05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:55 am
momo&medo wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:34 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:47 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:35 am
To be honest I was a bit shocked yesterday when he came on...he looks nothing like he did at the Dogs...and I thought Tui looked slow
Hes no dummyhalf ...the squad really is unbalanced
Cleary is under pressure to play him as our marquee
I just hope he improves and gets match fitness quickly
The more you post the more I think your either JT or a family member of his. Cleary and pressure is something that doesn’t exist. Nofa and tui have both been dropped and they are our highest paid outsde backs. Obviously Ivan sees something in reynnolds and thinks he has to be in our to 17. It’s his first game back, he needs match fitness and once he gets it we will get our money’s worth. You harped on about our attack and look how well it’s going. Must be getting hard for you.
Settle down ..... for goodness sake everyone has an opinion on this site worth considering.
As far Reynolds ... he will fit in well enough and it’s a long season.
For yesterday he did well for the level of match fitness he had.
Don’t get your knickers in a knot mate, you need to settle down. I was responding to a post that said our squad is unbalanced and that Cleary was under pressure to play Reynolds. Which is my opinion, is that okay?
And my opinion is the squads unbalanced and there's pressure on the coach to play our highest paid new recruit.

Which also doesn't mean I don't want him in the team.

Stating your opinion is fine but there is no need to bring JT into it every single time.... He has nothing to do with this topic and people are getting Jack of it... Play a different tune for once... Move forward for Christ's sake

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:33 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:09 am
From that game he needs to be playing ISP in the short term. He was completely buggered after playing just 20 mins.

Liddle was also out injured for 8 months and had far fewer problems with fitness on return. Grub also played and trained most of the preseason where Liddle didn't.

Maybe getting a good 60-80 mins in ISP for a week or two will help him get up to speed?
20-30 minutes of full NRL intensity is probably not that far off 60-80 minutes at ISP where the intensity drops markedly after 20 minutes anyway. As bench hooker we probably only want 20-30 minutes out of him anyway because the longer he's on the more time Liddle is off. I'd keep it as is, his attitude is likely to be a positive for the NRL side with Packer out in the short term.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:46 am

Grubby to continue on the bench and play a role at hooker or the halves depending on how the game is going....

I must admit though Liddle was on fire yesterday as was Benji and Brooks...so it will be hard to take any 3 off for a rest....

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:56 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:17 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:55 am
momo&medo wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 9:34 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:47 am

The more you post the more I think your either JT or a family member of his. Cleary and pressure is something that doesn’t exist. Nofa and tui have both been dropped and they are our highest paid outsde backs. Obviously Ivan sees something in reynnolds and thinks he has to be in our to 17. It’s his first game back, he needs match fitness and once he gets it we will get our money’s worth. You harped on about our attack and look how well it’s going. Must be getting hard for you.
Settle down ..... for goodness sake everyone has an opinion on this site worth considering.
As far Reynolds ... he will fit in well enough and it’s a long season.
For yesterday he did well for the level of match fitness he had.
Don’t get your knickers in a knot mate, you need to settle down. I was responding to a post that said our squad is unbalanced and that Cleary was under pressure to play Reynolds. Which is my opinion, is that okay?
And my opinion is the squads unbalanced and there's pressure on the coach to play our highest paid new recruit.

Which also doesn't mean I don't want him in the team.

Stating your opinion is fine but there is no need to bring JT into it every single time.... He has nothing to do with this topic and people are getting Jack of it... Play a different tune for once... Move forward for Christ's sake
When you stop implying people have multiple accounts to back up opinions that differ to yours then I’m happy to bring up JT. Don’t play the moral high ground only when it suits you.

Back on topic we have had a hooker on the bench for every game and we are 5-1. Unbalanced?? I don’t think so. While Reynolds is not match fit, he could play any position in our backline so adds cover there plus plays hooker which makes our squad more balanced. As for pressure to play Reynolds?? From who is this pressure being applied. He didn’t feel pressure to drop Nofa or lolohea , so why would that change wiTh Reynolds.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:02 pm

He has to just keep playing that role off the bench and see where we're at in a few weeks.

To be brutally honest and no disrespect to him but right now we don't really need him, that's a sign of how good we're going right there.
We bought the heart and soul of another NRL club he was our major recruit and he can't make the team.
That's just the reality of how we're going at the moment.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:06 pm

this is a big call but i think IVAN, made his 1st BAD CALL yesterday, Josh should never been anywhere near the 1st grade team, after 10 min he was stuffed, the game for us changed with him coming on, he should have played ISP for 2-3 weeks to get up to speed

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:16 pm

Agree with Tiger, he's not essential to us. The first 5 weeks proved that.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:20 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:06 pm
this is a big call but i think IVAN, made his 1st BAD CALL yesterday, Josh should never been anywhere near the 1st grade team, after 10 min he was stuffed, the game for us changed with him coming on, he should have played ISP for 2-3 weeks to get up to speed
I tend to agree, he was blowing hard after only ten mins on!

