Lui

izotope

Re: Lui

Post by izotope » Sun 13 Sep, 2009 6:52 pm

magpiecol wrote:
izotope wrote:move benji from 5/8 is worst idea ever.
He kills it having the room to move dummy decoying or putting centre's in holes.

Watch whenever a team doesnt have good line speed he will carve them up.

Lui is only young, but im sure we will be seeing him more.. Whether he should be our #1 choice for 7 is another question with taumata coming
Do you ever watch the game for God's sake?

Benji plays half, dummy half, 5/8, centre and wing sometimes in defence. I saw Collis pack into the scrum the other night! Sheens has players playing all over the place in different positions. Wise up.

good work sir, your talking about defense.

All teams do this.

Deadset.
tigers!

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 13 Sep, 2009 8:15 pm

Lui did do well however when we have Moltzen there who never lost a game while at halfback why not keep him there and give Lui another year to devolop in U20's

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 2:41 am

BigUnit wrote:1. Taumata
6. Benji
7. Moltzon
9. Farah
13. Lui

= Best attack in the game
with a combo like that, we'd play on ch9 every weekend.

if benji was to ever be moved from 5/8th, i think he should move to fullback. this will give him a rest in defence and he will be lurking around in attack ready to destroy broken defensive lines.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 11:11 am

Torbizlo wrote:
BigUnit wrote:1. Taumata
6. Benji
7. Moltzon
9. Farah
13. Lui

= Best attack in the game
with a combo like that, we'd play on ch9 every weekend.

if benji was to ever be moved from 5/8th, i think he should move to fullback. this will give him a rest in defence and he will be lurking around in attack ready to destroy broken defensive lines.
We really need an ace defender in the 13 jersey. Fulton for mine.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Thu 17 Sep, 2009 3:45 am

Lui is 18 and already 93 kg's and plays like Jason Smith/Jim Dymock. He will be a lock in the long run, and a damn good one.

Whoever turned Chris Lawrence from our worst into our best defender get to working with Lui. Look at our options in the backs next year.

1. Moltzen/Lazarus/Ryan/Brown
2/5. Tuiaki/Ryan/Brown/Daniella/Jackson
3/4. Lawrence/Ayshford/Pritchard/Ryan/Brown/Daniella
6/7. Marshall/Moltzen/Lazarus/Taumata/Lui

Go for a worst case scenario and Benji, Moltzen, Lawrence and Tuiaki all get injured, we still put together a formidable backline next season.

1. Mitch Brown
2. Joel Jackson
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Geoff Daniella
5. Beau Ryan
6. Robert Lui
7. Arana Taumata

and of course Robbie the halfback with the 9 on his back.

If some of our reserve grade forwards come good we will win the comp next season. There I said it.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Thu 17 Sep, 2009 8:42 am

I think we can win the comp too.......I reckon we could have won it this year too.

I have said it too.

senexx

Post by senexx » Thu 17 Sep, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't know about all these new signings but yes Lui does have the makings of a first grader.

However, give him one position and don't shift him.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 12:26 pm

senex wrote:I don't know about all these new signings but yes Lui does have the makings of a first grader.

However, give him one position and don't shift him.
Yep agree, but not next year. He needs to work on his defence and speed training, as I don't think he is anywhere as sharp as Moltzen.

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 8:49 pm

i am sorry, but robert lui should be kept well away from 1st grade next season.
i was so disappointed with his pathetic effort today.
he was non-existent in defence all game.
the amount of times he watched melb players run past him and all he did was stick a lazy arm out was making me sick.
i felt sorry for the rest of the team who busted their guts out there today.
Lui was the weakest link.
in 1st grade he was picked off in defence and in u20s they carved him up as well.
he has been so highly spoken about and the games i have watched him play, i can not see what the fuss is all about. he has not set the world on fire.
we got rid of john morris and this guy is a similar player to him. the ball and attack will die with him in to many occasions.
i am so disappointed for the tigers u20s. they thoroughly deserved a win and if lui decided to use his size n muscle up, they probably would have won it today.

