Your Favoutite Moment or Game from 2009

IronTiger

Your Favoutite Moment or Game from 2009

Post by IronTiger » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:08 am

I know it's all doom and gloom and navel gazing after another season out of the finals but personally I look back at some great moments at the games this year. Be it the games themselves which there have been some crackers or just the buzz of the day and the experience of going I have had a great time this year.

Game of the Year:

Has to be Knights at Campbelltown. We sat directly infront of a very annoying Knights supporter who just gave it to everyone all day and the joy of the look on her face as Benji slotted that last conversion was priceless. A rollercoaster of a game and a great day.

Best Moment:

Vs Broncos again back at CT in the torrential rain with my then 3 year old son who despite the conditions and the final result didn't stop smiling and waiving his flag all night. A very proud Dad that night.

I'm looking forward to next year already.

Go the Mighty Tiges

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:16 am

My favourite was Storm at leichhardt.It wasn't the best of specticals but it was edge of your seat stuff & when Marshall put Lawernce away in the last minute the place went nuts the atmosphere was electric like it always is at LO :righton:

Juro

Post by Juro » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 12:28 pm

I was thinking at the time that the best moment was when Farah finally got called up for Origin. The way he went in his couple of games though, was very disappointing.

The best game for me was finally beating Parra again. They were ordinary at the time, and we were a fair way down the ladder too, but it was very reassuring that every losing streak will eventually come to an end.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

willow

Post by willow » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 12:35 pm

Several games where highlights for me. I enjoyed the Tigers second half performance against the Roosters and Raiders at the start of the season, they were entertaining to watch. The win against the Storm was great to watch purely on the defensive effort from the Tigers. The win over Newcastle was great, as was the 6 game winning streak towards the end of the season.

Other highlights were the form of Tuiaki and watching him trample people, Benji when he brought his A-game, same with Farah and it was good to see Ellis and Galloway generally dominate their opposites each game.

matty119

Post by matty119 » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 12:52 pm

I think like most people, I can't really narrow it down to one, but there are certainly a few great ones:

1. vs Roosters, SFS (rnd 3) - not many people may say this, but I thought it was one of the gutsiest second half performances from us this year. Despite some high points, we looked dead at half time in that one, and then just rolled through them in the second half, with that pass out the back from Benji on his knees. I loved getting right into one of my mates who is a Roosters fan. For the first 55/60 mins of that game he wouldn't shut up, then we just finished all over them.

2. vs Melbourne, Leichhardt - that game, minus the first 15mins, was spectacular. Some great hits on big Storm forwards, that one by Lawrence was classic, and then of course his try set up from the scrum by Benji. That noise was deafening, the loudest i've heard Leichhardt in a long time

3. vs NQ, Leichhardt - great spectacle, Leichhardt full on a sunny Sunday arvo, ch 9 game, must win. Then the dog that is Anthony Watts gets stuck into our captain and local junior, I don't think so!! Robbie just smashed him the second time, then we played all over them for the rest of the game. (also must note the hilarious confrontation between Webb and Gallant, Mighty Mouse trying to take on the biggest guy on the field, what an idiot!)

4. vs Eels, SFS - althought the result didn't go our way, this was just a classic game. We lost Nella, and Beau played the second half on one leg, but we were right in it till the end. Another of the what-ifs, but just think if Moltzen grabs that chip and chase from Hayne, runs 90m and scores under the posts!! But nothing can go past Benji, just all class and brilliance with the try for Ayshford. But apart from that a very spirited performance that showed these boys will never give up.

MGB

Post by MGB » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 12:59 pm

Grinding out a win against the Storm at home. Not the prettiest win but by far the most encouraging of the last 2-3 seasons. I also have fond memories of the Roosers game earlier in the season, all class.

