What to do with Grubby?

Luke

Re: What to do with Grubby?

Post by Luke » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:31 pm

Reynolds needs more match fitness that is for sure. Thankfully we were winning comfortably when he came on because he could have ended up being our weak link.

Would prefer him to gain match fitness and more experience in the hooker role in ISP though. We haven't needed him for the first 6 rounds so if needs an extra couple of games in ISP then it's no big deal. Unfortunately it won't happen though...

Skip

Post by Skip » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:38 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:13 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:09 am
EzyTyga wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:41 am
Don't know if anyone notice but he attempted a couple leg trips
I know I saw 1 of them and thought gee that’s his bad habit rearing. But in all honesty I think he needs a couple of games in ISP to get match fitness. As Eliajah is due back and would warrant at least a bench spot.
Didn't see any attempted leg trips myself. Would he be that stupid?
Yep I saw 3, was keeping a close eye on him the whole game. I love how passionate this guy is and the energy he brings but IMO he needs a couple games in ISP.
"It's not because i'm lazy, it's because i don't care"

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:39 pm

This year is going to be a problem for Cleary to fit him in, it's a good problem at least. I guess next year may even be a problem if Benji keeps going the way he's going

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:52 pm

Still think its about man management and respect. Reynolds clearly is the marquee signing so you treat him like one, especially when he has done all the right things thus far other than get injured. He deserves the opportunity to contribute from the bench in hope that he can cement a position. His performances will determine that.
Respect and performance level go hand in hand when it is shared between players and coach. If you invest that much in a player you have to demonstrate that you trust him, and your judgement.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:57 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:52 pm
Still think its about man management and respect. Reynolds clearly is the marquee signing so you treat him like one, especially when he has done all the right things thus far other than get injured. He deserves the opportunity to contribute from the bench in hope that he can cement a position. His performances will determine that.
Respect and performance level go hand in hand when it is shared between players and coach. If you invest that much in a player you have to demonstrate that you trust him, and your judgement.
Agreed.

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:07 pm

king sirro wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:31 am
5/8 for Benji. Benji has done a great job, but his last 3 games have been poor. Yesterday he at least mixed in some really good stuff with his bad, but there is still too much bad play from him. Reynolds at 6 for me.
I agree mate once Reynolds fitness come along however we know Benji is rocks and diamonds however there seems to be fewer rocks.
The thing with putting a half on the bench is that it is harder for them to inject themselves into the game. Personally i see it as a waste to have a half on the bench.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 9:23 am

To borrow a basketball stat, Reynolds was -12 against Manly. Liddle was +38.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.