What about Gamble and Reynolds?

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:19 am

Nathan will be a great addition to the team once Benji retires

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:29 am

stevied wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:51 am
Whoops, sorry everyone, I just started a new Brooks thread without reading this one....Maybe the forum moderator will delete mine or, otherwise, choose the best, ha ha! Is it possible to make my post a comment on here?
Like a lot of you, I thought Luke's performance deserved a thread or two.... The difference with mine was that I did ask the question - should he be considered for Origin??
Merged it in for you
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:15 am

Make no mistake Nathan Cleary is a gun and was Leading the Daily M's points count before he got injured, Cleary's goal kicking is what completes him as a halfback.
Nathan is still only 20 years old....scary to think , if it means Ivan will extend his Contract by getting his son here so be it.

I've been Brooks hardest critic but it's no coincidence that his game started improving when Moses left our Club last year, Moses was the toxic spoilt kid that stiffled Brooks game and as a result Brooks went into a shell lost his voice and didn't have the confidence in directing the side when big mouth Moses thought he was the centre piece.

The problem is how do you make it work? Assuming Nathan Cleary is signed in 2 years time, you'll have Cleary, Brooks (if Contract is extended) and Reynolds.
The problem is Reynolds is a Marquee signing and it's only a matter of time before he is back to his preferred position as he is wasted at hooker and we actually lacked energy when he replaced Liddle yesterday (Liddle can play 80) with E.T able to cover the last 10-15 minutes if Liddle is out on his feet.

Ivan has some massive calls to make down the track as long as he extends his current Contract I'm happy to go with whatever he sees fit.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:29 am

Halves get injured all the time. I'm not worried about having three on the books. By the time Nathan comes over. Nathan, Brooks and Reynolds have all been injured recently.
in Ivan we distrust

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:33 am

I love Brooks form and where his playing is going.

For some reason we have put our speed in our Halves not our wingers.

Move Reynolds to center and Kevie to the wing/backup fullback. We need Center depth and Reynolds would add mongrel to a tough pack. Marshall is 34 and I reckon he only wants a swansong year here. Maybe another year after that tops. Having Centers who can playball like a 5/8 rock (as per SKD, Jamie Lyon, etc).

Let this be a good problem, let their be competition for all spots.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:46 am

stevied wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:45 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:38 am
Keeps going the way he's going and we won't need Cleary jr. Maybe we could sign him share the hooking role with Liddle?
Unfortunately, it's looking as if we don't need Reynolds. Maybe we should move Brooksy to five eighth if Cleary Jr comes over...
Maybe you could move Cleary to 5/8!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:48 am

Cleary to Tigers is a no brainer even if it breaks the bank

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:21 am

king sirro wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:29 am
stevied wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:51 am
Whoops, sorry everyone, I just started a new Brooks thread without reading this one....Maybe the forum moderator will delete mine or, otherwise, choose the best, ha ha! Is it possible to make my post a comment on here?
Like a lot of you, I thought Luke's performance deserved a thread or two.... The difference with mine was that I did ask the question - should he be considered for Origin??
Merged it in for you
Thanks King but I actually thought mine was better, ha ha! Also, I notice that there is another Brooks for Origin thread on the main Wests Tigers page!

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:35 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:29 am
Halves get injured all the time. I'm not worried about having three on the books. By the time Nathan comes over. Nathan, Brooks and Reynolds have all been injured recently.
One week is a long time in footy and there’s talk of what might happen in 2 years , there will be injuries so all will get there fair share of footy in the top grade ..after the season has finished I think would be a good time to talk how Brooks has gone , one critical point the club has not got a recognised kicker and when Nathan Cleary becomes available all bets will be off as a premium half and kicker will take a team to a premiership.... I know where I would be putting my money!