05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:56 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:17 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:55 am
momo&medo wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:34 am

Settle down ..... for goodness sake everyone has an opinion on this site worth considering.
As far Reynolds ... he will fit in well enough and it’s a long season.
For yesterday he did well for the level of match fitness he had.
Don’t get your knickers in a knot mate, you need to settle down. I was responding to a post that said our squad is unbalanced and that Cleary was under pressure to play Reynolds. Which is my opinion, is that okay?
And my opinion is the squads unbalanced and there's pressure on the coach to play our highest paid new recruit.

Which also doesn't mean I don't want him in the team.

Stating your opinion is fine but there is no need to bring JT into it every single time.... He has nothing to do with this topic and people are getting Jack of it... Play a different tune for once... Move forward for Christ's sake
When you stop implying people have multiple accounts to back up opinions that differ to yours then I’m happy to bring up JT. Don’t play the moral high ground only when it suits you.

Back on topic we have had a hooker on the bench for every game and we are 5-1. Unbalanced?? I don’t think so. While Reynolds is not match fit, he could play any position in our backline so adds cover there plus plays hooker which makes our squad more balanced. As for pressure to play Reynolds?? From who is this pressure being applied. He didn’t feel pressure to drop Nofa or lolohea , so why would that change wiTh Reynolds.
Sigh.
I mentioned a multiple account once, to one person. It had nothing to do with you.
You bring up JT almost on a daily basis to several members.. .. childishly inferring some members would not be happy with the success Cleary has brought. I doubt you can refrain from mentioning him again... We're all really tired of it.

I said it's an unbalanced squad... Where imo we have no real fullback and too many halves and hooker's.

Reynolds has never played wing centre or fullback as far as I know... He probably could play there if needed (how well though is another question) but he's like Lolohea... He's a 5/8.

Cleary would have possible pressure, from the board, the sponsors, the media ( or that that would bother him)
Reynolds is Clearys main recruit, he did not come cheap... Nofo etc are a different kettle of fish.

I'll leave you with the last word you so desperately seek, try not to mention you know who again.

tiger85

Post by tiger85 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 3:35 pm

i don't think ivan is under pressure to do anything. he has turned the club around and winning.
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

willow

Post by willow » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:38 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
05TIGZ wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:34 am

Settle down ..... for goodness sake everyone has an opinion on this site worth considering.
As far Reynolds ... he will fit in well enough and it’s a long season.
For yesterday he did well for the level of match fitness he had.
Don’t get your knickers in a knot mate, you need to settle down. I was responding to a post that said our squad is unbalanced and that Cleary was under pressure to play Reynolds. Which is my opinion, is that okay?
And my opinion is the squads unbalanced and there's pressure on the coach to play our highest paid new recruit.

Stating your opinion is fine but there is no need to bring JT into it every single time.... He has nothing to do with this topic and people are getting Jack of it... Play a different tune for once... Move forward for Christ's sake
When you stop implying people have multiple accounts to back up opinions that differ to yours then I’m happy to bring up JT. Don’t play the moral high ground only when it suits you.

Back on topic we have had a hooker on the bench for every game and we are 5-1. Unbalanced?? I don’t think so. While Reynolds is not match fit, he could play any position in our backline so adds cover there plus plays hooker which makes our squad more balanced. As for pressure to play Reynolds?? From who is this pressure being applied. He didn’t feel pressure to drop Nofa or lolohea , so why would that change wiTh Reynolds.
See you later Tiger4life. Don't come back.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:54 pm

I really think that by seasons end we will be very happy to have Josh in our first grade squad.
Good things and good times only last for short periods and it would be highly unlikely for whatever the reason, that our current combinations continue to succeed throughout the long season.
Having our half’s covered with Reynolds, Gamble and possibly Godinet is great.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:13 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:54 pm
I really think that by seasons end we will be very happy to have Josh in our first grade squad.
Good things and good times only last for short periods and it would be highly unlikely for whatever the reason, that our current combinations continue to succeed throughout the long season.
Having our half’s covered with Reynolds, Gamble and possibly Godinet is great.
Always something pops up around the corner, be it reps, suspensions or injuries (god forbid)
Its why we need depth
All good....I couldnt be happier :D

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:17 pm

You don't need to fix something that ain't broke

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 3:23 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
05TIGZ wrote:

Sigh.
I mentioned a multiple account once, to one person. It had nothing to do with you.
You bring up JT almost on a daily basis to several members.. .. childishly inferring some members would not be happy with the success Cleary has brought. I doubt you can refrain from mentioning him again... We're all really tired of it.

I said it's an unbalanced squad... Where imo we have no real fullback and too many halves and hooker's.

Reynolds has never played wing centre or fullback as far as I know... He probably could play there if needed (how well though is another question) but he's like Lolohea... He's a 5/8.

Cleary would have possible pressure, from the board, the sponsors, the media ( or that that would bother him)
Reynolds is Clearys main recruit, he did not come cheap... Nofo etc are a different kettle of fish.