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 1:04 pm

Did anyone happen to watch the Manly Game on the Monday night? Round 20 or thereabouts.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 1:47 pm

^ Yeah I was there at the Manly game

When that pass went over the sideline from Orford, we yelled so loud and everyone was standing on their seats, I was yelling at one of the Manly fans' face in front of me when he was continually heckling us WT fans all night saying Manly will pump us - when Watmough came alive I was thinking 'oh no...it's proving him right'

but in the end it was bitter sweet :righton:

Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 3:29 pm

benji's flick pass against the eels. I was right in line with it and was one of the most awesome things I had ever seen.
Bring Back Dr Pepper -- Tiger Blood

NATHANBRA

Post by NATHANBRA » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 5:52 pm

best game - V manly 19-18
best moment - benji kicks it from sideline to beat knights

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm

highlight beating parra.

lowlight losing to souths at the scg

memorable moment watching daine laurie run on to the park.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 6:03 pm

best match against manly

worst match against the warriors in nz
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 7:02 pm

A bit of a strange choice but my favourite game was when we finally beat the Eels at Parra Stadium after so many losses in recent years. Favourite moment would have to be the long run to the try line by Chris Lawrence in the last minute of the Storm game at Leichhardt. Haven't heard the crowd go off like that for a while. May there be too many favourite moments to choose from at the end of 2010!

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 11:28 am

Farah vs Watts, cows game at LO.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 4:51 pm

no individual game for me, just the run of 6 in a row and the anticipation in the lead up to the parra game. i actually got really excited that maybe, just maybe, the tigers were are real threat and a chance of making the 8 and giving it a real shake. i had written them off after a horrible performance against the warriors and had finally started to believe. alas, it wasnt to be, but i am still grateful for that time while it lasted.

as for a particular moment: i cant remember which game it was (possibly at LO) or even who it was against, but in one game a couple of months ago keith galloway put the best hit on someone i have seen in ages! it actually made me laugh out loud (not because it was funny, just because it was so awesome and this was my reaction) and i rewound the foxtel about 3 times in a row to watch it over!

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 5:02 pm

IronTiger wrote:Best Moment:

Vs Broncos again back at CT in the torrential rain with my then 3 year old son who despite the conditions and the final result didn't stop smiling and waiving his flag all night. A very proud Dad that night.
Great stuff. This is what going to the footy should be about.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 6:11 pm

top 5 moments
1. Marshall's last 20 vs Newcastle
2. Marshall's flick to Ayshford
3. Farah vs Watts
4. Ellis vs Mason (the lead up and game)
5. Putting 50 on Rusty's Bunnies

Worst 5 moments
1. Merritt's arsey field goal
2. losing 5 in a row
3. Collapsing to miss the 8
4. Daine Laurie's bombed try vs Melbourne
5. Brett Morris scoring a hat trick vs Parra to pip Tuiaki for leading try scorer

Best 5 games
1. Beating Manly 19-18
2. Beating Bulldogs 34-12
3. Beating Parra 23-6
4. Beating Melborune 16-6
5. Beating Newcastle 26-24

Worst 5 games
1. Losing to Souths 23-22
2. Losing to the Dogs 22-20
3. Losing to Penrith 42-20
4. Losing to NZ 14-0
5. Losing to Gold Coast 36-24

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 6:31 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:top 5 moments
1. Marshall's last 20 vs Newcastle
2. Marshall's flick to Ayshford
3. Farah vs Watts
4. Ellis vs Mason (the lead up and game)
5. Putting 50 on Rusty's Bunnies

Worst 5 moments
1. Merritt's arsey field goal
2. losing 5 in a row
3. Collapsing to miss the 8
4. Daine Laurie's bombed try vs Melbourne
5. Brett Morris scoring a hat trick vs Parra to pip Tuiaki for leading try scorer

Best 5 games
1. Beating Manly 19-18
2. Beating Bulldogs 34-12
3. Beating Parra 23-6
4. Beating Melborune 16-6
5. Beating Newcastle 26-24

Worst 5 games
1. Losing to Souths 23-22
2. Losing to the Dogs 22-20
3. Losing to Penrith 42-20
4. Losing to NZ 14-0
5. Losing to Gold Coast 36-24

Mate that pretty much sums up the season for me as well - well said.