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:22 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Fair call.
He doesn't make my 17 at the moment, a bench spot for halves insurance maybe but for mine if he's not at 6 he's not in the 17, we have better hookers than him and there's no way you split Benji and Brooks at the moment or maybe at all.
Yes I'd have Godinet in front of him as a bench 9.
It's funny because he's actually playing the role that I think Ivan had in mind for Benji, funny how a hamstring can change things.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:25 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Yes we lost momentum, but I think it was a demonstration of good man management. To get the best from Reynolds he needs to feel part of the team. Brought him on when were in control and we managed to maintain it.
Trust that Ivan respected Reynolds enough as a seasoned player and our key signing that he deserved his chance to return on the bench. Its up to Reynolds now to either hold that spot and or push for a position in the starting side.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:46 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:13 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:09 am
EzyTyga wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:41 am
Don't know if anyone notice but he attempted a couple leg trips
I know I saw 1 of them and thought gee that’s his bad habit rearing. But in all honesty I think he needs a couple of games in ISP to get match fitness. As Eliajah is due back and would warrant at least a bench spot.
Didn't see any attempted leg trips myself. Would he be that stupid?
Yup 60th minute his attempt on the manly no 9.....it’s just that he gets wrong footed. But it’s a bad technique all the same.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm

I think 14 is his go and coming off the bench is fine. I do agree the fact he is our marquee does put a little bit of thought to play him. To me he is our 2nd best hooking option (I still think he offers more than MM or PG). Happy to have him there for a month and make an assessment. If a back goes down he can cover it, though I guess you can claim MCK can as well.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:58 pm

JRey .. I wouldn' be writting him just yet, when the poor bugger came on he was so excited to be on the field, and he wanted so much to prove to hies team mates why he is here, he basically exploded himself in the first 10 minutes he was on the paddock. He was so over excited, he probably busted a poofle valve pacing up and down the sideines .. !! I agree with all the other, give a week or two in reggies just to get some match fitness .. then bring him in the 17 .. he energy and entuathism that he brings to the team is enormous .. it actually rubs off to all the other players as well.

I noticed yesterday that his jersey had no writing/stitching on the front of his jersey stating his debut with the team ?? .. all the other teams have special writing on the players jersey when they have a debuting player or special appearance. (IE: 100th 200th game)

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 1:05 pm

Manly were also going to come out hard in the 2nd half., However played DH for that period was always going to be up against it. In one way I'm glad Liddle didn't have to put his body on the line for 80 mins this early in the season.
Reynolds was very pumped and needed to be defending well in the middle. I'm glad Liddle was able to come back on and finish the game off.
I'm sure both players are better for the run in that game and both will probably play next week against the Knights. While Reynolds didn't go well in attack from DH. I still think he'll be the utility. Unless ET, Lawrence, Benji all are 100%. Then I'm not sure what will happen with Reynolds. I'd don't think many people would have seen this situation happen.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 1:16 pm

TIGER wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 12:02 pm
He has to just keep playing that role off the bench and see where we're at in a few weeks.

To be brutally honest and no disrespect to him but right now we don't really need him, that's a sign of how good we're going right there.
We bought the heart and soul of another NRL club he was our major recruit and he can't make the team.
That's just the reality of how we're going at the moment.
Spot on TIGER
As much as his a Marquee signing he needs some time in Reserve Grade, Liddle was in control and he wasn't tired as we had multiple tries which maybe equals close to 10 minute break by the time you go to video ref and kick the goals and not much tackling was needed due to the 75% possession we had, but was a perfect time to bring Reynolds on and see what he brings but to be honest he ain't a hooker.
I would of gone with a Tim Grant on the bench as appose to Grub there.

The thing with Ivan that I have been most impressed with is his not afraid to make the hard calls, his dropped Nofo, Tui and Mcqueen and Grant haven't had a go yet and given Rochow a start ahead of other big names.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 1:47 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:28 am
Yeah I don't know....you can't split up the starting halves ....Reynolds brings a lot of energy and i like the way he was getting out of marker in D made a lot of back to back efforts....

So bench for now...
This
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 2:04 pm

Think Reynolds needs match fitness and sharpen his competitive edge in reggies, i know it was his first hit out but he didnt look up to it he's no dummy half . I know Manly were pushing but he was the weakness and they exploited him. We looked disjointed when he came on marquee or not he needs to bide his time.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 2:05 pm

Keep Reynolds coming off the bench we need to get him match fit. Manly ran at him while he was on and ended up close to the top of tackles made in only 30 minutes of game time.