Jake Mullaney being "seriously considered"

Kul

Jake Mullaney being "seriously considered"

Post by Kul » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 5:48 pm

According to the Fox Sports coverage of the Tigers v Canberra semi, Jake Mullaney is being "seriously considered" for a top squad contract for next year.
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

summers

Post by summers » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 6:42 pm

goo he has looke very solid tonight plus if he does make grade moltz can go bak to half

anderson silva

Post by anderson silva » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 6:57 pm

Give this kid a top 25 contract, he is a future star in our game, gee hes been impressive this year. he plays the game similar to what lockyear did when he played FB.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 7:04 pm

reminds me of slater when he was first starting out. Bit suspect in defence and under the high ball but a talent he is.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 7:10 pm

in addition to being a 'potential' Slater this kid can goals too.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 7:14 pm

Snowy wrote:reminds me of slater when he was first starting out. Bit suspect in defence and under the high ball but a talent he is.

I havent seen every game so correct me if im wrong, but i havent seen him suspect in ether of those things.

He looks like a footballer thats for sure. How old is he? If he's eligible for the 20's next year i'd keep him there and give him a few games for Bret or the Pies as i think he's a year or two off pushing for an NRL spot.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 7:15 pm

Snowy wrote:reminds me of slater when he was first starting out. Bit suspect in defence and under the high ball but a talent he is.
Positionally he is outstanding......loved the try saver on the Raiders fullback 30 out centrefield then back to the corner to cover up the kick...great stuff

He actually reminds me of another Wests fullback who debuted in the 90's
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 7:31 pm

Very impressive..but very tiny.
I now understand..well almost...why we let Gallant go

Kul

Post by Kul » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 7:36 pm

Whilst I think another year in the NYC would be good for him (i can't find out how old he is) and going for Tuqiri for next year would be better, I'd have ZERO objections to Mullaney getting the number one spot next year.

Earlier in the season he looked raw, but he has grown as a player in leaps and bounds during the latter half of the year. His support play and kick returns are dynamite and his defence is getting better.

I'm sure that with a full off season working on his d, he will carve up the NRL!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Danos

Post by Danos » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 7:53 pm

clontarfkid wrote:Very impressive..but very tiny.
Really, could you explain it to me then, because I'm still struggling for an acceptable answer.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 18 Sep, 2009 8:54 pm

Well with talk about playing Lote if we get him at fullback, Sheens may look at playing Mullaney there if he fails to get Lote, allowing Moltzen to play halfback.

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Sat 19 Sep, 2009 9:38 am

And he has his own dedicated cheer squad!

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:16 pm

fox also announced that jason schirnak had been signed to out top 25 for next year before the club did.

they love keeping us in the know dont they...

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:50 pm

Danos wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:Very impressive..but very tiny.
Really, could you explain it to me then, because I'm still struggling for an acceptable answer.

I will tell you why. Because he requested to be released because he believes he has a better chance of playing fulltime up north than competing with the likes of Tamatau, Moltzen, Mullany and maybe Lote.

He said that he was happy with the contract with Weststigers, but he requested the release for the good of his family. This request was granted by the WT"s, which was very nice of them, I thought.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 19 Sep, 2009 2:40 pm

fergiefurr wrote:fox also announced that jason schirnak had been signed to out top 25 for next year before the club did.

they love keeping us in the know dont they...

Jason Schirnacks announcement was made by the club about two months ago.

Mullaney has potential but realistically should not be considered for a top 25 spot next season. He should be signed to a State Cup contract.

This is not a slight a Jake but we do not need another small back in our top squad. It has to have some balance in it. Replace Gallants spot with a prop for goodness sake.

I am reminded of last year with every forumer and their dog creaming their jeans over Townie. He is lucky right now to get a starting spot for the Entrance Tigers. Potential has to be developed and NRL is not the place to start that

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 19 Sep, 2009 6:12 pm

This kid has the goods ....BUT is a season away from the top grade at least don't want to see him rushed talk about a Hodgo clone .

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Sep, 2009 8:21 pm

He's carving up in the Toyota Cup at the moment but against FG opposition Mullaney will be faced with solid chasers lining him up and I think they'd sort him out pretty quick. He's still eligible to play in the 20's next year and I'd keep him there and look at running him in the State Cup to see how he handles that before throwing him at the back in FG.

spearby

Post by spearby » Mon 21 Sep, 2009 11:23 am

I dont care where we play him as long as we have he under contract of some type this kid is playing super every club will be trying to lure him from the tigers . he plays like another hodgson keep him please :wahoo: