WESTS Tigers Team V Manly

criwdfluffer

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Manly

Post by criwdfluffer » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:36 pm

Ivan I love you. Thompson is clearly the best fb option. And nofa the wing.

Lot of negativity on here but that side looks great to me.

We will smash the sea vermin!

Post by 851 » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:37 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:57 pm
Snake wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:17 pm
DCE and Turbo are smiling Nofoaluma is back thanks Ivan .
I know bit like when Cammy and Addo-Carr were licking their lips Rd 2..

What is Ivan thinking...
:roll
Go hard or go home

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:39 pm

TIGER wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm
- Tui was a lead weight last week, not sure he's 100% fit, looks sluggish kind of happy he's been dropped.
- Happy to see Reynolds for the first time but also a bit nervous about the disruption the whole Liddle Reynolds thing might add.
- Hand Benji the kicking boots, he's full of confidence he'll be fine.
- Not sure if no one else thinks the same or maybe too afraid to say it but it's time for Matulino to kick into another gear, he's been a bit of a letdown for me so far.
Not saying he's been terrible but I expected a bit more, I thought some of his D last week was pretty poor.
Here's his chance to fill Packers void.

Don't know how I feel about this week, for some strange reason it's the least confident I've felt so far (not that it matters one iota how I feel)
Tiger I think mats just needs time on the park. He had a couple of massive seasons and peaked at the right time

Agree with the Benji comment re goalkicking

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:39 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:03 pm
Tui's fitness is fine. He's fat, so he must be unfit :roll:
Whether it’s fitness or not, he’s too slow at the moment. Watch Thompson in the last 10 mins, still sprinting at the line while Tui is jogging to the line.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:55 pm
How good is picking a side in form and dropping players if standard isn't maintained ?

Tui goal kicking vs Parra was unreal and the winner vs the Roosters :master: but i i find him a bit slow at the back and lacks the ability of knowing when to chime in an attacking play.
Thompson best position is Fullback goal kicking will be a problem without Tui but no complaints with Ivan's call.
Depth is keeping everyone on there toes and pushing each other to perform...hence why we are going great and so are the Maggies.

I told you guys Luke Brooks would come good :lol:
Welcome back and well said..

You can be 2IC of the Brooks Fan Club.. :lol:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:50 pm

I like this squad. Can't fault any of the selections.

Also, Noffa in to take 2 intercepts again?
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:50 pm

Good side.

Nofo, Thompson and MWZ will hopefully make 300m between them coming out of our own half. If our pack can hold them as well then we are in with a good shot.

I'm worried about this game. In a different way to the others.

Something is just not sitting right maybe, it's just the last few years that have left me scard or I wonder if the team put so much effort into getting through then first 5 weeks that they may drop their gaurds. I'm sure IC will get them ready for it and if we play like we have been then I'm still cheering regardless of outcome.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:59 pm

I'm surrounded by Manly wankers at work so I hope we kill them.
Plus this week we are everyone's second team cause we are playing Manly.

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:59 pm

Sabre wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:12 pm
Would prefer Grant in the 17 over Sue.
Would prefer Felise. Form in ISP has been better than Sue or Grant.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:00 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:55 pm
How good is picking a side in form and dropping players if standard isn't maintained ?

Tui goal kicking vs Parra was unreal and the winner vs the Roosters :master: but i i find him a bit slow at the back and lacks the ability of knowing when to chime in an attacking play.
Thompson best position is Fullback goal kicking will be a problem without Tui but no complaints with Ivan's call.
Depth is keeping everyone on there toes and pushing each other to perform...hence why we are going great and so are the Maggies.

I told you guys Luke Brooks would come good :lol:
Welcome back and well said..

You can be 2IC of the Brooks Fan Club.. :lol:
Good to see you back on the forum and pushing the Brooks barrow
Ivan and benji have helped improve his game in leaps and bounds
I dislike sowfs immensely

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:01 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
LOVE IT

Liddle to start makes a huge difference.

Tui was exposed by Cam Smith.

great to see McQueen getting close and also respect to Gamble for never not being named in the 21.
McQueen has done nothing in ISP to deserve a promotion.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:22 pm

stevied wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:01 pm
The Patriot wrote:
LOVE IT

great to see McQueen getting close and also respect to Gamble for never not being named in the 21.

Thats your opinion. Ive watched some games and can see the class and see steady improvement.
Its an opinion!

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:25 pm

they cannot be serious, even after 10 pints coyotes would sound better :crazy

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:32 pm

I think Ivan has pulled the right strings. I'm a big fan of Tui, mainly for what he did at the Warriors in 2016, but I think moving Thompson back to fullback gives us more potency in attack. There's no doubt that adding Nofo will give us more strike power coming out of our end and the back line, overall looks more penetrative. However, it's obvious the moves were more about dropping Tui than promoting Nofo as I haven't noticed much improvement in David's defense in ISP. I also think that J.J. Felise was more deserving of a promotion than either Sue or Grant but obviously experience won out. I agree with many others that Benji is by far the best option as a goal kicking alternative. However, I can't agree with others who say they feel the most nervous about the result of this game. After the Parra matchup, this is the one I feel most confident about. Our defense is stellar and we've won four out of five, including two against the premiers!
Last edited by stevied on Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:39 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:22 pm
stevied wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:01 pm
The Patriot wrote:
LOVE IT

Thats your opinion. Ive watched some games and can see the class and see steady improvement.
Of course that's my opinion. It's what the forum's for. I'll qualify my comment. He looks slow and ineffective with the ball, doesn't bend the line and has dropped the ball on numerous occasions. There are others far more deserving of a promotion, especially when we need forwards who can be damaging in attack, not more honest toilers. I will concede that his defense has been good though. and he is slowly improving.

krayola

Post by krayola » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:20 pm

lol lol lol Mats and Packer have formed a far more devastating combo than anyone we've had since 2011...yeah, Mats drops the ball a bit but that's about it. The team's defensive stats seem to be just fine with him on the field and that game winning try assist against Melbourne is a nice bonus. Some very short memories on here want Jack Buchanan and Woodsy to come back apparently.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:26 pm

krayola wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:20 pm
lol lol lol Mats and Packer have formed a far more devastating combo than anyone we've had since 2011...yeah, Mats drops the ball a bit but that's about it. The team's defensive stats seem to be just fine with him on the field and that game winning try assist against Melbourne is a nice bonus. Some very short memories on here want Jack Buchanan and Woodsy to come back apparently.
Please, anyone but Buchanan!
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:34 pm

The Patriot wrote:
LOVE IT

Agree, Tui's defence is poor and on the attack he only made 48 mtr