I'll leave you with the last word you so desperately seek, try not to mention you know who again.
I think the beauty of the guy is if Cleary did put him in reggies, he'd take it in his stride. Never have i seen a more selfless player in my life. No wonder Dogs fans loved him. He'd give you his last 5 dollars.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:28 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:06 pm
this is a big call but i think IVAN, made his 1st BAD CALL yesterday, Josh should never been anywhere near the 1st grade team, after 10 min he was stuffed, the game for us changed with him coming on, he should have played ISP for 2-3 weeks to get up to speed
I agree. If it is good enough for Tui (whom we spent $400K for)to play ISP until he is fit enough for 1st grade then it is good enough and more than sensible for Reynolds to play ISP until he is fit enough for 1st grade. Cleary will make the right call.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:45 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:13 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:09 am
EzyTyga wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:41 am
Don't know if anyone notice but he attempted a couple leg trips
I know I saw 1 of them and thought gee that’s his bad habit rearing. But in all honesty I think he needs a couple of games in ISP to get match fitness. As Eliajah is due back and would warrant at least a bench spot.
Didn't see any attempted leg trips myself. Would he be that stupid?
I think we all know the answer to that question. :D

Let's just hope that he has changed. I'm sure if we sore it so would have the coaching team and someone will get into his ear about.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:18 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 1:16 pm
TIGER wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:02 pm
He has to just keep playing that role off the bench and see where we're at in a few weeks.

To be brutally honest and no disrespect to him but right now we don't really need him, that's a sign of how good we're going right there.
We bought the heart and soul of another NRL club he was our major recruit and he can't make the team.
That's just the reality of how we're going at the moment.
I would of gone with a Tim Grant on the bench as appose to Grub there.
What's 20 minutes of Tim Grant going to get you?

Post by 851 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:29 pm

king sirro wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:15 am
What concerned me about benji yesterday was I believe he actually took away from Luke's game. Luke was on fire early then Benji started getting it too much and we looked legless as a result. He had 4 very poor last tackle options. His only good last tackle options were his bombs, which were great. Poor pass over the sideline was a shocker.

Great 2 tries, great defence, great bombs....all very good. But let's not pretend the poor wasn't really poor. His 2 grubbers straight into Manly players turning the ball over, passing to Lawrence on a short blind to kick, throwing the ball the Esarn on a short blind to kick, these are last tackle options that should have went to Brooks. That's the problem with Benji, if he does a couple of good things, he then takes the ball too much. Give it to Brooks 70% of the time please on the last.

I'm not trying to bag Benji, I'm very happy he's here and very happy with what he has done. But there are signs there that worry me. I think Brooks taking even more control and Reynolds sitting back getting the ball when Luke wants him to get it would be a better balance. Just my opinion.
I agree with that, and thought exactly the same watching the game, Brooks has stood up the last 2 weeks, but Benji was in the road in the 2nd half.
I was hoping Benji might come off for Reynolds to go on, Reynolds needs a crack at playing 6, we bought him here to play 6, expecting him to be good at 9 is a bit much.
Go hard or go home

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:38 pm

I can't believe anyone would be putting pressure on IC to play Reynolds or that he would allow himself to be pressured. I think Ivan played him to get him acclimatised back to the NRL after months off the field. I think there will be times in the rest of the competition where we'll be glad we signed him but probably not in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:41 pm

I honestly think that both Benji and Josh are there to educate Brooks this year....Reynolds had a setback due to his injury....Benji who now has a baby in his life,in my opinion will hang up the boots next year and still be at the club in a non playing role..in comes JR to continue backing up and educating Brooks..dont kid yourselves JR will be a different player once he is at the 5/8 position and fully fit...he did a fine job yesterday in an unfamiliar role and after a setback,he will come good and Ivan knows it...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:48 pm

Nelson wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:18 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 1:16 pm
TIGER wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:02 pm
He has to just keep playing that role off the bench and see where we're at in a few weeks.

To be brutally honest and no disrespect to him but right now we don't really need him, that's a sign of how good we're going right there.
We bought the heart and soul of another NRL club he was our major recruit and he can't make the team.
That's just the reality of how we're going at the moment.
I would of gone with a Tim Grant on the bench as appose to Grub there.
What's 20 minutes of Tim Grant going to get you?
I just prefer the extra forward coming of the bench , when fully fit i know Liddle can play the full 80 minutes and if he needs a spell E.T would be my fill in hooker, Can't see it happening though as Benji's form will keep Reynolds playing off the bench in a utility role at present due to him being our Marquee signing .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:49 pm

coivtny wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:38 pm
I can't believe anyone would be putting pressure on IC to play Reynolds or that he would allow himself to be pressured. I think Ivan played him to get him acclimatised back to the NRL after months off the field. I think there will be times in the rest of the competition where we'll be glad we signed him but probably not in the next 3 or 4 weeks.
:brick:

Of course Ivan wants to play him, he recruited him after all. Its always been in his plans.
The pressure would come if he played him in reggies

Post by 851 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:51 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:41 pm
I honestly think that both Benji and Josh are there to educate Brooks this year....Reynolds had a setback due to his injury....Benji who now has a baby in his life,in my opinion will hang up the boots next year and still be at the club in a non playing role..in comes JR to continue backing up and educating Brooks..dont kid yourselves JR will be a different player once he is at the 5/8 position and fully fit...he did a fine job yesterday in an unfamiliar role and after a setback,he will come good and Ivan knows it...
I hope that is how it plays out, we really don't need Benji on the field again next year, but an off field role would be good, and yes Reynolds needs to play 6, and he needs some match fitness, but I am hoping he will shine.
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:49 pm
coivtny wrote:

Of course Ivan wants to play him, he recruited him after all. Its always been in his plans.
He recruited Tui too, but has obviously decided that he isn’t good enough to be on the field.
I don’t think he worries about pressure from the club,
Who in the club would be stupid enough to try and influence his decisions,
It would only be someone who couldn’t remember the shambles we were before he came here
I’m happy to leave him on the bench, or even better, in the Stands

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:49 pm
coivtny wrote:

Sorry you feel like you're hitting a brick wall. You need to adjust your pain tolerance up a notch or two. Don't want to exacerbate your pain but, if you're theory is correct, why is Tui in ISP? Wouldn't the same pressure be applied?