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 9:03 pm

I actually thought his kicking game in the first half was very good he was kicking to the corners very well with some beautifully weighted kicks could definately use this type of kicking game in first grade this kid has the makings of a solid fIrst grader just not sure if he has the pace or defence as yet but hey he is only 18 this will come give him a solid of season and another year in NYC and then a year in brets and im sure he will be a gun, on another aspect how bad was Josh lewis in the other game no matter how Bad benjii was at halfback he was still better than Lewis from what I saw today all in all though guys fantastic effort to make the gf and I think our future looks bright.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 9:06 pm

Torbizlo wrote:i am sorry, but robert lui should be kept well away from 1st grade next season.
the amount of times he watched melb players run past him and all he did was stick a lazy arm out was making me sick.
in 1st grade he was picked off in defence and in u20s they carved him up as well.
he has been so highly spoken about and the games i have watched him play, i can not see what the fuss is all about. he has not set the world on fire.
we got rid of john morris and this guy is a similar player to him. the ball and attack will die with him in to many occasions.
i am so disappointed for the tigers u20s. they thoroughly deserved a win and if lui decided to use his size n muscle up, they probably would have won it today.
Mullaney and Lui did some crap things today,so what its u20s
why do people think players need to be nrl ready at 18 or 19 ????

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 9:17 pm

he doesnt need to be NRL ready at 18 or 19 years old, but if u look out of ur depth in u20s then u need some serious development before even thinking 1st grade. plus every other player who had played 1st grade this year stood out except lui.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 9:40 pm

Torbizlo wrote:he doesnt need to be NRL ready at 18 or 19 years old, but if u look out of ur depth in u20s then u need some serious development before even thinking 1st grade. plus every other player who had played 1st grade this year stood out except lui.
your judging of 1 game ,yeh hes defense is crap but killmorley misses around 6-7 tackles a game
even benji struggled with defense early on ,remember how terrible he was?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 1:57 am

Torbizlo wrote:he doesnt need to be NRL ready at 18 or 19 years old, but if u look out of ur depth in u20s then u need some serious development before even thinking 1st grade. plus every other player who had played 1st grade this year stood out except lui.
Fair dinkum - the kid plays in the halves. It's a bit different from getting a call up in the forwards. I don't think he did a bad job in the NRL and until he got injured he was brilliant in the under 20s.

But you seem to have made up your mind on Lui. We'll see if you're right in a year or so.

Robert Lui - the newest punching bag for forum members.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 6:38 am

i think you are being harsh on Lui,sure he didnt have a great game but without him we dont even make the 8.Give him time and your patience will be rewarded he will be one of the best

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 9:43 am

I think if you look at our team we perfromed real well when we had Moltzen & Marshall in the halves. Both players can cut a team to shreds.

Lui looks like the sort of player who can maybe control a game and bust over the line with strength for a try but he doesn't look like a speed player.

Personally I think we have to go with a Moltzen / Marshall halves combo at this stage. I know Moltzen may turn into a real good fullback but as we have seen over the last 3 years two good halves in the halves makes a huge difference. Give Lui time to develop - let him direct a state cup side and see if he can cut it there before giving him a first grade spot.

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 10:15 am

Robert Lui I believe has the game and talent to consistently play NRL, but maybe that will come in 2011. He needs to fine tune some parts of his game to be ready for the consistent step-up e.g. Defence and his kicking game.

He has all the skills required, but the penny needs to drop (and it will) and bingo you will have a regular and good first grader for the club if we can hold onto him, with the salary cap as the Tigers enemy.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 05 Oct, 2009 6:39 pm

X-Pac wrote:
Torbizlo wrote:i am sorry, but robert lui should be kept well away from 1st grade next season.
Mullaney and Lui did some crap things today,so what its u20s
why do people think players need to be nrl ready at 18 or 19 ????
Huh.........what did Mullaney do CRAP.......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..