foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:56 pm

Blackpearl wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:00 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:55 pm
How good is picking a side in form and dropping players if standard isn't maintained ?

Tui goal kicking vs Parra was unreal and the winner vs the Roosters :master: but i i find him a bit slow at the back and lacks the ability of knowing when to chime in an attacking play.
Thompson best position is Fullback goal kicking will be a problem without Tui but no complaints with Ivan's call.
Depth is keeping everyone on there toes and pushing each other to perform...hence why we are going great and so are the Maggies.

I told you guys Luke Brooks would come good :lol:
Welcome back and well said..

You can be 2IC of the Brooks Fan Club.. :lol:
Good to see you back on the forum and pushing the Brooks barrow
Ivan and benji have helped improve his game in leaps and bounds
King Brooks Gents :D

It's no coincidence Brooks game started improving when Moses left, Ivan has simplified his game and has allowed him to play the more dominant role.
His defence has improved out of site and his short game is improving, our forwards are winning the ruck and making solid metres
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:07 pm

some interesting selections, Godinet is not much of a surprise, but Tui was a bit. Here's hoping Nofo plays well defensively and takes out his lack of 1st grade on Manly with some big runs.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:27 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:22 pm
stevied wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:01 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
LOVE IT

Liddle to start makes a huge difference.

Tui was exposed by Cam Smith.

great to see McQueen getting close and also respect to Gamble for never not being named in the 21.
McQueen has done nothing in ISP to deserve a promotion.

Thats your opinion. Ive watched some games and can see the class and see steady improvement.
X2

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:30 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:26 pm
krayola wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:20 pm
lol lol lol Mats and Packer have formed a far more devastating combo than anyone we've had since 2011...yeah, Mats drops the ball a bit but that's about it. The team's defensive stats seem to be just fine with him on the field and that game winning try assist against Melbourne is a nice bonus. Some very short memories on here want Jack Buchanan and Woodsy to come back apparently.
Please, anyone but Buchanan!
Lol, geez I thought I’d wiped him from my memory. What an era.. :|

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:38 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:27 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:22 pm
stevied wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:01 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
LOVE IT

Liddle to start makes a huge difference.

Tui was exposed by Cam Smith.

great to see McQueen getting close and also respect to Gamble for never not being named in the 21.
McQueen has done nothing in ISP to deserve a promotion.

Thats your opinion. Ive watched some games and can see the class and see steady improvement.
X2
Yep x 3

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:40 pm

What I'm looking forward to the most is the thread next Monday, if Tui doesn't play and we lose the game by a missed conversion or two.

It's a mistake from some posters to only look at his metres last week and say 46 isn't enough. I haven't even seen anyone analyse (if possible) the number of carries he had.

Just FYI in 3 matches, Tui has averaged 94 run metres which is 7th in the team, but more than MWZ, Mats, Packer, ET, Lawrence, Brooks, MCK. He has had 36 runs (12 per match av.) for 284 m = 7.89 m per carry av. Thommo on the other hand (our leading metre-gainer) has 5 matches, 76 runs, 641 m = 15 runs per match for 8.43 m per carry.

Not really that much of a difference except that Thommo takes an extra 3 runs for an extra half-metre each, but he's also scored a long-range try.

Also interesting that Tui is 14th in average run metres for all NRL fullbacks, but ahead of Flash Gordon, Billy Slater, Darius, Cotric, Bevan French. He is 1m behind Mbye, 2m behind Dugan, 3m behind Hampton and 4m behind Valentine Holmes.

Anyhow, rather than speculate why Tui was relegated, because Ivan won't state the reason explicitly in public I don't expect, I'm happy to consider this as evidence that there are high standards, and even a winning team can be changed. People used to whinge about lack of accountability at WT, so even if you can't guess why Tui was dropped, that is what accountability can look like.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:45 pm

Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly.

Ivan wouldn't drop payers unless he wants more from them given we are 4-1.

