Post by tiger3 » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 10:54 am

Benji = INJURY FREE! :wahoo:
First season??

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 12:11 pm

yeah he only missed 1 game this year, which is a first

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 2:30 pm

Ummm...Benji Marshall is one of our Marquee players is he not....

He has been a work in progress for 6 seasons now,,,,

2009 has been his best year to date no doubt....Those of you who think he is better in 6 that's great .....but I hope you realise he is along with Farah the one who steers us around the footy field....Sheens has been trying to build this team around them since '05....2010 where in for something special me thinks....

Consistancy from your gun players is not too much to ask is it?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

anderson silva

Post by anderson silva » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 2:34 pm

Geo. wrote:Ummm...Benji Marshall is one of our Marquee players is he not....

He has been a work in progress for 6 seasons now,,,,

2009 has been his best year to date no doubt....Those of you who think he is better in 6 that's great .....but I hope you realise he is along with Farah the one who steers us around the footy field....Sheens has been trying to build this team around them since '05....2010 where in for something special me thinks....

Consistancy from your gun players is not too much to ask is it?

i dont think its gonna be much different to the last 4 years TBH, we havent recruited well enough in the forwards

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 3:17 pm

Tigerdave wrote:yeah he only missed 1 game this year, which is a first
kinda makes you think, that if he DIDN'T miss that game (against the Dogs) earlier in the season - would we be in the eight? considering Benji carves them up every time, it would have almost been a guaranteed win in hindsight considering the score was like 26-24....
We could almost go further and say if the panthers never drew their opposition to gain that 1 point or if the ref didn't send off the cronulla player last week - but that's for another day :?

Danos

Post by Danos » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 3:44 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Had a top season IMHO. Certainly there is still mistakes his in his game but I wouldnt swap im for anyone. I have a feeling he will dominate the league fo the next two or so seasons. People were calling for his sacking in the off-season. Where are they now?
Does it occur to you that (constructive) criticism might have been what helped Benji in the first place?
lol. There was nothing "constructive" in some of the criticism Benji copped on the forums earlier in the year.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 4:18 pm

ragedmachine wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:yeah he only missed 1 game this year, which is a first
kinda makes you think, that if he DIDN'T miss that game (against the Dogs) earlier in the season - would we be in the eight? considering Benji carves them up every time, it would have almost been a guaranteed win in hindsight considering the score was like 26-24....
We could almost go further and say if the panthers never drew their opposition to gain that 1 point or if the ref didn't send off the cronulla player last week - but that's for another day :?
well that's what was talked about before that game, that they had never beaten us with Benji in the side, if he had played that day, yeah I reckon we'd have won it.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 4:28 pm

southerntiger wrote:Had a top season IMHO. Certainly there is still mistakes his in his game but I wouldnt swap im for anyone. I have a feeling he will dominate the league fo the next two or so seasons. People were calling for his sacking in the off-season. Where are they now?

oh come on mate, he played well in patches but i can't say he had a TOP season. Out of 10 i would give it a solid 7, special moments this year from him were round 3 vs roosters, round 7 vs knights, round 19 vs cowboys, round 24 vs eels and round 26 vs dogs. IMO these are the only games he played well in. I can name a bundle of absolutely pathetic games he played starting from round 10 vs rabbitohs, round 11 vs broncos, round 12 vs warriors, round 13 vs panthers and round 22 vs roosters
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 5:48 pm

I thought Bunji was just amazing last night,and brilliant for the last two months.

I am so happy for him.........first year his shoulders held and he got a full year and didnt he improve as the year went on.

Freakish player that is now consistently brilliant for us.

Im stoked with him....top feller and top player,very happy he is a tiger and I reckon his best is still yet to come.

Scarey!!!!!!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 10:06 pm

Benji may wear 6 but he is calling the shots and playing as a wide 7 though he does play tight inside as well. This has been one of his best years and I think 2010 could be a massive year from him if he gets through the 4 nations injury free.

I think the goal-kicking has matured his game. His general kicking improved as the season went on though both areas need working on still. His passing game is top notch and is our best player.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 10:02 am

Danos wrote: lol. There was nothing "constructive" in some of the criticism Benji copped on the forums earlier in the year.
The point is that some of the haters didn't really watch the game and were just focussing on any errors he made. Yeah he made mistakes but you could see the talent he had and he had still been one of our best attacking players over the last couple of seasons.

The guy just needed some consistent footy and some help from some of the players around him. He has got that and now look at him. Imo he has been our best player over the course of the season. Ellis has been real good too but Benji is more important to us winning games. No other player comes close.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 10:34 am

Zaibatsu wrote:
I believe the majority were calling for his head as a HALFBACK.

He got back to his best when moved back to five eighth, so they were correct. :)
Well I'm glad his game didn't change to much with the 6 on his back.......
Ivan's Laws

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 10:49 am

He wasn't the best player this season. He has been returning to the exciting five-eigthth of 2005, and his injury free season and the partnership with Moltzen has really helped. But there were 26 (?) rounds this season.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 11:16 am

tigergirlz wrote:He wasn't the best player this season. He has been returning to the exciting five-eigthth of 2005, and his injury free season and the partnership with Moltzen has really helped. But there were 26 (?) rounds this season.
In your opinon he wasn't the best. Imo he was clearly the best - Ellis or Benji. Benji imo is more important than Ellis and helped us win more games. Ellis is a gun though - top player.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 2:47 pm

Allan Towle wrote:Benji may wear 6 but he is calling the shots and playing as a wide 7 though he does play tight inside as well. This has been one of his best years and I think 2010 could be a massive year from him if he gets through the 4 nations injury free.
It's not so much the change of number on the back that's made the difference. It's the fact that he has had someone else in the halves like Moltzen that also sets up alot of tries. It takes pressure off Benji. When Morris was in the halves it put too much pressure on Benji because Morris didn't setup many tries so Benji went for the big play too often. It just doesnt work. Sheens must be insane not to leave Moltzen at half. All we would need then is another quality prop and that will help our halves even more. Nothing would stop us then.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 4:59 pm

citizen cub wrote:

oh come on mate, he played well in patches but i can't say he had a TOP season. Out of 10 i would give it a solid 7, special moments this year from him were round 3 vs roosters, round 7 vs knights, round 19 vs cowboys, round 24 vs eels and round 26 vs dogs. IMO these are the only games he played well in. I can name a bundle of absolutely pathetic games he played starting from round 10 vs rabbitohs, round 11 vs broncos, round 12 vs warriors, round 13 vs panthers and round 22 vs roosters
Marshall is an off the cuff, ad-lib style of player. That will not change, so he will always have mistakes in his game. Round 7 vs Knights was a perfect example - his first half was shocking, his second half was brilliant.

I would not swap him for anyone.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 07 Sep, 2009 9:55 am

Geo. wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:

He got back to his best when moved back to five eighth, so they were correct. :)
It's incredible the amount of people thinking he played a different position. When Morris was in the halves we had Farah, Morris and Benji rotating in and out.... When Moltzen come in... we had even more rotation... we had Moltzen, Farah, Marshall and Ayshford (defending at 5/8).

Changing the number on his back did nothing, adding Moltzen into the halves changed everything!

On that note... Benji Marshall is the best footballer i have watched in years!
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 07 Sep, 2009 10:58 pm

Kaiser wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:

It's incredible the amount of people thinking he played a different position. When Morris was in the halves we had Farah, Morris and Benji rotating in and out.... When Moltzen come in... we had even more rotation... we had Moltzen, Farah, Marshall and Ayshford (defending at 5/8).

Changing the number on his back did nothing, adding Moltzen into the halves changed everything!

On that note... Benji Marshall is the best footballer i have watched in years!
Yeah I'm loving Benji's work of late too mate....

Hey Benji in 6 works for Benji........... may as well work for the fans...........
Ivan's Laws