Lui

pacey

Lui

Post by pacey » Thu 10 Sep, 2009 4:54 pm

where should he play next year?

i say, he wasnt very impressive in first let him play U20s next year 7 let him develope a bit more

izotope

Post by izotope » Thu 10 Sep, 2009 4:57 pm

think give taumata a try first see how it works, if not bring lui in.

Did rarely anything wrong, and starting coming out of his shell a bit in Gold Coast game.
tigers!

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Thu 10 Sep, 2009 5:13 pm

u cant expect the world from the guy

give him time.. few more trials and more maturity he will be a gun

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 10 Sep, 2009 7:27 pm

Lui has fantastic poise for a player his age. Some people on this forum expect the world from him after three matches but given some NRL experience he can be an extremely effective half for us - a very good foil for Marshall and the smart short kicking game that Benji struggles with at times.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 10 Sep, 2009 7:43 pm

I cant believe peoples expectations, young Lui gets thrown in at the deep end in a key position, goes okay without setting the world on fire and people want to write him off, This kids got class, put him on the open market and their would be heaps of interest. We seem to accept average performances from some established fgraders week in and week out but expect star like qualities from our rookies. Give the kid a break he will be good, cast your mind back to Moltzen first few games in the top grade, hardly memorable, and now he is a quality fgrader.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 10 Sep, 2009 7:56 pm

I think the problem is we are losing the usual suspects when it comes to scapgoats....

Lui is a 5/8 much the same as Marshall yet he was pitched into first grade in the 7,,,,I don't really know what people expected from him....Andrew Johns like performaces from the get go I spose...He was solid in the first grade games he played more than happy with his development....I thought he would really struggle defensively but he held his own....He will only get better the more experience he gains...

supercoach...Moltzen's start was pretty memorable to me .....thrown in after 4 mins against the Dragons then solid performances against the Cows, Dogs Panthers and Raiders before Marshall came back.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

willow

Post by willow » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 12:04 am

He's a natural 5/8, it's just a question of whether he plays with the number 6 or 7 jersey on his back. He's bound to feature in first grade next season, but with Taumata joining the club, competition in the halves will be fierce, especially considering Moltzen went well at 7 late this season. We'll obviously get a better idea in the trials next year but pre-season training should make for some good competition between the players.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 8:53 am

I would like to see him direct a side in the State Cup a little bit first.

He is a real talent but I think guiding a team away from the pressure against well organised defensive structures would be of great benefit in the long term

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:13 am

I'm gobsmacked at the level of criticism in Lui in his limited first grade experience. Seems some want him to set the world on fire from day one. Never was going to happen. Halves like props are long term investments. I like what i've seen from him so far....to quote sheens, it's rocks and diamonds with players like Lui, Benji was similar for so long early on his career, consistency is still an issue of his.

Should he be viewed as our 7 next season, absolutely! That should be our intention. Will that be how it plays out? Who knows, but with Taumata and Moltzen there is depth and a battle for one of them to gain the 7. Thats what we want too, keeps the boys on their toes and hopefully at the top of their game.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:21 am

I was speaking to the father of one of the Canterbury NYC players at golf the other day. I mentioned the scoreline by which Weststigers won. I said that Lui scored 2 tries. He said that yes he did but he also set up about 3 more!

His words "what a player"

We need to keep him. Where he plays I do not know. He is a natural 5/8. Has played all his football there. Maybe Tamatau to half, Lui to 5/8, Benji to centre with Lawrence?

We have bought some really fast guys from other clubs who could play on the wings. Mr T to the forwards if, as reported, his injury will restrict his pace from now on. Moltzen seems to be Sheen's favourite for the fullback spot.

That backline will be very fast and very good.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:56 am

magpiecol wrote:I was speaking to the father of one of the Canterbury NYC players at golf the other day. I mentioned the scoreline by which Weststigers won. I said that Lui scored 2 tries. He said that yes he did but he also set up about 3 more!

His words "what a player"

We need to keep him. Where he plays I do not know. He is a natural 5/8. Has played all his football there. Maybe Tamatau to half, Lui to 5/8, Benji to centre with Lawrence?

We have bought some really fast guys from other clubs who could play on the wings. Mr T to the forwards if, as reported, his injury will restrict his pace from now on. Moltzen seems to be Sheen's favourite for the fullback spot.

That backline will be very fast and very good.
Good idea. We've had some real success when Benji's been moved from 5/8...

balmain1

Post by balmain1 » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 1:08 pm

Do you think he will stay with us? I think he is from Nth Queensland so will probably end up there playing with Thurston. Give the kid time he needs to have another year in 20's or State cup against the bigger boys. He is a great find but I don't think he will stay with us. :(

izotope

Post by izotope » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 3:02 pm

move benji from 5/8 is worst idea ever.
He kills it having the room to move dummy decoying or putting centre's in holes.

Watch whenever a team doesnt have good line speed he will carve them up.

Lui is only young, but im sure we will be seeing him more.. Whether he should be our #1 choice for 7 is another question with taumata coming
tigers!

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 8:00 pm

i wanna see taumata first.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 12 Sep, 2009 9:54 am

izotope wrote:move benji from 5/8 is worst idea ever.
He kills it having the room to move dummy decoying or putting centre's in holes.

Watch whenever a team doesnt have good line speed he will carve them up.

Lui is only young, but im sure we will be seeing him more.. Whether he should be our #1 choice for 7 is another question with taumata coming
Do you ever watch the game for God's sake?

Benji plays half, dummy half, 5/8, centre and wing sometimes in defence. I saw Collis pack into the scrum the other night! Sheens has players playing all over the place in different positions. Wise up.

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Sat 12 Sep, 2009 9:56 am

1. Taumata
6. Benji
7. Moltzon
9. Farah
13. Lui

= Best attack in the game

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Sat 12 Sep, 2009 10:43 am

I'd be backing the 51-60 & 61-70 points scored in a game every weekend (and coming out in front i reckon) if that was the combo.
Points a plenty (FOR BOTH TEAMS) ;)

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 13 Sep, 2009 1:26 pm

Boy oh boy what i saw of Lui yesterday he is a long way off getting first go at half back next season, at this stage he could not tackel my granmother, and as far as a line break no hope they ran at him and past him at will.Iknow he had a bad knee so the coach needs a kick in the butt for playing him whats that do tothe guys condience