I think its great.

krayola

Post by krayola » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:02 pm

Tacky wrote:
krayola wrote:
lol lol lol Mats and Packer have formed a far more devastating combo than anyone we've had since 2011...yeah, Mats drops the ball a bit but that's about it. The team's defensive stats seem to be just fine with him on the field and that game winning try assist against Melbourne is a nice bonus. Some very short memories on here want Jack Buchanan and Woodsy to come back apparently.
Right?! Seriously, I remember him starting our first game against the Knights in 2013 and me thinking we were in a lot of trouble for that year. Turned out that was his best game for us...and we lost by 40 :D
One of my sources is Pascoe

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:03 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:40 pm
What I'm looking forward to the most is the thread next Monday, if Tui doesn't play and we lose the game by a missed conversion or two.

It's a mistake from some posters to only look at his metres last week and say 46 isn't enough. I haven't even seen anyone analyse (if possible) the number of carries he had.

Just FYI in 3 matches, Tui has averaged 94 run metres which is 7th in the team, but more than MWZ, Mats, Packer, ET, Lawrence, Brooks, MCK. He has had 36 runs (12 per match av.) for 284 m = 7.89 m per carry av. Thommo on the other hand (our leading metre-gainer) has 5 matches, 76 runs, 641 m = 15 runs per match for 8.43 m per carry.

Not really that much of a difference except that Thommo takes an extra 3 runs for an extra half-metre each, but he's also scored a long-range try.

Also interesting that Tui is 14th in average run metres for all NRL fullbacks, but ahead of Flash Gordon, Billy Slater, Darius, Cotric, Bevan French. He is 1m behind Mbye, 2m behind Dugan, 3m behind Hampton and 4m behind Valentine Holmes.

Anyhow, rather than speculate why Tui was relegated, because Ivan won't state the reason explicitly in public I don't expect, I'm happy to consider this as evidence that there are high standards, and even a winning team can be changed. People used to whinge about lack of accountability at WT, so even if you can't guess why Tui was dropped, that is what accountability can look like.
He had 21 possessions (which includes things like him catching the field goal attempt):
- 6 runs for 51 metres, of which there were 2 kick returns for 20 metres
- He passed 11 times
- He kicked once
- He was tackled a total of 8 times

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:10 pm

jirskyr wrote:

Luckily stats don't win football games...

Like they don't take in the fact the quality of the runs ....you would hope that a fullback would be ahead of a Prop in run metres considering they often get a free 10-15m on kick returns...or a back rower making dirty yards...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:11 pm

jirskyr wrote:

Awesome post
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:15 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:49 pm
This team will change by the weekend.
Tell us more Col...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:22 pm

Nofo is there for his yardage game because Packer is out takes the ball up like a extra forward and his kick returns

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:26 pm

krayola wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:02 pm
Tacky wrote:
krayola wrote:
Right?! Seriously, I remember him starting our first game against the Knights in 2013 and me thinking we were in a lot of trouble for that year. Turned out that was his best game for us...and we lost by 40 :D
Corey Patterson, Kyle Lovett, Adam Blair, Joel Edwards, Brendan Santi.... And thats just the last couple of years, the list goes on and on. We look so much better right now.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 12:15 am

dazza65 wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:36 pm
Besides the other posters comments, Nofa is a huge metre eater and tackle buster so adds that in absence of packer
An odd reason, though I was also thinking that as part of the reasoning, because we have not had much need for those metres thus far.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 3:47 am

jirskyr wrote:

Go beyond the stats and I think the reason for Tui not being there this week is largely due to his non-existent support play. Thompson does trail through the ruck, looking for the offload and second phase play, Tui has not been doing this and I think with Liddle starting, Reynolds on the bench, Sue on the bench...we'll be playing Manly through the middle and we've got some forwards who don't mind offloading so I think Thompson is the best choice here.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 6:36 am

I know it's been said before, but Tui could have been dropped due to his injury, not being 100% and looking a little stiff. Yeah, he's named in ISP, but that's exactly the place to come back from an injury when you're not up for FG standard. He's not still injured so it's not like he's risking anything by playing, he's just not up to IC standard.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire