Where are the Marhsall critics now?

southerntiger

Where are the Marhsall critics now?

Post by southerntiger » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 5:25 am

Had a top season IMHO. Certainly there is still mistakes his in his game but I wouldnt swap im for anyone. I have a feeling he will dominate the league fo the next two or so seasons. People were calling for his sacking in the off-season. Where are they now?

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 6:45 am

mate he has matured so quickly this 2nd half of the season it wasnt looking good at the start , something has changed with him he was looking to slow at half it looked like he didnt have that elusive running anymore . then u watch him run down a morris i couldnt believe it . He now has outside backs he can use and put through holes thats a big difference.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 6:59 am

southerntiger wrote:Had a top season IMHO. Certainly there is still mistakes his in his game but I wouldnt swap im for anyone. I have a feeling he will dominate the league fo the next two or so seasons. People were calling for his sacking in the off-season. Where are they now?
Does it occur to you that (constructive) criticism might have been what helped Benji in the first place?

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 7:41 am

He has been our best player this season without a doubt.

The backend of the season has shown he can be one of the top players in the league along with Hayne and I'm not sure who else.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 7:43 am

whilst it sucks that wests-tigers did not make the top 8 :evil:
Benji had a good season without any major injuries and this can only give him more confidence.
I do not think we have seen the best of Benji yet.
good luck for season 2010
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 7:46 am

Hemmsleys Hairdresser - where art thou? :D

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 7:49 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Hemmsleys Hairdresser - where art thou? :D
And JT...

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 8:11 am

southerntiger wrote:Had a top season IMHO. Certainly there is still mistakes his in his game but I wouldnt swap im for anyone. I have a feeling he will dominate the league fo the next two or so seasons. People were calling for his sacking in the off-season. Where are they now?
Marshalls best year in the NRL by far..especially since he moved to #6..even though he played like a #6.5...

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 8:28 am

galea#11 wrote:something has changed with him he was looking to slow at half it looked like he didnt have that elusive running anymore
One factor this season has made all the difference to Benji - fitness

Juro

Post by Juro » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 8:40 am

Yeah, his best season so far. Hope he keeps it up over the next couple of years. With the right players around him, anything is possible.

Had to laugh when Ellis tried the flick pass at the end of the game and it went over the sideline, and the commentator said something like "only Benji can do that". I was thinking, did he mean:

a) only Marshall can make that pass work; or
b) only Marshall is allowed to pass the ball over the sideline (as he did far too often at the start of the year)
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Juro

Post by Juro » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 8:59 am

I'd forgotten that stat that Marshall has never lost to the Bulldogs. In every game against them since he made his debut, we have won when he has played and lost when he hasn't.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 8:59 am

I am sure they are all just happy that Benji is playing the best footy of his career.

:D Most were just upset that he was not playing up to the standard that we all expected of him

He just looks happy, he must be in luve!!!!!

anderson silva

Post by anderson silva » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 9:14 am

he is the single most important mamber of thi team, he has surpassed farah this seaon as our most important player

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 9:18 am

Juro wrote:Yeah, his best season so far. Hope he keeps it up over the next couple of years. With the right players around him, anything is possible.

Had to laugh when Ellis tried the flick pass at the end of the game and it went over the sideline, and the commentator said something like "only Benji can do that". I was thinking, did he mean:

a) only Marshall can make that pass work; or
b) only Marshall is allowed to pass the ball over the sideline (as he did far too often at the start of the year)
They never diss Marshall, plus I can't remember the last time Marshall threw it into touch.

If Marshall plays against the dogs, we win. We have won every game with him, lost every game without him.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 9:22 am

Why make an inflammatory statement? You have just set yourself up for the same petty response the next time Benji has a poor game. It will be endless, but I suppose that's why we have the forum. People say it is constructive criticism but all it has ever been is "I told you so" pettiness.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

anderson silva

Post by anderson silva » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 9:22 am

anderson silva wrote:he is the single most important mamber of thi team, he has surpassed farah this seaon as our most important player

lol im still hung over check the spelling, like im back in 3rd grade lol

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 10:16 am

cqtiger wrote:
Why make an inflammatory statement? You have just set yourself up for the same petty response the next time Benji has a poor game. It will be endless, but I suppose that's why we have the forum. People say it is constructive criticism but all it has ever been is "I told you so" pettiness.
I will stand by my comments unlike the others. "He should be sacked", "He is a waste of money", "He is an jnury prone hack" are not constructive criticism. The same people were calling for Tuiaki's head after a bad season last year. How wrong can you be?

Great season Benji (not without your usual blemishes), great season Tui.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 10:42 am

tiger05 wrote:He has been our best player this season without a doubt.

The backend of the season has shown he can be one of the top players in the league along with Hayne and I'm not sure who else.
Benji has been great back in 6........

But he had some shockers in the 7. His game v the Dragons was absolutely terrible.

Ellis has been our best over the entire season.