godinet shouldn't be in the team. Liddle to 9, Reynolds to the bench.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 1:05 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:41 am
Donald Trump wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:51 am
Geo. wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

X3

Good response Donald. Go the Tigers. The go forward and defence by our middle players has made such a difference this year. The halves and edge players have been able to go on the front foot rather than plugging gaps.
The opposition halves this year are having nightmares about Rochow and Lawerence coming at them.
There is talk today that the Storm may drop Croft after the job Lawerence did on him. I don’t think they will it could shatter the young player.
I’m concerned about the loss of Packer. He has been outstanding.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 1:59 pm

Closer it gets to team list the more i think Sue comes in.

Has the muscle to replace Packer and has been very unlucky not to get a run.
Its an opinion!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 2:31 pm

I think Godinet was overplaying his hand in the storm game because he knew Reynolds could be back this week. Didn't work out and I think he will miss out to MM or Reynolds if fit.

This means Reynolds will need to play some hooker and that didn't look to good in the trials. Hopefully he has been working on it, I am sure he has.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 3:45 pm

to be honest reynolds needs at least 2-3 weeks in the ISP to get match fit, it would be so unfair to what the team and the current players have achieved,. to give him a jersey after sitting on the side line for 5 weeks. and there is no way he should dislodge benji while he is playing so well, always go back to the tried and tested formula dont change a winning team.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 3:50 pm

Some interesting selections coming
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 3:58 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 3:50 pm
Some interesting selections coming
Cough it up ;)
Its an opinion!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 3:59 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:36 am

4. MCK isn't a center. Ivan pretty much confirmed this when he moved Rowdy to center against the Donks.
If he gets picked at centre guess what? He'll be a centre. Just because that happened in a particular injury-enforced situation in a single match doesn't mean it's the coach's thinking for all time.