Win or lose we still stay top 4

momo&medo

Re: Win or lose we still stay top 4

Post by momo&medo » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:21 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:34 am
Ladder position really irrelevant at this stage of the year... Just maintaining good form and the defense, improving the attack and no consecutive Ls
Agree .... let’s not get carried away with our standing at present.
Long way to go and this year was to be to build solid foundation for things to come.
And we are doing that nicely ..... so far.
But things in sport can turn around rather quickly.
So one small step at a time.
Winning this week would be a bonus ...... just like the other 4 wins so far this year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:37 pm

It's Manly ,we want to bury their heads in the Brookvale turf

Want Trent Barrett to rewrite his excuse book Sunday night

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:41 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 9:33 am
I have started this thinking as well. Dont flame me >>>> We need to temper our expectations.

This is a building year

I we win more often than not then we will land in the semis and be a credible destination for higher calibre of recruit.

Success compounds Success.

Eagles
Knights
Eels
Warriors

I dont see many losses in there
I was thinking the same, But Packer's departure has made me reassess this thinking. After the Eagles game; will know better.
Someone mentioned Packer's effort at the dying stages last week 3 tackles in a row + chasing the kicker on the last.....yep forward chasing the kicker! (I noticed this also) This guy is the heart and soul of the team so far, and I hope Sue has the hunger to continue it.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:54 pm

We beat Manly at the back end of last year at Leichhardt, but Brookvale Oval is a bit of a fortress.

Manly will be hard to beat there.

We seem to have more direction this year, so we will be competitive. If we’re in the game with 10 to go, I like our chances.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:02 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:41 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
I have started this thinking as well. Dont flame me >>>> We need to temper our expectations.

This is a building year

I we win more often than not then we will land in the semis and be a credible destination for higher calibre of recruit.

Eagles
Knights
Eels
Warriors

I was thinking the same, But Packer's departure has made me reassess this thinking. After the Eagles game; will know better.
Someone mentioned Packer's effort at the dying stages last week 3 tackles in a row + chasing the kicker on the last.....yep forward chasing the kicker! (I noticed this also) This guy is the heart and soul of the team so far, and I hope Sue has the hunger to continue it.
Not to ruin the sentiment but it is often forwards chasing through on kickers because they tend to be the ones at marker given the relative volume of tackles they make each match. Adam Blair whilst otherwise slovenly when playing for us was frequently the man tackling the kicker (often illegally because he's a cheap shot merchant).

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:46 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:02 pm
BodhiTiger wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:41 pm
Spartan117 wrote:

This is a building year

Eagles
Knights
Eels
Warriors

Not to ruin the sentiment but it is often forwards chasing through on kickers because they tend to be the ones at marker given the relative volume of tackles they make each match. Adam Blair whilst otherwise slovenly when playing for us was frequently the man tackling the kicker (often illegally because he's a cheap shot merchant).
You could probably count on one hand when Blair made three tackles in a row, especially for us. go watch it, you will get the picture. He moves us forward when we normally would fold.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:49 pm

weststigers wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:54 pm
We beat Manly at the back end of last year at Leichhardt, but Brookvale Oval is a bit of a fortress.

We seem to have more direction this year, so we will be competitive. If we’re in the game with 10 to go, I like our chances.
Melbourne's home ground was a fortress also. So they kept saying.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 1:05 am

BodhiTiger wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:49 pm
weststigers wrote:

They made a big deal about them calling it the graveyard the week before our first win against them.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 4:32 am

BodhiTiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

No ....it's a graveyard is what they call it and Rowdy buried Billy into the turf for good measure...on it's christening... :D
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:29 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 4:32 am
BodhiTiger wrote:
weststigers wrote:

No ....it's a graveyard is what they call it and Rowdy buried Billy into the turf for good measure...on it's christening... :D
Fingers crossed we can keep the early form up...It's my birthday on Sunday so hoping for a win before Sunday dinner
:sign:

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:53 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 4:07 pm
Still not really paying attention to the ladder. It only really starts to take shape after round 10.
I'm glued to the ladder, I love seeing Bulldogs Parra Cows Raiders in the rightful place.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 10:27 am

Manly are going to be up for tomorrow's game at Brookvale, they rarely put in a poor performance there so we'll need to be up for it. If we can match them early and keep up the good defence, I'm confident we'll frustrate them into error and can go onto to win, but if they get out to a handy lead early, they'll be damn hard to peg back at home. Let's just hope our attitude is first class again.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 11:50 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:53 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 4:07 pm
Still not really paying attention to the ladder. It only really starts to take shape after round 10.
I'm glued to the ladder, I love seeing Bulldogs Parra Cows Raiders in the rightful place.
Just looked at the ladder and the remaining games in this Round. Cows v Dogs, both teams are only on two points. Whoever losers this one will be in a whole world of hurt. Likewise Parra and the Raiders.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 10:28 pm

Just looked at it. Noticed it and posted it. Yeah only one result i want. We win is all i hope for. Early on the ladder but it's there to look at. Look at it i will. Changes big time this year week in week out.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 7:53 am

Don't think many Parra fans will be checking out the ladder.
On the site im looking at there is not enough space to capture all "L"'s which is unfortunate. On a positive note Parra have cracked the Ton in the F/A's.

I'm still looking for a site that has Mitch Moses F/A's.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:00 am

The next month presents a great opportunity to solidify our position on the ladder. I think Manly is going to be a hell of a challenge today but if we play to our ability and structure, knocking over Newcastle, Parramatta and NQ could see us heading into the SoO period with one hand on a top 8 position....

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:42 am

Roar Power wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:00 am
The next month presents a great opportunity to solidify our position on the ladder. I think Manly is going to be a hell of a challenge today but if we play to our ability and structure, knocking over Newcastle, Parramatta and NQ could see us heading into the SoO period with one hand on a top 8 position....
Im as enthusiastic as you RP,we have started great this year,even though we have beaten top teams so far,Manly will by no means take us lightly and will try to be the Tiger killers today....Ivan has proven he is no sub par coach and I reckon he is putting in place a gameplan to beat the Seaeagles at the dreaded home ground where we have a bad record....records have been made to be broken,today could be another one...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 9:14 am

If wests tigers only win one more game this season, please be this one.

Like to wipe the smug look off people associated with manly and their fan's faces.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D