Expectations....

OzLukeH

Expectations....

Post by OzLukeH » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:45 pm

I am, like all of us, having a great time watching my Tigers put in and play tough every week. But therein lies a problem which has slowly been building up, and it was the same problem that I had when we were pushing finals footy back in the might Gareth Ellis days.....

The fear of losing is overtaking the joy of winning.....

I look at this Manly game and think to myself we should get the two points whereas with the storm game, I really didn't have much hope for a repeat. Manly aren't on the same planet as the storm when it comes to player lists, but they still managed to rack up 50 against the eels.

The great start to the season has given me the expectation that we will win, but the fear of losing has surpassed it as I read the team sheets.

But then again, it's footy and maybe I'm overthinking these things. I do have to say it's better than thinking we will lose every week.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:53 pm

I get you. When were ordinary at least we know we don't have a chance to make finals. Now though we do so it makes every game more exciting.

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:08 pm

My only expectation is to see continued effort and attitude win or lose i love they way we have been playing.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:28 pm

This is a danger game as we have our two best fwds out & trialling a new 9 and halves setup. Manly have some serious strike power.

tiger85

Post by tiger85 » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:31 pm

hoping for the best. expecting the worst. biggest shake up to the team all year this round. i hope no matter the result this 17 put in the same effort as the first 5 rounds
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:49 pm

I guess this is the price we pay for being competitive. Get used to it.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm

Even though we are winning and winning tough...we must understand that a loss may not be to far away,keep up the attitude and the willingness to play for each other give us the chance not to lose to many...
It is a game and injuries,bad calls and errors have been the downfall of many a great team...just enjoy the wins and the fantastic ride we are on...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:04 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm
Even though we are winning and winning tough...we must understand that a loss may not be to far away,keep up the attitude and the willingness to play for each other give us the chance not to lose to many...
It is a game and injuries,bad calls and errors have been the downfall of many a great team...just enjoy the wins and the fantastic ride we are on...
The most pleasing thing for me is the effort shown by all the players that are representing us .
They are busting a gut for there mate and Ivan , a never say die attitude and if that equals a loss well you can't ask for more if the effort is there to see.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:29 pm

My take on us and Manly....

The first part of the second half last week the storm were huge, their effort lifted ten fold, we couldn't get in their half and they looked threatening. Nearly every team in the comp loses that game in that period against a team with Smith and Slater. Smith even moved to first receiver to cover for Croft's lost confidence.

We held them, we got one set and we run on the last and score, they were never beating us then.

Manly would have lost that game because they come in and out of the tough parts of games, but if you get on the backfoot against them look out.

If you make them play tough to beat you then there is a good chance they buckle, like a couple of their games this year. But if you help them out too much they will smash you, the twin turbos, their no 9 and DCE are a notch up on anything we have faced this year (in terms of form, not class) and this is a chance to see if we can hang tough against a team that has had a few weeks to click.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:35 pm

Very hard to predict anything this season... But every game we play will be tough and if we are off just a fraction we... Like any team... Will get rolled

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 8:22 pm

Manly have a lot of strike power in the backs and will make any poor outside defence pay big

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:12 pm

New combos. Manly strong at home. Our poor record there. Big test this 😬
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:19 pm

I have watched a lot of Manly this year and every second week is there good week this week is there good week I picked 6 out of 8 games last week I picked the Titans to win just because the way Manly have played this year they will be on fire this week very much up for it the Tigers will have to play for the full 80 and give there best performance so far to win I think Nofo is a big plus just because his kick returns will be so important with packer out and I think that's a big reason why Nofo got pick this week for his yardage game

Curly Tiger

Post by Curly Tiger » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 2:47 pm

This is the game of the year that truly matters to me as a Tigers fan living at Curl Curl / DY

MG1962

Post by MG1962 » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 3:35 pm

Nothing to really sweat. We win, we lose. All I ask, and have ever asked is to do their best.

But consider this. There will be a lot of Manly fans out there choking on their lattes over the fact they have to play the Tigers this week.

And I kinda like that :)

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 3:48 pm

MG1962 wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 3:35 pm

But consider this. There will be a lot of Manly fans out there choking on their lattes over the fact they have to play the Tigers this week.

Not sure I understand MG. Do you think the Manly fans fear the Tigers ?

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 4:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:35 pm
Very hard to predict anything this season... But every game we play will be tough and if we are off just a fraction we... Like any team... Will get rolled
The eveness f the competition creates this. The way ur team plays we need a rotation to stay fresh. This game will be tough i haven't committed any funds yet but the fresh faces gives me confidence of a new energy injection.

OzLukeH

Post by OzLukeH » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 4:24 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 3:48 pm
MG1962 wrote:
Wed 11 Apr, 2018 3:35 pm

Not sure I understand MG. Do you think the Manly fans fear the Tigers ?
It's just typical Manly fans. I'm in Frenchs Forest and their smugness in everything they do is nauseating.....
But if you want to stir them, tell them how Bozo is the best thing to ever happen to them and the local junior rugby league comps.....