Jake Mullaney being "seriously considered"

Torbizlo

Re: Jake Mullaney being "seriously considered"

Post by Torbizlo » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:33 am

i went n watched the tigers u20 smash the dragons last night n he had a blinder at the back. the kid can play n he can kick goals too.
he should be put on some serious vitamins in the off season n trained like a race horse 2 bulk him up ready for top grade.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 12:15 pm

Torbizlo wrote:i went n watched the tigers u20 smash the dragons last night n he had a blinder at the back. the kid can play n he can kick goals too.
he should be put on some serious vitamins in the off season n trained like a race horse 2 bulk him up ready for top grade.
Yeah Elvis to the recue...........

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 4:31 pm

Geez....he doesn't need to bulk up....he is still growing.....

Anyone worried about his defence see him stop big Merrin on the charge......

Oh and positionally I hope he moves in with Moltzen......he could learn a thing or 2...Only 2 Dragons kicks found the grass....

Didn't drop a bomb either......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 27 Sep, 2009 2:37 pm

he is an awesome player but theres not reason being silly and rushing him into fg
we have moltzen at half and lazerus and brown as replacement fb's.
let him finish his nyc career and have a run in nsw cup and if he can tango with the boys in nsw cup then he can go to first grade.
2 many youngsters get injured getting injected to fg prematurely.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:29 pm

If he's good enough, he's old enough.

I too think he's a bit small and could bulk up a bit, but he did prove on friday that he can take down bigger players. But in the NRL the players a bigger, faster and smarter...

He won't be the starting fullback next season, but if injuries hit i'd expect him to be the backup, but starting the season in Toyota Cup. Like Dugan with the Raiders.

He's like a quick version of Hodgo, and while i personally prefer backs to be a lot quicker, if he bulks up a bit more there's no reason he couldn't turn out like Stewart or SLater in a few years time. He has the talent, just has to put in the hard work!!

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:43 pm

His build & the way he plays really reminds me of a young Slater. IF he keeps developing both physically and as a footballer he could be anything. If he doesn;t then he'll be one of the innumerable couldavebeens.
Hopefully a few games mid next season to bring him on & then the season after he'll be ready.
Certainly seems to have all the skills and abilities a fullback needs though.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 8:46 am

Agree with other posts if you are good enough you are old enough.

Just need to ease him in to firsts maybe a few trials then back to the 20s for 5 or 6 games then unleash the youngster.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 9:01 am

I'd give him at least half the season in state cup and see how he handles that before considering him for first grade. He could be another Hodgo (big emphasis on "could"), but I believe if he's rushed into first grade too early he may turn out to be another Mcdonnell.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:41 am

Well this is also why we have trials. Sure it's not quite the same thing but we'll have a better idea.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Tue 29 Sep, 2009 4:29 pm

king sirro wrote:
Snowy wrote:reminds me of slater when he was first starting out. Bit suspect in defence and under the high ball but a talent he is.

I havent seen every game so correct me if im wrong, but i havent seen him suspect in ether of those things.
Earlier in the season he had some absolute shockers fielding kicks gifting a few tries to the opposition, along the ground and in the air.

To his credit though, he has improved out of sight in that area as the season went on. He's still suspect in defense, but much improved in fielding kicks.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 29 Sep, 2009 4:39 pm

still wet behind the ears is jake.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TigerRock

Post by TigerRock » Tue 29 Sep, 2009 9:25 pm

On another forum (LU) some people are posting that he is as good as gone to annother club ? dont know how true it is

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Tue 29 Sep, 2009 10:10 pm

TigerRock wrote:On another forum (LU) some people are posting that he is as good as gone to annother club ? dont know how true it is

hope not!!! :pray:

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 30 Sep, 2009 6:13 pm

TigerRock wrote:On another forum (LU) some people are posting that he is as good as gone to annother club ? dont know how true it is
If it's on LU it must be wrong...

Davester

Post by Davester » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 12:54 pm

Mullaney for me is another season from looking at a breaking into the FG side. It wouldn't be so smart to throw him straight into the deep end. He needs to bulk up a little, he'd get steamrolled in FG and that could be detrimental to both his confidence and progress as a player.

At best, as others have mentioned would be taking him into the State Cup team. In U20s it looks like all attack, looking at the blowout scorelines these games have state cup would be a little something more I reckon. See how he progresses in that and if doing well, ease him into FG near the end of the season if needed be.

An exciting prospect though, doubting these rumours of him leaving! The kid is a gun. One for the future! :D

T-MONEY

Post by T-MONEY » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 1:10 pm

i herd cronulla sharks signed him.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 3:30 pm

T-MONEY wrote:i herd cronulla sharks signed him.
From who? When? Can we have a source?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 09 Oct, 2009 1:37 pm

The article on the main page of the official site suggests that this rumour is far from the truth.